Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the group here about a protective ceramic paint coating. I have a protective paint coating, OptiCoat, on my current model S. A few weeks ago I had an unfortunate encounter with a deer which damaged my hood. The hood is being replaced and repainted and I’m picking it up this Friday. I was told not to put a protective ceramic coating on it for 90 days to allow the paint to properly cure. That got me thinking. When I get my new model S delivered should I wait 90 days to put a ceramic coating on that?

Question for the group here about a protective ceramic paint coating. I have a protective paint coating, OptiCoat, on my current model S. A few weeks ago I had an unfortunate encounter with a deer which damaged my hood. The hood is being replaced and repainted and I’m picking it up this Friday. I was told not to put a protective ceramic coating on it for 90 days to allow the paint to properly cure. That got me thinking. When I get my new model S delivered should I wait 90 days to put a ceramic coating on that?
Unless your car is coming from the Island of Misfit Toys lot, I would wait. You should be able to verify it’s production date, and once you have the production date at the very least ask the installer if it’s safe to coat it on delivery knowing that information.

Paint usually has to cure aftermarket much differently than from the factory. You should be able to put Opticoat on a brand new car the first day you receive it

Paint usually has to cure aftermarket much differently than from the factory. You should be able to put Opticoat on a brand new car the first day you receive it
Thanks. I reached out to the detailer who does it in town to confirm, and he said the same thing. Says that 90% of the Teslas he coats come directly from the delivery appointment to his shop.

Uploaded this on other thread as well. Captured this from yesterday's flyover

All model S' are on hold and assuming no one will get VIN until the hold ends.

Many red colors there btw. I like it.

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 1.42.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 1.43.25 PM.png

Delivery centers have no idea. The factory requested to hold the final delivery even though the car has arrived at the delivery center. Some says it should be software problem but who knows.

Here's the thread for the hold.Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021
Someone in the main delivery thread said his service center mentioned an issue with the "power port" (assuming he meant "charge port").

I uploaded my current insurance card yesterday and it hasn’t made a difference yet, but YMMV.
Where in NJ are you? I was by the Princeton location today and saw the following cars:
White on Cream LR w/21s
Blue on Cream LR w/21s
White on Black LR w/21s
MSM on black LR w/21s

Plaids would say PLAID on the back, correct? I didn't see anything on the back except Model S

Where in NJ are you? I was by the Princeton location today and saw the following cars:
White on Cream LR w/21s
Blue on Cream LR w/21s
White on Black LR w/21s
MSM on black LR w/21s

Plaids would say PLAID on the back, correct? I didn't see anything on the back except Model S
They're putting Model S badges on the trunk lid again??