Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting wind noise at speed from driver’s side front window. I noticed the door window sits above the seal instead of tucked in flush like on passenger side. I think the window edge sticking out is catching air. I’m hoping the seal is just misaligned, but it could be angle of small triangular glass (or door window) is off too. Anyone else see this? Pics of driver and passenger side attached.

Attachments

• 5C95B622-ED01-4D25-B0D0-E3811678A0F7.jpeg
    5C95B622-ED01-4D25-B0D0-E3811678A0F7.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 4B6EBE27-8E06-4AFF-8373-03D6084510C5.jpeg
    4B6EBE27-8E06-4AFF-8373-03D6084510C5.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 85
I think my Plaid suffers from insomnia; it is unable to sleep for some reason. Of course, Sentry is turned off at home, etc. not my first Tesla, so not a noob issue. My 3 slept and my new MYP is a real sleepy head. Thoughts?

View attachment 732834
My honest opinion - firmware. My old Model S would go through phases where it would not sleep, firmware update, sleeping. Then an update, borked sleeping. Rinse and repeat. On TeslaMate Github, Model 3s and Ys - no issue. I think there is something lingering the Model S firmware or they are constantly jacking the sleeping algorithm that throws it off.

• Informative
Reactions: Pdubs and impastu
My honest opinion - firmware. My old Model S would go through phases where it would not sleep, firmware update, sleeping. Then an update, borked sleeping. Rinse and repeat. On TeslaMate Github, Model 3s and Ys - no issue. I think there is something lingering the Model S firmware or they are constantly jacking the sleeping algorithm that throws it off.

@cwanja I would accept that, had it not been for the fact that I know of another Plaid, with same beta FSD firmware, that sleeps like a baby.

Reactions: impastu
I think my Plaid suffers from insomnia; it is unable to sleep for some reason. Of course, Sentry is turned off at home, etc. not my first Tesla, so not a noob issue. My 3 slept and my new MYP is a real sleepy head. Thoughts?

View attachment 732834
My LR has a fan somewhere close to center of windshield at top of hood that runs quite a bit, sometimes hours after I park. It’s not the HVAC.

My LR has a fan somewhere close to center of windshield at top of hood that runs quite a bit, sometimes hours after I park. It’s not the HVAC.
That fan sounds like the HVAC intake. I’ve noticed mine will run up to a 30 minute cycle after parking, maybe drying the evaporator side out? It’s latent and not always immediately after parking.

I’m getting wind noise at speed from driver’s side front window. I noticed the door window sits above the seal instead of tucked in flush like on passenger side. I think the window edge sticking out is catching air. I’m hoping the seal is just misaligned, but it could be angle of small triangular glass (or door window) is off too. Anyone else see this? Pics of driver and passenger side attached.

Mine are flush, but that little window looks misaligned. I know Omar had his swapped for something that looks similar to this.

I have never asked them about that. I started noticing it when I took the car back from SC when it spent 26 days. Before the SC run, I'm not sure if this issue has been presented. I think it was always there I just never focused on it before I have explored it here on the forum.

Another issue is bothering me a lot and it's been with my car from the day 1st. At low speed when I maneuvering on a parking lot or so I can hear a weird clicking/cracking sound that comes from the front right corner. Sound pretty close to when upper control arms are dead (I had that issue on my old X and remember the sound). Happens only when I turn wheels.

Will ask them when I'll decide a was not at SC for long enough lol.

I have/had this. Mine was on the front left. SC said it was a bad bad spring/damper unit. They replaced the unit and the main creak is better. But I still have some low level creaking/clicking when driving at parking lot speeds over rough pavement. It seems to be exacerbated a little when the yoke is turned. I told the SC via the app (since I live 2.5 hrs away) but they have not responded. Very annoying.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and impastu
Yeah this is a weird one. I've been running the same software as @jebinc and my car has been sleeping just fine. For reference...

View attachment 733006

Current snapshot.... Telsa is investigating. Their first question was, "How do you know if the car is sleeping or not?"

Edit: There's a thought this may be due to having two power sharing Was.....

IMG_5341.png

Current snapshot.... Telsa is investigating. Their first question was, "How do you know if the car is sleeping or not?"

View attachment 733009
Tesla is probably going to tell you to disable all the third-party trackers. Assuming their line has not changed.

You could also test this way - disable TeslaMate and wait an hour. Open the app and see if the app says it is “waking up” the car. If it even still says that, been six months and many updates since I’ve had a car.

Assuming nothing is keeping the car awake, it should go to sleep within 15 minutes or so.

Tesla is probably going to tell you to disable all the third-party trackers. Assuming their line has not changed.

You could also test this way - disable TeslaMate and wait an hour. Open the app and see if the app says it is “waking up” the car. If it even still says that, been six months and many updates since I’ve had a car.

Assuming nothing is keeping the car awake, it should go to sleep within 15 minutes or so.
@cwanja I opened by telling Tesla SC that TeslaMate doesn't wake car and in fact provided them a screen shot with both my MYP sleeping and the Plaid not.

This -- yeah, it still says that

Reactions: impastu and cwanja