Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off congrats and enjoy! Looks amazing.

Any issues with the back of the yoke numbs? Been reports and today personally felt one that has bad stitching on the back side creating a flap. Could help determine if @derevan007 might have luck. Looks like the vein / worm / whatever is still there.
So far looks fine! Do you have the post reporting it?

Was told by my SA today (had to call him, of course, otherwise I wouldn't hear anything) that my car has not left Fremont yet. Still possible to arrive overnight for my tentative appointment on Thursday, but was told it might be a few days yet. Sounds like they are taking quality control very seriously. Said I didn't have to submit payment as requested under my account as the next step; I could just write a personal check on delivery day.

I mentioned the vein on the yoke that people have reported here, as well as the poor embossing and the stitching problem on the back of the yoke, and asked if they would check that before I take delivery. I'm hoping the 436+ VINs no longer have this issue. Interesting that the vein even shows up in this photo in MotorTrend magazine (at least the embossed T looks okay)! Anyone who has taken recent delivery seen this problem still?

View attachment 684285

Do not stress over a car you do not even have yet. Wait until it gets here and see what happens. There are enough that have it that Tesla will probably take care of it even though it is "normal". I do mot have it but would be demanding a replacement if I did have the tapeworm.

Do not stress over a car you do not even have yet. Wait until it gets here and see what happens. There are enough that have it that Tesla will probably take care of it even though it is "normal". I do mot have it but would be demanding a replacement if I did have the tapeworm.
Not stressing. Just being proactive. My SA appreciated my calling it to his attention. He said he’ll add it to their pre-delivery quality checklist. So now everyone at this SC benefits.

Ordered 4/25 with 10-14 weeks estimate (if I remember the estimate correctly).
  • Model S Long Range
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 19" Tempest Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Went blank for about a week in early-June, then started showing August since then. Added FSD on today and it still showing August. August 1st would be 14 weeks from date of order.
That’s my config and I ordered a month earlier than you. Great sign. The 19s are coming !

Reactions: travwill and cwanja
I never filled out my credit app. Just got a call from an advisor asking me to do so and says to expect delivery "soon".
I orders mine 2/3/21 and my account delivery dates bounced around like crazy
Said March than said April than nothing. Than we all know it came out in June than deleivery said July and nothing than august than back to nothing than showed nothing. Than out of no where I mean no where got an email in the middle of the night didn’t check my email and at 8am cst or Texas time lol guy calls me and say hey your VIN number is in please get your Insurance stuff than looked up Alliant finically people on the Tesla website asked for my life story via paperwork and paperwork uploads. You have to pay 5 bucks to become some stupid member and had to get insurance on the car which was hell of expensive to be real like stupid expensive for instance my insurance on my accord was 130 bucks a monthe new model s LR was $384 a month also I got FSD on my car. You have to get your insurance company to put the financial company which is alliante credit union as a lean holder on the insurance thing I guess and up load that SS card picture of drivers license and it can’t be a picture it’s easier to contact you rep on the phone and just email the picture of the ID to them it was Easier to do that. Once that’s done it’s easy and wiring Tesla money via checking account was simple!! Also upload insurance with VIN in Tesla that was easy

but man it hit you fast they ask for a crazy amount of stuff like stupid fast than car came a day early they drive it to you just FYI it’s hot like on a truck or anything.

also don’t hesitate to ask the person who drops it off to teach you about it even if they act like there in a rush which they are since they have an Uber or Lyft to take them back to where they came from but hey you spent 100k make them explain the car to you I knew nothing about a Tesla or ever even sat in a model s till mine arrived.

the SDF is such a bad ass idea it works kinda half ass in my opinion but I think once you buy it the updates get better I think. Also you have to drive the car for about 2 full days for the cameras to calibrate so summons and self driving will work you will see it say in the computer system calibrating for self driving and summons mode.

summons mode is pretty bad ass but try it and get use to it in an open parking lot so you know how it works cause I did it at a busy parking lot and trust me it was kind of a *sugar* show abs trust me people are like what F is going on but it’s bad ass. Enjoy
You made a solid purchase my friend

Said March than said April than nothing. Than we all know it came out in June than deleivery said July and nothing than august than back to nothing than showed nothing. Than out of no where I mean no where got an email in the middle of the night didn’t check my email and at 8am cst or Texas time lol guy calls me and say hey your VIN number is in please get your Insurance stuff than looked up Alliant finically people on the Tesla website asked for my life story via paperwork and paperwork uploads. You have to pay 5 bucks to become some stupid member and had to get insurance on the car which was hell of expensive to be real like stupid expensive for instance my insurance on my accord was 130 bucks a monthe new model s LR was $384 a month also I got FSD on my car. You have to get your insurance company to put the financial company which is alliante credit union as a lean holder on the insurance thing I guess and up load that SS card picture of drivers license and it can’t be a picture it’s easier to contact you rep on the phone and just email the picture of the ID to them it was Easier to do that. Once that’s done it’s easy and wiring Tesla money via checking account was simple!! Also upload insurance with VIN in Tesla that was easy

but man it hit you fast they ask for a crazy amount of stuff like stupid fast than car came a day early they drive it to you just FYI it’s hot like on a truck or anything.

also don’t hesitate to ask the person who drops it off to teach you about it even if they act like there in a rush which they are since they have an Uber or Lyft to take them back to where they came from but hey you spent 100k make them explain the car to you I knew nothing about a Tesla or ever even sat in a model s till mine arrived.

the SDF is such a bad ass idea it works kinda half ass in my opinion but I think once you buy it the updates get better I think. Also you have to drive the car for about 2 full days for the cameras to calibrate so summons and self driving will work you will see it say in the computer system calibrating for self driving and summons mode.

summons mode is pretty bad ass but try it and get use to it in an open parking lot so you know how it works cause I did it at a busy parking lot and trust me it was kind of a *sugar* show abs trust me people are like what F is going on but it’s bad ass. Enjoy
Also mine came June 29th with a deleivery setup date for June 30th so took almost 5 months.
but they move the deleivery date on your account like crazy and it disappears a lot I mean a lot

Wow this is hard to follow but looks like you have a delivery appt set. Congrats!

Edit: oh you have it already! Lol. I saw your next post. Hope you're enjoying it!

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja