Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you explain this set up as far as why it may be better. New to Tesla and getting charger installed next week.
Just have your electrician install a standard 240V outlet, the same one used by a clothing dryer. Use this charging cable: Corded Mobile Connector Done. Charges about 28-30 miles per hour.

Attachments

• IMG_6157.jpeg
    IMG_6157.jpeg
    351 KB · Views: 131
Just have your electrician install a standard 240V outlet, the same one used by a clothing dryer. Use this charging cable: Corded Mobile Connector Done. Charges about 28-30 miles per hour.

That is a good idea and it comes with the vehicle. However, for me, I want in the vehicle at all times in case I need to charge on the road and I know I will forget to put it in the car (and will be to lazy when I do remember). I went with the wall connector and I get 35-40mph so a little jump.

Can you explain this set up as far as why it may be better. New to Tesla and getting charger installed next week.
Sure,

For me, it gave me flexibility. I got the permanent-like install of a wall charger, with the flexibility of a Nena 14-50. Imagine if one day, for whatever reason, your wall charge goes on the fritz or stops working. I could simply unplug it and plug in my mobile connector and be good to go. If the wall charger was hard wired, I would be out of luck until I got an electrician out to trouble shoot the install. Or what if a friend with a plug-in hybrid stops by the house? I can then just let them plug into the wall (as long as they have a 14-50 plug. Lastly, when I did move, it was a placed of cake to just unplug the charger and take it with me, leaving behind a plug that was added value to the house for any potential buyer interested in EVs. Also, this setup works with 2 wall chargers as well (I had that at a prior house, where both wall chargers were plugged into 14-50s and also connected to each other with the communication wire).

Ordered 4/25 with 10-14 weeks estimate (if I remember the estimate correctly).
  • Model S Long Range
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 19" Tempest Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Went blank for about a week in early-June, then started showing August since then. Added FSD on today and it still showing August. August 1st would be 14 weeks from date of order.
I never filled out my credit app. Just got a call from an advisor asking me to do so and says to expect delivery "soon".

Was told by my SA today (had to call him, of course, otherwise I wouldn't hear anything) that my car has not left Fremont yet. Still possible to arrive overnight for my tentative appointment on Thursday, but was told it might be a few days yet. Sounds like they are taking quality control very seriously. Said I didn't have to submit payment as requested under my account as the next step; I could just write a personal check on delivery day.

I mentioned the vein on the yoke that people have reported here, as well as the poor embossing and the stitching problem on the back of the yoke, and asked if they would check that before I take delivery. I'm hoping the 436+ VINs no longer have this issue. Interesting that the vein even shows up in this photo in MotorTrend magazine (at least the embossed T looks okay)! Anyone who has taken recent delivery seen this problem still?

1626221443138.png

Also! I have the worm but it doesn’t look all that bad to me. It’s my special worm, wormy.
First off congrats and enjoy! Looks amazing.

Any issues with the back of the yoke numbs? Been reports and today personally felt one that has bad stitching on the back side creating a flap. Could help determine if @derevan007 might have luck. Looks like the vein / worm / whatever is still there.

I’m
One important clarification. 99% of dryer 220v outlets are 30 A and not NEMA 14-50. The 14-50 is also known as a RV outlet. This is the one that would would well with the connector.

When you see it, all the troubles it took to get here suddenly disappear. They were right.. it was so worth the wait!

I can’t wait for y’all to have yours!!
Looks awesome man! New here; can’t give reaction yet so manually giving a like haha

PS for a brief moment I thought there’s a new QC issue on the hood :|

Enjoy!