Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question sir: delivered? I'm east coast (Florida); my [current] EDD is Oct. 13 - Nov. 02. [BIG] IF, that holds and a VIN is assigned in October, but after shipping, delivery is in November, wouldn't the October assigned VIN be an "M" for 2021 although delivery is in November? Just curious (I've never been classified 'very smart'...
I am still of the opinion that it has to be manufactured in October to be a "2022" VIN. Guess we will find out in about a month when mid-October build VINs start getting issued.

Interesting. I wonder if this is accurate, or another example of a SA blowing smoke. I believe they changed in Oct in previous years. Also, it is not based on delivery, but build date. Correct?
My EDD is now end of Oct/early Nov. Given that I am not in a huge hurry, I'd rather have a 2022 build date. I know, it doesn't really matter that much
Agreed! And the answer is ?????

I realize this is speculation, and Tesla, so all bets are off, but with a typical manufacturer, there are say, 2022 models that can be delivered in August 2021, and 2021 models that can be delivered in August, 2021 - so in my mind it is the VIN versus the date that would count.
Teslas are a bit unique in that regard, in that they make incremental changes during the year, but I'd say the VIN controls all. Above I'm reading an N versus an M in the VIN which makes a lot of sense to me.
so the real question - if in 2023 you get one of the dusty 452s, is that a 2023 or a 2021 model? in my mind, it would be a 2021, delivered in 2023, and the warranty would start on date of delivery, but it would still be a 2021 based on build date/VIN.
I hope I get a 2022, and not a 2023, 2024, or 2025 at this rate...or even a 3022...

Reactions: feixingyuan
so the real question - if in 2023 you get one of the dusty 452s, is that a 2023 or a 2021 model? in my mind, it would be a 2021, delivered in 2023, and the warranty would start on date of delivery, but it would still be a 2021 based on build date/VIN.
It would have to be a 2021. Because it was manufactured in 2021. And the VIN was stamped into the car. At that point, they are probably selling it used or CPO.

I ordered in June, res 1151. LR, White exterior, black interior, 19" wheels, FSD, SF bay area. EDD has mostly been late October / early November. A few weeks ago delivery moved up to end of September, then back to October, now it is Sep 15-30.

If I remove FSD, my price stays the same, correct? I ordered prior to both price bumps
Same config ordered in may 1150 blank edd for a month. Maybe Need to get the monkey a banana.

I realize this is speculation, and Tesla, so all bets are off, but with a typical manufacturer, there are say, 2022 models that can be delivered in August 2021, and 2021 models that can be delivered in August, 2021 - so in my mind it is the VIN versus the date that would count.
Teslas are a bit unique in that regard, in that they make incremental changes during the year, but I'd say the VIN controls all. Above I'm reading an N versus an M in the VIN which makes a lot of sense to me.
I hope I get a 2022, and not a 2023, 2024, or 2025 at this rate...or even a 3022...
Interesting; makes sense!

I am still of the opinion that it has to be manufactured in October to be a "2022" VIN. Guess we will find out in about a month when mid-October build VINs start getting issued.
That’s a certainty. The model year can’t possibly be related to delivery date since it’s tied to the VIN which is created on the date of manufacture. It’s entirely possible someone could get a ‘22 delivered later this year and a month later someone get a ‘21 if the latter vehicle was manufactured prior to the changeover and just took longer to be delivered to the ultimate purchaser.

That’s a certainty. The model year can’t possibly be related to delivery date since it’s tied to the VIN which is created on the date of manufacture. It’s entirely possible someone could get a ‘22 delivered later this year and a month later someone get a ‘21 if the latter vehicle was manufactured prior to the changeover and just took longer to be delivered to the ultimate purchaser.
Seems very logical; thanks!!

Reactions: cwanja
Another gripe, that I hopes gets corrected in a future software update...

The Instrument Cluster screen does not have the ability to assign functions to the left and right portions (clock, energy, media, fan, etc.), as in pre-refresh Model S and Model X vehicles. Moreover, it does not even display media playing or phone calls! One of the nice things about the previous S/X over the 3/Y is that you could select which telephone number, hang-up, etc. with the scroll wheel, instead of having to use the touchscreen. This is a step backwards IMHO.

Also looking forward to auto-park being enabled!

Another gripe, that I hopes gets corrected in a future software update...

The Instrument Cluster screen does not have the ability to assign functions to the left and right portions (clock, energy, media, fan, etc.), as in pre-refresh Model S and Model X vehicles. Moreover, it does not even display media playing or phone calls! One of the nice things about the previous S/X over the 3/Y is that you could select which telephone number, hang-up, etc. with the scroll wheel, instead of having to use the touchscreen. This is a step backwards IMHO.

Also looking forward to auto-park being enabled!
Hopefully, that is just a software update. Makes no sense that previous model could do the above, but a refresh can and every other auto manufacture that has digital screen can.