Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To remove if, there is NOT a button. You would have to edit your design to remove it, which incures the price change and data push back potentially.
That is just not true. Taken from my order page moments ago.

Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 7.27.38 PM.png

No, there is only a button to ADD it if you didn't when you ordered. Doing that adds it and does not increase price.

To remove if, there is NOT a button. You would have to edit your design to remove it, which incures the price change and data push back potentially.

They really get you once you add FSD - lock you in to it, if they've raised prices...
1629160230209.png

That is incorrect. There is definitely a remove button, I believe the posters are just asking if this will incur the $10k price increase.

When you press the button you get a screen with a checkbox that you uncheck. Then you get a confirmation checkbox that you have to check which is you agreeing that if you remove it you can’t make any more changes to your order. Then you hit the blue button below and it emails you a new order agreement. As of a few weeks ago the remove button did not affect price otherwise.

@travwill you got a few orders.
I removed it on one a while back but had to go into the edit design mode to do it, and it reflected same delivery, same pricing back then - before the increases took place though. Now that order has no button to add it back and doesn't even mention FSD on order page. I'd be hesitant to remove it now as you would have to enter design mode again and those new dates and higher prices appear, and you have to confirm design with that higher pricing - so I'd say you can't do it yourself, but maybe an SA can (if you trust an SA as they seem they can't do much more around orders).

The other two orders I didn't add it - doesn't quite seem worth 10K right now with the higher prices as well. If I cancel one in the near future, I will add it then cancel - but that might be a while. Still hoping on my white/white jumping forward, or one of the orders moving a good deal forward before the other one with a VIN and more exact date before that happens.

View attachment 697435

That is incorrect. There is definitely a remove button, I believe the posters are just asking if this will incur the $10k price increase.
Ah cool, yeah mine just doesn't have that section at all for Autopilot or remove full self-driving. No add option either - so once you add it, you probably have to add it back through an SA or after the fact.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 8.48.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 8.48.09 PM.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: foos and cwanja
I removed it on one a while back but had to go into the edit design mode to do it, and it reflected same delivery, same pricing back then - before the increases took place though. Now that order has no button to add it back and doesn't even mention FSD on order page. I'd be hesitant to remove it now as you would have to enter design mode again and those new dates and higher prices appear, and you have to confirm design with that higher pricing - so I'd say you can't do it yourself, but maybe an SA can (if you trust an SA as they seem they can't do much more around orders).

The other two orders I didn't add it - doesn't quite seem worth 10K right now with the higher prices as well. If I cancel one in the near future, I will add it then cancel - but that might be a while. Still hoping on my white/white jumping forward, or one of the orders moving a good deal forward before the other one with a VIN and more exact date before that happens.
I believe if you add or remove it after initial reservation you don't have the button after that. It says you're not allowed to make any other changes after you add or remove via the website and then have to go via your SA to do so.

Reactions: Bloomj and cwanja
BTW, for those of us who have been struggling with Tesla's website, I just found that Chrome works really well. Using my Mac, Firefox (my main browser) has been entirely useless and unable to access my account at all, and Safari has given my recurring loops and getting stuck when trying to open my order. I just tried Chrome and it was the first smooth experience I have had with Tesla.

Reactions: planetary