Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im about to hit the 8 month mark...i know the EDD means nothing but wondering what will happen to my current July edd once Aug comes around lol..will it go blank again??

I have to say this is the worse buying experience i have ever had. At least with a dealership you know what to expect.
I have the same exact make and same order date as you. Also with July date. Spoke with Tesla who told me to expect the car in September. When they checked on my car I was told it is in build stage which is better then most. Tesla stated most cars they check do not state build stage whatever that means. I guess I am hoping for end of august at this point

Understood, kind of. I'm a very ancient septuagenarian type. Can't think that fast or hard. I was interested in tecnogenius' toy and willing to learn. Personally, I'm not interested in any other alternatives. Additionally, I might just be pushing up daisies before I ever take delivery of this MS. I can easily afford Plaid, but have no need and hence, cannot justify the rocket. My last drag race was my '64 GTO with tri-power. INDEED, I am ANCIENT..
If you are “pushing up daises” before you take delivery, I’ll take your order. It’ll come before my LR. 😀

I have the same exact make and same order date as you. Also with July date. Spoke with Tesla who told me to expect the car in September. When they checked on my car I was told it is in build stage which is better then most. Tesla stated most cars they check do not state build stage whatever that means. I guess I am hoping for end of august at this point
Yeah i wish there was a definition table for their phases and if they can actually be trusted

So now that I have a VIN, I decided to shop my current 2021 MSLR around to a few of the online car buying companies. I knew the used car market is crazy, but I never expected this. One of the offers I received was $14k more THAN I PAID FOR IT back in December. I was planning on posting her for sale to help out a member looking for a car, but if they are offering that high, I feel like I would be cruel selling at the actual market price at the moment.

Same here, but if you want delivery in Dec, you should at least have a VIN in November. That's until when I'll wait for my 2 orders. I don't know what else to consider though. I have a Model 3 reservation which I've put on hold after I got a VIN, but I really don't like the M3 as much as MS of course. What alternatives do people consider in terms of EV/Hybrid? BMW 530e, Ioniq 5, E-tron sportback/GT, Mach-E? I really want the MS this year but I'm not very optimistic after seeing how previous orders have been treated.
Work just announced a delay in return to the office. Easing a bit of pressure on needing the car. if I knew for sure, it would arrive this year I’d be ok with a rental, but if not until the spring…. Uggh

Just in case someone here might be interested.

My SA called. There's a blk/blk/21 plaid at my SC. Financing fell through for person. They are going to unmatch, but I asked for a little time to see if I can help. I'm not interested in the plaid. Any takers? Send PM. Serious only please.

Attachments

• E34BF6C2-2120-49DE-B1C3-8CF769824A77.jpeg
    E34BF6C2-2120-49DE-B1C3-8CF769824A77.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Psycho Bunny
I will almost certainly switch to the plaid if I’m already waiting 6 months more. I had a order date of June 28th and estimated delivery date August-September. Now it’s blank. Sheeeesh if I’m expecting that to arrive feb-March I’ll just switch the plaid and cough up the $50,000 extra :(
I ordered Feb and I was told September in June. Cant go by those dates obviously. I am now told October. Realistically your probably looking at December earliest.