Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your thinking is wise for many; I'm now retired, in Fl. and have no need for any tires other than the Michelin's on the 21's. Being old & LAZY, it's just easy to justify the $4,500- for the factory 21's rather than the hassle for a lazy old guy that I am to save a little by going aftermarket. Not saying my decision is wise for many, but for me, I can justify it. Cheers...
Makes sense to me brother. Here’s to hoping you are riding on 21s sooner than later….

Just took delivery of Model S LR. Black/Black/21s. No FSD. Ordered early May. RN1149. There were probably 6-7 MSLR on the lot. Apparently <25 have been delivered in GA so far.

This is my first Tesla. Car is amazing. Faster than I expected. Easier to 1-pedal drive than I expected. Yoke is different but on the balance a net improvement.

One bad thing I don't think others have noted much is that rear visibility and side mirrors are surprisingly poor.

Good thing: I think the front windshield is UV protected and sides are somewhat tinted/protected. I'm going to see how I like it before I try to tint it. I used to tint dark but now I dont really like that look as much.

I'm going to try to live with trickle charging at home :-/

Hope you all get your cars soon. I have lurked here for months...
Not that we needed it, but here’s another example of 19” being kiss of death, right @boonedocks ? Congratulations, I hope that you enjoy! 😀

Reactions: Drew-MS
Do any of my fellow Texans still think you’ll get your MS in August?
I honestly would be surprised if it took longer than early Sep for me to get my early July order. People underestimate end of quarter push. I saw multiple Plaids at The Domain when I went about a month ago. I know a dude that works there and he was nice enough to text me saying to come by and look at it before it was delivered.

Reactions: cwanja
I honestly would be surprised if it took longer than early Sep for me to get my early July order. People underestimate end of quarter push. I saw multiple Plaids at The Domain when I went about a month ago. I know a dude that works there and he was nice enough to text me saying to come by and look at it before it was delivered.
Hope you are right, with my early June order. I have a sliver of hope. But it could fade away come August is things slow down.

Yeah just saw that too. Holly crap! I'm calling my Tesla delivery center tomorrow to see if I'm still good for October or if I should expect mine next year. My account says October still

Keep us posted! Mine is blank, so it is anyones guess.

I’m a mid June order that was holding strong with an October EDD for the longest and just went blank about a week or so ago. I’d assume if it was Feb-March, it would state it but who knows. Ugh. Calling my SA tomorrow to see as well. Shoot me a reply when you all know more. The plot thickens!

I’m a mid June order that was holding strong with an October EDD for the longest and just went blank about a week or so ago. I’d assume if it was Feb-March, it would state it but who knows. Ugh. Calling my SA tomorrow to see as well. Shoot me a reply when you all know more. The plot thickens!
I am pretty confident most of us are going to get the canned response of “we will know more when a VIN is assigned” or just give you the date off the designer. Whether the latter is accurate or not Is to be determined.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Just took delivery of Model S LR. Black/Black/21s. No FSD. Ordered early May. RN1149. There were probably 6-7 MSLR on the lot. Apparently <25 have been delivered in GA so far.

This is my first Tesla. Car is amazing. Faster than I expected. Easier to 1-pedal drive than I expected. Yoke is different but on the balance a net improvement.

One bad thing I don't think others have noted much is that rear visibility and side mirrors are surprisingly poor.

Good thing: I think the front windshield is UV protected and sides are somewhat tinted/protected. I'm going to see how I like it before I try to tint it. I used to tint dark but now I dont really like that look as much.

I'm going to try to live with trickle charging at home :-/

Hope you all get your cars soon. I have lurked here for months...
What in the actual F. Congrats. But wtf.

I REALLY hope this isn’t what’s under the aerocaps (even with a darker color):

Someone on Twitter claims to have seen this at a SuC today near Oakland. Appears to be a Tesla employee in a test mule.
Supposedly they had 3 aero caps on the other wheels, but they were the original lighter gray: View attachment 688906
The Tempest Wheels look okay, however, the new Zero-G wheels look stunning. ;)
Tesla Parts Catalog reveals Zero-G wheel package coming soon to Model S Plaid

1627440623172.png
1627440634261.png

"If either the stock 19″ Tempest wheels or upgraded 21″ Arachnid wheels on the new Model S aren’t your style, it looks like you will soon have another official option from Tesla. According to the official Parts Catalog, the automaker will soon be selling staggered 20″ Zero-G wheels for the electric sedan. The new wheels were discovered by Zack (@BLKMDL3), who noted the massive 285/305 tires that come along with new wheels."

Looks like I found the unannounced track pack for Model S Plaid in the public parts catalog…. it is some wide Zero G wheels with 285 front/305 wide rear tires! I assume tires will be Michelin Cup2. Wheels are 20×10 in front and 20×11 in rear. This is gonna be nuts! @Tesla pic.twitter.com/2UzG7q4twS
— Zack (@BLKMDL3)
June 15, 2021

Last edited: