Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else's driver display have a dot effect like this? Very annoying...

View attachment 774124
It's by design. The idea is to make the transition fade from the display to the black edge less harsh. On some cars, like the Mach-E, it has a very sharp cutoff, that looks cheap to me. Tesla could have done the transition a bit cleaner, but that's the way they did it. Almost invisible with cars that have darker paint colors, while white cars make it the most noticeable.

It's by design. The idea is to make the transition fade from the display to the black edge less harsh. On some cars, like the Mach-E, it has a very sharp cutoff, that looks cheap to me. Tesla could have done the transition a bit cleaner, but that's the way they did it. Almost invisible with cars that have darker paint colors, while white cars make it the most noticeable.
Thanks for the explanation :) Much appriciated!

Mobile service just replaced the entire charge port assembly to fix the issue I had of the charge port door sometimes not opening from the wall connector or supercharger connector. It currently works, but the problem was intermittent, so I guess we'll have to see.
Part: ASSY, MOTORIZED CHARGEPORT DOOR, SAE(1038548-00-I)

Last edited:
Mobile service just replaced the entire charge port assembly to fix the issue I had of the charge port door sometimes not opening from the wall connector or supercharger connector. It currently works, but the problem was intermittent, so I guess we'll have to see.
Part: ASSY, MOTORIZED CHARGEPORT DOOR, SAE(1038548-00-1)
That didn't fix the issue for others so keep an eye on it. Discussed here: Can’t open charge port with wall charger

That didn't fix the issue for others so keep an eye on it. Discussed here: Can’t open charge port with wall charger
Well I gave them all the info before and during the visit, mentioning the exact problem and also mentioning about the RF antenna fix, but I can't make them do something they don't want to. So I guess I'll just have to wait for it to not work and report it again. At least they came out to do this and I don't have to drive 30+ mins and waste my time at the service center.

Mine are super dark too. I don't think anything is wrong with yours.
Check to see if the LED Light pipe is lined up with the hole in the magnetic kick-panel cover down in the footwell. I noticed on my car that the driver's side panel is a little "warped" and the light pipe does not line up perfectly with the "slit" in the cover it's supposed to shine through. The passenger side is OK on my car though, and is significantly brighter in the footwell than on the driver's side.

Reactions: JeffTutorialsY
Check to see if the LED Light pipe is lined up with the hole in the magnetic kick-panel cover down in the footwell. I noticed on my car that the driver's side panel is a little "warped" and the light pipe does not line up perfectly with the "slit" in the cover it's supposed to shine through. The passenger side is OK on my car though, and is significantly brighter in the footwell than on the driver's side.
Lot to ask, but can you maybe take / share any photos? Trying to see what "normal" might be.

Lot to ask, but can you maybe take / share any photos? Trying to see what "normal" might be.
@cwanja front foot well lights are much much more subdued than rear. I hadn't noticed until I snapped these for you.

Attachments

• tempImagekb5fhi.png
    tempImagekb5fhi.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 220
  • tempImageSzwUWz.png
    tempImageSzwUWz.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
  • tempImageZaEV2r.png
    tempImageZaEV2r.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 73
front foot well lights are much much more subdued than rear. I hadn't noticed until I snapped these for you.
You can't conclude that from your photos if you were using a camera using automatic exposure. It is just as likely that the back seat only looks brighter because the exposure for the back seat was different due to the difference in how brightly lit the seats were. The only confirming evidence would be to use a camera or camera app that allows you to manually set the exposure and to use the same exposure settings (i.e. aperature and shutter speed) for front and back.

Reactions: cwanja
You can't conclude that from your photos if you were using a camera using automatic exposure. It is just as likely that the back seat only looks brighter because the exposure for the back seat was different due to the difference in how brightly lit the seats were. The only confirming evidence would be to use a camera or camera app that allows you to manually set the exposure and to use the same exposure settings (i.e. aperature and shutter speed) for front and back.
How about confirming evidence being that I had my eyes open when taking the photos.

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja