Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 679639View attachment 679640View attachment 679641View attachment 679642So this happened yesterday. My SA matched my MSM/Black/Arachnids order to a vehicle in Buena Park whose original purchaser was denied financing. Everything happened quickly - I received an email in the morning notifying me that payment was due. I logged into my account and saw the VIN. I was told home delivery but ended up picking up the MS at Buena Park. After finalizing payment and financing, I got a call from my SA asking if I wanted a red LR/black/Arachnids which was also not spoken for. I declined and stayed with the MSM. A short freeway drive home and I have to say - this is one awesome car! And yes, once behind yoke, all of Tesla’s sins were forgiven. I want to give a shout out to Zakiya and Gordon for making this happen!
I'm so happy for you. The thing is I can't believe why they didn't match that red for me even though I live in Irvine which is very close to you and had earlier order number with exact same configuration.

That MSM seems freaking sexy though

Reactions: bananaheim
I'm so happy for you. The thing is I can't believe why they didn't match that red for me even though I live in Irvine which is very close to you and had earlier order number with exact same configuration.

That MSM seems freaking sexy though
they're just trying to screw as many people as possible by EOQ. criminal you ordered in november and nothing but 1151s getting! so much for 11/11 magic

Im with you. My delivery estimate is October and I am fine with that. If they called me today I would probably say no (I say probably because excitement might get the better of me).
I would definitely have to say no though I doubt I’ll get delivery before August anyway. I’m currently still in California and have it set to take delivery in Texas but won’t be moving back to Texas till August. I already have a couple things planned for the car though..HREs and getting a custom color for my paint :)

I’m in the minority here and hoping to not get a delivery earlier than first week of August

I would definitely have to say no though I doubt I’ll get delivery before August anyway. I’m currently still in California and have it set to take delivery in Texas but won’t be moving back to Texas till August. I already have a couple things planned for the car though..HREs and getting a custom color for my paint :)
Is your first statement because you are moving? Or is there more of an early production / quality concern? Or both?

Is your first statement because you are moving? Or is there more of an early production / quality concern? Or both?
It’s because I’m moving. I set it up to take delivery in Texas for a couple reasons: 1) I would only have to pay sales tax on the difference between the trade in value of my M3 and the price of the MS and 2) I don’t want to deal with the hassle of shipping it to TX if I got it here in CA

Got an update to August as of this morning. I’m apparently not the first refresh in my apartment complex though! That goes to the Gray/White wood 21” Plaid now parked 50 ft from my car.

These things really do look new and sweet in person, pics do not do it justice. I didn’t believe people when they first said that, but I do now.