Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somewhat off topic but I am sure someone here knows:

I got approved for financing in July but most likely won't get by car until September or October. Is there anything I have to do to lock this loan in or will it just sit there waiting for me on my delivery page? Financing is through Well's Fargo but I used Tesla's tool to apply.

I am unbelievably excited for my LR and miss my 3P more and more every day. Definitely don't want any hiccups between me and this car.

Reactions: jebinc

I got approved for financing in July but most likely won't get by car until September or October. Is there anything I have to do to lock this loan in or will it just sit there waiting for me on my delivery page? Financing is through Well's Fargo but I used Tesla's tool to apply.

I am unbelievably excited for my LR and miss my 3P more and more every day. Definitely don't want any hiccups between me and this car.
You will likely have to reapply or at least have your credit checked again. The loan APR will expire and you will get whatever rate is out there at the time. Typically approvals are only good for 30 days with a 30 day extension. Regardless of Tesla delivery timeline.

I am very angry at myself for considering that Mr. Musk et al finally decided enough is enough and with this new system, we might have honesty and FACTUAL information. This entire debacle is actually worse now. Am I the only one that feels this way? I've been tempted to just cx and move on!??!
For me, the date update has been good/true so far. I got a 14 day range, the range narrowed each day for a week, then I got a VIN. And since VIN was issued yesterday, my estimated delivery range has narrowed even further. I realize this is not everyone’s experience.

Reactions: foos

You’re going to have to reapply. Rates are typically good for 30 days max. And yes, it’s going to ding your credit again.

Yet another instance of real-world impact due to Tesla’s horrible communication.

Reactions: boskog and cwanja
Also Indy and have had a VIN since 7/20. My dates are 8/15-8/18 so I’m driving over to the SC in the morning to see if my car is in lot

Picked mine up today from Indy. Everything was mostly smooth. A few minor issues. Squeaky handle, few areas of residual adhesive, some trim pieces needed to be realigned. Otherwise, car is amazing.

I spoke to my sales advisor about this. He said they would just reroll for another 60 day without a hit to your credit. This is as long as you financed with them.

Today was delivery day. I will say, its a nice car like everyone said. This is my 4th Model S, and each one keeps getting better. As always, there are some issues that will need to be corrected, but no show stoppers. The most annoying one is the programming of Homelink won’t work. The car won’t even let the process start. Maybe I need the new software update. Anyway, here are some pics from today. I am waiting to get my 2021 pre refresh MSLR+ picked up, so I figured I would take some side by side photos as well. The refresh is certainly wider.

View attachment 696586View attachment 696587View attachment 696588View attachment 696589View attachment 696590View attachment 696591View attachment 696592View attachment 696593View attachment 696594View attachment 696595
Enjoy! Beautiful car!

Congrats!! Marc and a few others posted great inspection lists, check them out. I'd love to hear your ppf n tint thoughts, approximate prices, etc. if you'd be kind enough to share & thx.

Posted a lot of PPF & tint info in this thread if interested:

Couple questions.
Just got a VIN, and asking for final payment.

Questions:
1) The EDD now shows February, but earlier today was Aug 26-Sep 3. Why would it show Feb?

2) Since I ordered early Jan, I'm supposed to get 2,000$ off, but that isn't showing on final invoice. Who and how do I contact someone at Tesla for the fix?
Thanks for your help.
For me, the $2,000 off was reflected as a “referral credit” and it showed up on my invoice 3 days prior to delivery. Make sure with your SA that an “exception case” has been filed in the notes of your account for the fact it is a prerefresh order.

Reactions: GrnSqrl and GaryTX

In my case, I applied in Feb and my loan just sat in my account saying approved. I figured i would have to reapply, but Tesla assured me I was still good. About a week prior to delivery they looked and said my approval was old, and my account should have flagged for Renewal. Well mine didn’t. So they had to do another credit inquiry (said it was a SOFT look) and get reapproval. My interest rate went down .05%. But you most likely will have to redo your credit app if the current one expires.

Reactions: Issaction