Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I've received February/March, March, July, and August so far as my official estimates. Those have all been outrageously inaccurate. Tesla routinely provides extremely inaccurate estimates, where the truth ends up detrimental to the customer. (See Tesla's awful treatment of its solar roof customers, for which there is now a pending class-action lawsuit. Or see Tesla's representation that "full self driving" will be available later this year. LOL!) Intentional or unintentional, I'm not sure it matters, because it is reckless. I would be foolish to think that anything that Tesla posts to my account now will be accurate. If Tesla posts November, I will assume the truth is more like summer 2022.
Yet here you are...

Given the crunch on used cars, your best bet would be to buy out the lease if you can.
That's long passed, had I known the wait would of been this long I for sure would've done that but I returned it mid Fed. and have been renting Nissan Rouge since then. I could've bought this Rouge by now considering how much I spent on the rental.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
They have been in that lot since May. And yet they have been manufacturing S's since May as well. If they were to "move" those cars and fix it, you think it would happen already. I am pretty convinced those are going to fleet / test vehicles. If they ever move.
I do know for a fact that they have had difficulty getting enough car haulers from JB Hunt to ship the cars and that's probably why they are pilling up at the factory.

WOW, I heard short life, but never knew it was under 20K miles. That's awful.
Ha! 20K miles if you are LUCKY

They tend to wear out well before that or get blown out by potholes
My AMG that I returned back in Feb, I was lucky to get 5-7k miles on the back tires on 6-8k on the front. I always ran past useful tread life on the back to let the front catch up so I could just replace all 4 at the same time.

Logging in to Tesla app:

Thx to all for your help - point of interest, cleared cache in Chrome - no joy, same with Google, no joy, deleted app, reinstalled, no joy, logged out then in, no joy, restarted Note 20, no joy, logged back into app - FINALLY after numerous additional attempts, SUCCESS!!

Wish I knew jusy why, but finally got back in and saw that rather familiar BLANK

Thx to all!!

Reactions: msf804
FWIW, just stopped by the Tesla showroom and talked to my SA. He pulled up a screen that had a more "accurate" delivery estimate (whatever that means) and he told me expect Nov-Dec. I ordered 4/1/2021, white over black and 19s. My EDD has been August for a while and then went blank this week.

Also, they had a white Plaid with 19s on the lot and it looked great (pic attached). I was able to sit in it and the fit an finish is way nicer than my 2018 75D. The wait is going to suck, but going to be sooo worth it.
PXL_20210806_200952831.jpg

I do know for a fact that they have had difficulty getting enough car haulers from JB Hunt to ship the cars and that's probably why they are pilling up at the factory.
The parking lot of finished cars does not appear to have changed in at least a couple of months, so it would seem as though there is a problem with those cars unrelated to transport availability.