Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1144; that would be me & lots of others. THANK YOU!! P.S. Nice Cherokee...
Arrow!! But yes, close enough haha

"Earlier" is probably a bad word choice. Sequenced is closer to what I am after. Assuming all the materials are in, they should move back to being as close to sequential orders (by RN) as they can - baring logistic challenges.
Fair fair. I may have overreacted a touch, some folks with really late orders have been reaching just a bit

In the last 24 hours I have thought about cancelling my order more than I have in the entire 9 month wait. This policy of absolutely 0 **sugars** given about the customer who has already spent a cool $100k on a car is just unacceptable. The entire process of buying the car has been **sugar** show. And even now the process of getting any information is like trying to pull teeth from a toothless person. I know I'm going to love the car and it's the most advanced car by leaps and bounds of anything else out there but thought of giving my hard earned money to a company that treats is customer like dog **sugar** is really got me questioning if this were I should be spending this amount of money at.... How am I going to feel a week after I gotten the car, I know most of you say the you'll love and car and forget about the rest but I don't know, things like this (at least for me) tend to make me even more annoyed as time passes. I do like the idea of the car, I also like what it stands for and I like the change the car signifies but this company is a decade old, it needs to grow up and start acting like a real company and not the corner shop at flee market which isn't there most of the time....

In the last 24 hours I have thought about cancelling my order more than I have in the entire 9 month wait. This policy of absolutely 0 **sugars** given about the customer who has already spent a cool $100k on a car is just unacceptable. The entire process of buying the car has been **sugar** show. And even now the process of getting any information is like trying to pull teeth from a toothless person. I know I'm going to love the car and it's the most advanced car by leaps and bounds of anything else out there but thought of giving my hard earned money to a company that treats is customer like dog **sugar** is really got me questioning if this were I should be spending this amount of money at.... How am I going to feel a week after I gotten the car, I know most of you say the you'll love and car and forget about the rest but I don't know, things like this (at least for me) tend to make me even more annoyed as time passes. I do like the idea of the car, I also like what it stands for and I like the change the car signifies but this company is a decade old, it needs to grow up and start acting like a real company and not the corner shop at flee market which isn't there most of the time....
Completely AGREE with everything you eloquently stated; saddest thought however is expect ZERO changes...

Reactions: t00taloo and Cyb_
Completely AGREE with everything you eloquently stated; saddest thought however is expect ZERO changes...
Well if thats the case Tesla will just be a paragraph in the history books and a case study on how not to do customer service in business school because they won't be the only player a decade from now.

Well if thats the case Tesla will just be a paragraph in the history books and a case study on how not to do customer service in business school because they won't be the only player a decade from now.
One would think that with all it's successes it would for sure take the high road and teach the world that it cherishes honesty, integrity, loyalty yada yada.

From all my dealings with Amazon as well as every friend, neighbor et al, they ALWAYS make things right. They treat all customers as family. Just my personal opinion...

Refresh 2021 Tesla Model S Long Range - White/Black, 19" wheels with FSD - Order date 5/28/21 (RN1150XXXXX) - Original EDD was October 2021 - Current EDD is 12/7/21 – 12/27/21 - Tampa, FL I need mine to change to October as my current lease runs out. :)
These EDD's make no sense. I ordered on 5/18, 10days earlier than you, with the same configuration as yours, except no FSD. RN is 11497xxxx. My EDD has been steady at 9/22 to 9/30.

I live close to Fremont. The EOQ push is the only explanation, since the car could be made very close to EOQ for the delivery to happen.

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
Best update I could get after an hour of calling around. Car is in the state of Illinois at an undisclosed location, when it's going to move from said undisclosed location to a dealership is unknown. When delivery will take place unknown, could be as soon as tomorrow or could be after weekend, no one knows. Great update there, really lets me make any necessary arraignments and plan my weekend out. So my guess is it's a rail yard waiting a truck to move it to a dealership for inspection and detail..... But in Tesla speak it's an undisclosed location waiting to be magically moved.

• Informative
Reactions: UnicornHunter
One would think that with all it's successes it would for sure take the high road and teach the world that it cherishes honesty, integrity, loyalty yada yada.

From all my dealings with Amazon as well as every friend, neighbor et al, they ALWAYS make things right. They treat all customers as family. Just my personal opinion...
Just don't want to work for Amazon, because they treat employees and contractors about as well as Tesla their customers and this I know from 1st hand experience.
Though I did like how one of the Tesla people explained the inspection, "we want to make sure the car wasn't damaged in delivery", in the logistics business it's called "lay eyes on it" to make sure it wasn't split in two by a railcar and hopefully no doors where ripped of in loading and unloading it.

Reactions: feixingyuan
Best update I could get after an hour of calling around. Car is in the state of Illinois at an undisclosed location, when it's going to move from said undisclosed location to a dealership is unknown. When delivery will take place unknown, could be as soon as tomorrow or could be after weekend, no one knows. Great update there, really lets me make any necessary arraignments and plan my weekend out. So my guess is it's a rail yard waiting a truck to move it to a dealership for inspection and detail..... But in Tesla speak it's an undisclosed location waiting to be magically moved.
Sadly, NOT shocking; everything I expected at Tesla World!

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
Refresh 2021 Tesla Model S Long Range - White/Black, 19" wheels with FSD - Order date 5/28/21 (RN1150XXXXX) - Original EDD was October 2021 - Current EDD is 12/7/21 – 12/27/21 - Tampa, FL I need mine to change to October as my current lease runs out. :)
Almost same config as yours but no FSD. 1148 but my EDD almost 2months ealier than yours. No VIN yet.

EUREKA!! FIGURED IT OUT! TESLA USES RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR TO DECIDE EDD!!

• Funny
Reactions: DG Tiger and MEL-22
This morning EDD moved to December 06 - December 26 from October 28 - November 07. I hope it moves back where it was. Order date 07/15 MSLR 19’ Midnight Silver/Black.

Selfishly, I am hoping all of you with later orders are getting bumped to make room for the earlier, white interior orders that supposedly they are getting materials in for. Sorry, but also not sorry.

Same Sentiment.... Mine is not even White interior constrained but seeing a lot of folks who ordered months after me getting VIN while mine stays closer to late Nov. Happy for y'all... But not too happy myself till I get my VIN.... 🤪

Almost same config as yours but no FSD. 1148 but my EDD almost 2months ealier than yours. No VIN yet.

EUREKA!! FIGURED IT OUT! TESLA USES RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR TO DECIDE EDD!!
You are in San Jose - literally minutes away from Fremont. So I would not expect a VIN until a few days before or even same day as your range. And even expect your range to tighten up closer to 9/30 for EoQ.

Reactions: Danlbrau
Let's start a club/brotherhood. We can do the spit in our hands and shake on it or the cut our palms and shake on it thing.

I vow this is my last tesla, (selling my 2019 M3 LR for this refers) I vow to never to go ICE and never suffer through the Tesla experience.

Honestly if the charging network was better, no way I'd go tesla. Kia, Hyundai, Mach-e, etc. So many choices now or in the next 6 months. Lucid seems awesome but another 1 yr wait. Who needs 2s 0 to 60 anyway.

Yes I was saying his date shouldn't be so far behind mine, 1150 vs 1148.

As others said RN seems meaningless. There was even some speculation that being further away from Fremont helps (can't see that logic) and some say it hurts. It sure seems that RN and EDD is not always consistently handled.
You are in San Jose - literally minutes away from Fremont. So I would not expect a VIN until a few days before or even same day as your range. And even expect your range to tighten up closer to 9/30 for EoQ.

Not that this helps or justifies anything, because I do expect more from all vendors, including Tesla, and especially a $100K car, but the experience I've had with my 2018 Lexus RX 450h F Sport has been less than desirable as well. From the dealership, to service, to the technology (Absolutely terrible) to the build quality and most important the lack of any interest to hear about my concerns and complaints...including potential solutions. At one point they switched all of my correspondence to a foreign language, I suspect to shut me up. My 2018 Lexus isn't what my first Lexus experience was...that's for sure... Having said that, they are on top of trying to sell me a new Lexus… I believe my best experience to date has been with the Genesis line of vehicles…