Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
couple of things i found interesting today:
1) i checked my order status when i wake up - it's a ritual! was same as yesterday at about 7 a.m. eastern - but at office just now (9:15 or so eastern) it updated - so maybe Tesla runs the updates 6 a.m. california time? though I think some folks said they've seen updates throughout the day.
2) my date shifted a little, from around December 20 and then 19 to now Estimated Delivery: December 14 - January 03
3) that leads me to believe a shipment is expected for either the 19s, white interior, etc. for say, mid november. Back out 2 weeks for shipping so build "targeted" to be completed say, November 30. Therefore, there may be shipments expected earlier and/batch production
4) i think i read tesla doesn't build to order, but rather builds in batches. I previously ran the numbers, and for the LRs i think there are 30 permutations not counting FSD.
5) after seeing my buddy's car, and riding in it, i really enjoyed it - i will say at speed it felt like any other car. so, i'm more mellow now - i got to touch it, play with it (was offered to drive, i declined but i did hold the yoke) and i keep seeing minor improvements and bug fixes - so i'm more inclined to wait (patiently) for this thing to be hopefully built properly, no EOQ rush nonsense (I hope) and just get a solid vehicle, ideally a 2022

1) i checked my order status when i wake up - it's a ritual! was same as yesterday at about 7 a.m. eastern - but at office just now (9:15 or so eastern) it updated - so maybe Tesla runs the updates 6 a.m. california time? though I think some folks said they've seen updates throughout the day.
2) my date shifted a little, from around December 20 and then 19 to now Estimated Delivery: December 14 - January 03
3) that leads me to believe a shipment is expected for either the 19s, white interior, etc. for say, mid november. Back out 2 weeks for shipping so build "targeted" to be completed say, November 30. Therefore, there may be shipments expected earlier and/batch production
4) i think i read tesla doesn't build to order, but rather builds in batches. I previously ran the numbers, and for the LRs i think there are 30 permutations not counting FSD.
5) after seeing my buddy's car, and riding in it, i really enjoyed it - i will say at speed it felt like any other car. so, i'm more mellow now - i got to touch it, play with it (was offered to drive, i declined but i did hold the yoke) and i keep seeing minor improvements and bug fixes - so i'm more inclined to wait (patiently) for this thing to be hopefully built properly, no EOQ rush nonsense (I hope) and just get a solid vehicle, ideally a 2022
Nice post sir!!

Mine usually updates ~8:00am EST

Little update :eek:

I checked on my phone this morning around 8am est and my 1154 order was still showing a Nov 24-Dec 14 Date

Checked again out of curiosity 5 mins ago and now its at Sept 01-10!?

Order Date 8/12 RN 1154 - LR Blue/Black 21's NOFSD

Really hoping these dates stick
Wait, you ordered in August and your EDD is in September? NO WAY THAT IS HAPPENING...