Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering some of you don't have dash creaks...

Do you think it's worth scheduling service? I live on a roughly paved road and I already have ~3 rattles from the dashboard and another rattle somewhere in the rear coming from the interior. Squeeky driver mirror too. I'm not even sure how they'd resolve the rattles though unless they lined the clips with felt or something.
Sounds like its the least of your worries 🤣

Do you think it's worth scheduling service? I live on a roughly paved road and I already have ~3 rattles from the dashboard and another rattle somewhere in the rear coming from the interior. Squeeky driver mirror too. I'm not even sure how they'd resolve the rattles though unless they lined the clips with felt or something.

If its creaking and rattling while driving, sure.

If you're just pushing it to find creaks, then, maybe not. Unless you really just like pushing on car dashboards. I won't judge.

They may disassemble the dash, maybe squirt some grease in there, and push it back in. Maybe they'll replace a part with bad clips.

Reactions: impastu
Arguably there are four airbags which are "drivers side": Yoke, Knee, Seat side, Curtain.

After Takata, everyone is super super paranoid about anything happening with airbags. I had vehicles that had airbags replace multiple times under recalls, as the first, and then second, replacement could still eventually kill you with shrapnel.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Arguably there are four airbags which are "drivers side": Yoke, Knee, Seat side, Curtain.

After Takata, everyone is super super paranoid about anything happening with airbags. I had vehicles that had airbags replace multiple times under recalls, as the first, and then second, replacement could still eventually kill you with shrapnel.
I imagine it’s just the yoke airbag, but we’ll see when they start work on these.

Reactions: impastu

Rattle from the rear could be one or both rear seat latches. If no rattle when seat back is down then just wrap the latch loop with electrical tape or similar. No official fix for that from Tesla yet.

Dashboard rattle may be the main larger screen. If you rest your hand on the screen does the rattle subside? For the rear, the seat latch would seem like the culprit, but you may also want to check your rear seat bolsters when the seats are folded (the bolsters stay upright) aren’t loose due to broken clips. Mine were loose because Tesla broke clips, and one just basically fell out of the car with the back seats down. Premium indeed…

When those bolsters are installed securely there’s only a small bit of movement with the seats folded down.

Attachments

• B98059DD-34E9-49BA-82B5-22F0E21B39FA.jpeg
    B98059DD-34E9-49BA-82B5-22F0E21B39FA.jpeg
    568.4 KB · Views: 91
Does anyone have clunking from the front driver side suspension when entering or exiting steep driveways? I search but could not find anything for the refresh/plaid. If so what was the issue? For me it doesn't do it all of the time and seems more prevalent when its cold.
I'm having a similar issue. If I back over a sloped curb like a driveway to street transition with my wheels at an angle I get a clunking/grinding noise that sounds like it is coming from the front right wheel area. It does not happen every time at different locations but it is pretty consistent at same locations. It started in the last month or so. I need to figure put how to replicate it consistently for a service visit.

Reactions: Leojsayta and Pdubs
Haven't see anyone mention. Presumably this is a straight maneuver and not with a steep turning angle? Could it be the suspension rising?
Its usually when turning into a sloped driveway so there is a bit of a turning angle but as Bull said its not consistent so def fear a service appt where they will tell me they cannot replicate lol. I have seen this on medium, high, and very high. For me it happens when going forward maybe 10-20% of the time

Reactions: jebinc
I'm having a similar issue. If I back over a sloped curb like a driveway to street transition with my wheels at an angle I get a clunking/grinding noise that sounds like it is coming from the front right wheel area. It does not happen every time at different locations but it is pretty consistent at same locations. It started in the last month or so. I need to figure put how to replicate it consistently for a service visit.
No grinding on my end more of a clunk/thump with no noise before or after.

Mobile svc came out yesterday to let me know that the yoke is still on back order so can’t replace it yet for peeling issue. He also said he came out to ask me about the 38-45mph rattle. He said it’s a known issue but no fix avail yet.

And now we have to wait about the airbag recall I guess.

Reactions: Pdubs
Mobile svc came out yesterday to let me know that the yoke is still on back order so can’t replace it yet for peeling issue. He also said he came out to ask me about the 38-45mph rattle. He said it’s a known issue but no fix avail yet.

And now we have to wait about the airbag recall I guess.

Actually, this may be the fix, @yerEVan !

Does anyone have clunking from the front driver side suspension when entering or exiting steep driveways? I search but could not find anything for the refresh/plaid. If so what was the issue? For me it doesn't do it all of the time and seems more prevalent when its cold.
yes. i have it on my S refresh and also had it on my 2018 P100D. they both clunked when reversing with hard left turn out of my driveway.