Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I agree. I've seen MX plaid order estimates being advanced to September for at least 1 person, which means they're ramping up MX production line. And even though SAs might say the Feb/Mar is for new orders only, there's no way they'll be able to fulfill ALL orders made right before they changed the estimates to Feb/Mar. They'll definitely prioritize delivering earlier orders (hopefully) but if you're like me, who ordered in the last 1 month, there's a good chance you won't get the car until next year.
For me personally, my self determined BINGO date is 12/31/2021. If no Tesla delivery by then, no hard feelings on my side - I've given the techogenius bunches of time, I have a wonderful daily driver + a neat toy for weekend driving enjoyment! Either way; no worries...

For me personally, my self determined BINGO date is 12/31/2021. If no Tesla delivery by then, no hard feelings on my side - I've given the techogenius bunches of time, I have a wonderful daily driver + a neat toy for weekend driving enjoyment! Either way; no worries...
Same here, but if you want delivery in Dec, you should at least have a VIN in November. That's until when I'll wait for my 2 orders. I don't know what else to consider though. I have a Model 3 reservation which I've put on hold after I got a VIN, but I really don't like the M3 as much as MS of course. What alternatives do people consider in terms of EV/Hybrid? BMW 530e, Ioniq 5, E-tron sportback/GT, Mach-E? I really want the MS this year but I'm not very optimistic after seeing how previous orders have been treated.

Same here, but if you want delivery in Dec, you should at least have a VIN in November. That's until when I'll wait for my 2 orders. I don't know what else to consider though. I have a Model 3 reservation which I've put on hold after I got a VIN, but I really don't like the M3 as much as MS of course. What alternatives do people consider in terms of EV/Hybrid? BMW 530e, Ioniq 5, E-tron sportback/GT, Mach-E? I really want the MS this year but I'm not very optimistic after seeing how previous orders have been treated.
To be honest there is no real competition in EVs which is why Tesla is able to act like this and get away with it.

Is anyone else concerned that a new Plaid order has a Sept-Oct delivery estimate, regardless of configuration (including the unicorn 19” wheels) while all LR orders show Feb-March? Seems like they are planning something, possibly to start up MX production between those dates, so those of us that don’t get cars by end of Q3 are probably looking at another six month wait.
I thought MX was produced on a different line from MS. If that is the case, then MX production should have little effect on MS. I assume all MS (Plaid + LR) are on the same line, probably in batches. Wasn't their goal to achieve 1000/wk by Q4?

Understood, kind of. I'm a very ancient septuagenarian type. Can't think that fast or hard. I was interested in tecnogenius' toy and willing to learn. Personally, I'm not interested in any other alternatives. Additionally, I might just be pushing up daisies before I ever take delivery of this MS. I can easily afford Plaid, but have no need and hence, cannot justify the rocket. My last drag race was my '64 GTO with tri-power. INDEED, I am ANCIENT..

The one I was very interested in was the new BMW i4 coming from a 540. I used to think BMW customer service was crap until joining this team and they even tried to extend my 540 lease to bridge into an i4. I am committed to the MSLR however the i4 may actually show up sooner if things keep going this way. They are not comparable and I put the i4 somewhere in between the MSLR and the M3.

• Informative
Reactions: Jet007
Is anyone else concerned that a new Plaid order has a Sept-Oct delivery estimate, regardless of configuration (including the unicorn 19” wheels) while all LR orders show Feb-March? Seems like they are planning something, possibly to start up MX production between those dates, so those of us that don’t get cars by end of Q3 are probably looking at another six month wait.
I will almost certainly switch to the plaid if I’m already waiting 6 months more. I had a order date of June 28th and estimated delivery date August-September. Now it’s blank. Sheeeesh if I’m expecting that to arrive feb-March I’ll just switch the plaid and cough up the $50,000 extra :(

I thought MX was produced on a different line from MS. If that is the case, then MX production should have little effect on MS. I assume all MS (Plaid + LR) are on the same line, probably in batches. Wasn't their goal to achieve 1000/wk by Q4?

Same production line. You'll see a mix of S's and X's come down the same line in batches.

That is almost certainly the case given how they have managed production so far. The only hope is that there aren’t too many 19” Plaid orders, which could very well be the case. If they are up to 2,000 cars a week by the time those 19s arrive in quantity, shouldn’t take more than a couple of weeks to get rid of the Plaid backlog.

The bigger worry is will they start filling $85k LRs before $80k ones, let alone the people that get an additional $2k off for pre-refresh orders. You would think they couldn’t possibly do that, but then they’ve already proven capable of some pretty bad treatment of customers.
I am so certain of this. It’s like they are pushing us to get us to try and reconfigure and lost the discount and $5K out of Fomo

• Disagree
Reactions: foos and Danlbrau
Im about to hit the 8 month mark...i know the EDD means nothing but wondering what will happen to my current July edd once Aug comes around lol..will it go blank again??

I have to say this is the worse buying experience i have ever had. At least with a dealership you know what to expect.
I hope you get delivery soon!!

I'm absolutely shocked that anyone could remain in business with the demonstrated corporate culture. The product must be simply amazing for us all to continue to try to throw money their way. I really don't think any of us are asking too much - communicate, be honest and I believe most all would be happy campers...

I have to say this is the worse buying experience i have ever had. At least with a dealership you know what to expect.
Agreed. Though I’ve already ordered from Tesla before when the M3 was first announced so I knew about the countless delays this company experiences but had a pretty good customer service the first time around. This time, not so much

I hope you get delivery soon!!

I'm absolutely shocked that anyone could remain in business with the demonstrated corporate culture. The product must be simply amazing for us all to continue to try to throw money their way. I really don't think any of us are asking too much - communicate, be honest and I believe most all would be happy campers...
P.S. in retrospect, I'm likely part of the problem in the sense that with an experience this shockingly poor, I should have pulled the plug many months ago. By continuing to hang in, I guess I'm telling Mr. Techonogenius his behavior is perfectly acceptable...

Agreed. Though I’ve already ordered from Tesla before when the M3 was first announced so I knew about the countless delays this company experiences but had a pretty good customer service the first time around. This time, not so much
Yeah this is my first tesla/ev purchase...definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth