Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I meant earlier. The process has infected my brain. It truly is astonishing people who ordered 2020 are STILL waiting. It costs them nothing to give out 10,000 supercharger miles or even 100 as compensation, but they won't.
That is exactly my point. For people who ordered early and have waited with all the issues that bring, they could at least compensate by giving free supercharging miles or adding a couple of years of free connectivity. At least somthing. I mean, it's a $100K car, not cheap!

Delivery Day in Massachusetts

LR with 21”, Black and Cream interior, FSD

Delivery was an easy experience, we had no trade in and purchased on a lease….some paperwork to sign and then accept delivery in the Tesla app.

The Black is really strinking with the black door handles and black-ish 21” wheels

Cream interior a nice contrast - and wow the new interior in person is even more engaging than in video/photo…driving position with Yoke is good with lots of visibility - more on yoke later.

The minor design changes, and slightly wider body make an impact especially from the front view.

And yeah the Yoke - well on the road I had pretty much no issues really due to the wonderful videos that the first 25 have posted - thank you all - just following how you have done it made a big difference. I really noticed how easy the Yoke is on the freeway - actually less stress than a full wheel - and the visibility !!!

As the cameras calibrate - some done and some coming - the ’press the scroll wheel for autopilot‘ ideal makes it even easier to turn it on and off regularly in the drive.

Performance. Well Sport mode is fast, and Insane faster..Ive got a draggy on order and will post results early next week, and yes the LR has Drag Strip Mode although I haven’t used it yet.

Some images attached here - any questions let me know
Hey just checking in to see if you got the dragy yesterday and have had a chance to run a quick test or two? Lots of us are waiting to hear! Hope you are enjoying the car!

Reactions: (crunch) and cwanja
Haha! I actually waiting for the cream.
By the way, I sent DMs to a few of y'all with orders before my Feb 14th order date. There's an MSLR/MSM/WHITE/21 here in SoCal that's looking for a buyer TODAY.

DM me if you have questions
-m

Reactions: hopedope
Oh I’m no amateur… I will be sleeping in the car at the service center tonight and tomorrow right around the corner I will have PPF put on. The car isn’t going more than 2 miles before it’s covered with a clear bra
If you just do the clear bra, can you visible tell a difference from the rest of the car that is not protected? Does it look different as the car starts to get dirty?

Reactions: (crunch)
If you just do the clear bra, can you visible tell a difference from the rest of the car that is not protected? Does it look different as the car starts to get dirty?
I’ve had a clear bra on two of my previous Audis and you really cannot tell it’s there unless you’re up close on it. If you don’t do the entire hood of the car, you’ll start to see a dirt line where the bra ends as the car gets dirty though

Can echo @Tony99 comments - if installed properly and well, you will never know it is there. There are some times where a white paint job with a clear bra over it will start to yellow. But that is more from lower quality product usage than installer issues. Do your research.

Reactions: brunla
Picked up my LR last night. Here are a quick few things I feel so far.
1. The yoke is cool. Love that it allows unobstructed view of the screen.
2. Steering into a turn is no issue at all. It’s coming out of the turn is super awkward.
3. turn signals will take awhile to get used to. Defiantly fumbled around with them.
4. interior is amazing. I had a 2017 S and this interior blows it away. Both fit and finish and quality.
5. It’s crazy fast.
6. I thought I hated the wood details but in person it’s actually not bad looking at all.
6. haven’t calibrated full self driving or auto shift yet. But shifting from the screen is a breeze. Actually seems easier than a stalk.
6. sound system is good.
7. white interior is super bright and stunning. My last S was black interior and glad I went white.

I’ll keep adding as I discover more

Can echo @Tony99 comments - if installed properly and well, you will never know it is there. There are some times where a white paint job with a clear bra over it will start to yellow. But that is more from lower quality product usage than installer issues. Do your research.
Is the Model S really prone to paint chipping? I have an SUV now, so no issue there. Had other sedans in the past as well and no issues. But on this thread everyone is running to do PPF immediately.

Reactions: (crunch)
Walnut.

Attachments

• 8CB8CA96-D44C-4006-89DD-A39FEAAB8DCD.jpeg
    8CB8CA96-D44C-4006-89DD-A39FEAAB8DCD.jpeg
    459.2 KB · Views: 76