Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I put windows all the way it closes fine. but looking at the door it's not flush with the fender on the top side. It's either a missed align door or trim. It does travel down about the same height as the front driver side door, I doubt they'll do anything about it, I'll keep you guys updated appointment is on Jan 27th. The dude at the service center just compared a steering wheel to a cooling pump. What other car has a buzzing steering wheel?
Unfortunately, I think the yoke buzzing is bad software, not hardware. It doesn't buzz when you first get into the car in the morning. It only starts buzzing after the first button press. They need to fix the bad code in the yoke microprocessor.

I think it's supposed to be like that, I had a large gap between my trim and side mirrors but I just pushed it in and it was less noticeable. the more I look at my car the more little things I see that bothers me. The dumb passenger front door bugs me the most, gotta remind people to slam the door.
they fixed my front door issue. it’s about 80% better. had to send it to a body shop.
here is their response when i asked what they did.

“We made adjustments to the front passenger door striker and window.”

so they essentially had to take the door panel off and adjust the window. the issue was the windows is leaning too far in. try lowering the window and then shut the door. it will shut normally.

very big difference but not as perfect as the driver door.

Following up on the 'cooing dove' sound from the HVAC system. I demonstrated the sound to a technician a few weeks ago and made an appointment with service for next week but canceled after I swung by on Wednesday to see if they had guidance from the factory on what is causing it. They said they hadn't and told me the technician would do diagnostics.

It's annoying but not bad enough to be without a car for days while they figure it out or make things worse by pulling apart the dashboard looking for the little bird caught inside and then take days or weeks to diagnose the problem, swapping out parts that take days to get from the factory (even though we're 90 minutes from Fremont). I told them this is a really common problem among owners on TMC and there's got to be a fix for it but I don't want to be the guinea pig for them to figure it out.

Has anyone had their local service center deal with the cooing dove sound and solve it? Please share.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and impastu
Following up on the 'cooing dove' sound from the HVAC system. I demonstrated the sound to a technician a few weeks ago and made an appointment with service for next week but canceled after I swung by on Wednesday to see if they had guidance from the factory on what is causing it. They said they hadn't and told me the technician would do diagnostics.

It's annoying but not bad enough to be without a car for days while they figure it out or make things worse by pulling apart the dashboard looking for the little bird caught inside and then take days or weeks to diagnose the problem, swapping out parts that take days to get from the factory (even though we're 90 minutes from Fremont). I told them this is a really common problem among owners on TMC and there's got to be a fix for it but I don't want to be the guinea pig for them to figure it out.

Has anyone had their local service center deal with the cooing dove sound and solve it? Please share.
Common problem? Maybe I'm not reading enough, but this is one of the first complaints I've seen of a "cooing dove". Is it that annoying? You're gonna have to give them your car to figure out what it is.

Mine HVAC system never worked so I haven't heard such noise. No idea. But Kennesaw SC will know the in and outs of replacing a HVAC unit very soon.

Common problem? Maybe I'm not reading enough, but this is one of the first complaints I've seen of a "cooing dove". Is it that annoying? You're gonna have to give them your car to figure out what it is.

Mine HVAC system never worked so I haven't heard such noise. No idea. But Kennesaw SC will know the in and outs of replacing a HVAC unit very soon.
They all do it. Every new S has this sound. I’m so used to it that I tune it out and only really ever hear it when I’m sitting in the car in a silent location (like my garage).

Reactions: jebinc and impastu
Nice pictures and very helpful to all.. As I have said earlier, catching this early by reaching over the top of the tires to feel for clearance could save one a lot of problems later and should be on the checklist on delivery day. There is another picture showing the wear from the tire rubbing through the harness and in the background are more wires coming from behind an open panel that look like they can just flop around...!!! Is this how it came from the factory??!! SLOPPY! Future potential failure,
Makes one wonder, this is what is seen, what can not be seen! Floppy wires shown routed behind panel
View attachment 755221
Am I correct in assuming this is only an issue with the rear wiring harnesses. Just took a few photos of mine and they seem OK. Anybody who’s got some Expertise - please confirm.
D3D9B9B4-96E2-4ABE-962E-3539B8A52CF6.jpeg
F2978EE1-FA95-49C6-8FEC-6A161DAF85E4.jpeg

C9D91D70-C6D5-4EEB-8EA2-0E4A295BCECB.jpeg

Reactions: impastu

Yeah, it's annoying. You can't hear it with any music on, but once you turn off the music you can hear it and the yoke buzz clearly.

They all do it. Every new S has this sound. I’m so used to it that I tune it out and only really ever hear it when I’m sitting in the car in a silent location (like my garage).
I guess I haven't had enough time in my car to hear this. One day when I get it back I'll have to check lol.

I posted this in another thread a few days back but is anyone having issues with the screen not shutting off and door locking upon leaving the car (I use phone key)? It usually works most of the time. But on several occasions I find myself having to open and close the door in order for the screen to shut off when I'm leaving my car. Am I missing something? Seat sensor issue?

Also I know a while back someone mentioned not being able to control the rear AC from the front. I finally figured out how to at least turn it on and off from the front if anyone is wondering. Not sure if this has been addressed or not yet.

Reactions: impastu
Unfortunately, I think the yoke buzzing is bad software, not hardware. It doesn't buzz when you first get into the car in the morning. It only starts buzzing after the first button press. They need to fix the bad code in the yoke microprocessor.
Based on the behavior this is 100% a firmware or designed in hardware problem. The haptic linear motor doesn’t seem to stop after it’s first tap motion and just jitters.

Reactions: LiveSai and impastu
I have the same issue now. They already replaced the airbag and it did not solve the issue. They do not seem to know how to address the issue. Did yours every get solved?
What’s the actual error CODE you are receiving. It’s in the Notifications menu. It’s important people start posting these to correlate whether they are the same issue.