Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was a joke...you said you don't believe Tesla all the way to the top.
In his defense, I believe Elon when he says we have the necessary hardware. It’s just that I bet he was thinking of using another way of identifying pressure applied to the steering wheel, not a sensor like every average Joe was thinking.

For example, it would be simple to engineer the steering column adjustment motors to sense torque create by sudden pressure applied to the steering wheel while in drive .

Etc. there are so many solutions to any given problem that it continually astonishes me how people assume “Elon’s a liar” etc. That’s like, the lowest level of cognition. I’m *certain* he had a creative solution in mind when he said that (or similar forward-looking statements). Now, reality in the form of physics or regulations might have made the path to the solution more difficult it even unobtainable, but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t speaking to the best of his knowledge at the time.

Reactions: unk45
The fix is you getting the new software and for that to happen they have to let new testers in.

Are you talking to sales or a local Service Center?
Perhaps I’m missing something in this discussion but I don’t see why he would have to wait until Tesla is allowing new testers. That can happen if he changed computers but that was not the case here. He is already in and just waiting for a compatible update. That should be the next one, 11.4.x.

Perhaps I’m missing something in this discussion but I don’t see why he would have to wait until Tesla is allowing new testers. That can happen if he changed computers but that was not the case here. He is already in and just waiting for a compatible update. That should be the next one, 11.4.x.
Once you are back on non-Beta firmware you wait like anyone else. We don't know if 11.4.2 is opening it back up.

The fix is you getting the new software and for that to happen they have to let new testers in.

Are you talking to sales or a local Service Center?
No fsd beta for me.

Attachments

• image000000.gif
    image000000.gif
    516.8 KB · Views: 50