Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m disappointed to report that just 4 days after accepting delivery of my model S (of which I waited 7 months for) I encountered a major issue with my car. After accepting an OTA update on 9/30 my car has not been connecting to the Tesla network. I can’t use navigation, can’t lock my car, it doesn’t connect to wifi, and I can’t see the vehicle on my app.

I scheduled a mobile service but they let me know that I needed to come to a service center in person. The first available appointment they have is October 29. Looks like I will be leaving my car with them and praying they have a loaner for me to take home. Thankfully I didn’t sell my prior vehicle. Looks like I will be holding on to it for a while longer until all the bugs with this new car are worked out.

I find this all completely unacceptable for a car that I spent $90k on. My Toyota Corolla that I bought for $13k had no issues such as this. I certainly hope they are able to get this issue resolved and that this problem is not due to this being a rushed end of quarter vehicle. If they can’t rectify this problem in a satisfactory way I may just be asking for my money back. I am not a happy customer right now.
It is a firmware bug and they should have you in and out same day. They just have to reflash the firmware. Still unacceptable? Yes. Surprised they did not pull the software. But just be ready to re-setup your entire profile and car settings.
My Toyota Corolla that I bought for $13k had no issues such as this.
Your Toyota Corolla also did not get better every "two weeks" either with OTA updates.

I’m disappointed to report that just 4 days after accepting delivery of my model S (of which I waited 7 months for) I encountered a major issue with my car. After accepting an OTA update on 9/30 my car has not been connecting to the Tesla network. I can’t use navigation, can’t lock my car, it doesn’t connect to wifi, and I can’t see the vehicle on my app.

I scheduled a mobile service but they let me know that I needed to come to a service center in person. The first available appointment they have is October 29. Looks like I will be leaving my car with them and praying they have a loaner for me to take home. Thankfully I didn’t sell my prior vehicle. Looks like I will be holding on to it for a while longer until all the bugs with this new car are worked out.

I find this all completely unacceptable for a car that I spent $90k on. My Toyota Corolla that I bought for $13k had no issues such as this. I certainly hope they are able to get this issue resolved and that this problem is not due to this being a rushed end of quarter vehicle. If they can’t rectify this problem in a satisfactory way I may just be asking for my money back. I am not a happy customer right now.
Ah man sorry to hear. Yeah a cheap car with testicular low tech static firmware is a lot less risky. Teslas have software issues often due to complexity. Hope your back in it soon!

Not sure if I have an unusual experience. Placed my MS LR order on 9/28. Just got notified earlier today that my MS is ready for pick up tomorrow. I had originally told my sales rep that I’m looking for possibly December - January pickup. After I ran out of patience trying to wait so I told him anytime he locates one that close to my configuration to go ahead and let me know. Well, the call came very quickly. I only changed my mind last week.

The only change to my original configuration is white seats vs. black seats. I had wanted black seats because after 2 Tesla’s with white seats, I wanted to change things up. Oh well…

I’m located in Bay Area, CA. Maybe things move faster since I’m close to the Fremont factory…

Not sure if I have an unusual experience. Placed my MS LR order on 9/28. Just got notified earlier today that my MS is ready for pick up tomorrow. I had originally told my sales rep that I’m looking for possibly December - January pickup. After I ran out of patience trying to wait so I told him anytime he locates one that close to my configuration to go ahead and let me know. Well, the call came very quickly. I only changed my mind last week.

The only change to my original configuration is white seats vs. black seats. I had wanted black seats because after 2 Tesla’s with white seats, I wanted to change things up. Oh well…

I’m located in Bay Area, CA. Maybe things move faster since I’m close to the Fremont factory…
Congratulations! Do you know the VIN yet? MF or NF?

Two weeks...and you got white seats!

Unusual and suspect. Better look it over with a fine tooth comb.

We love you....but we also hate you. 3/26 order date here and no car.

yea. I call some major BS on this. this is very terrible of Tesla to do if this is true (or hopefully you're getting a car built in May and we can all breathe a little easier knowing another one of the dust cars bites the dust (err goes to a nice new owner)

edit: so your end configuration is MS LR blue/white/19"

Yes, I thought about that too. I’ll definitely be spending some time to check out everything. Fortunately, it’s not an end of quarter delivery, so it will not be a mad house.
I actually have a different hypothesis. If you ask Tesla nicely to do something, they will - in almost all situations, and by complete haplessness - do the opposite. I had the same situation as you in 2018 where I ordered a heavily, heavily backordered Model 3 on November 1, requested explicitly that it not be delivered until after November 30 ("no chance it'll be ready by then!"), and was forced to take delivery or lose my place in line by November 15.

Congrats on the car. I'm going to call Tesla tomorrow and tell them under no circumstances do I want to take delivery this quarter.

yea. I call some major BS on this. this is very terrible of Tesla to do if this is true (or hopefully you're getting a car built in May and we can all breathe a little easier knowing another one of the dust cars bites the dust (err goes to a nice new owner)

edit: so your end configuration is MS LR blue/white/19"
I’ll let you know what happens tomorrow when I see it in person and can confirm the build date. My sale rep is going to double check for me. He did mention it’s most likely someone that either couldn't take delivery or not available to take delivery

I’ll let you know what happens tomorrow when I see it in person and can confirm the build date. My sale rep is going to double check for me. He did mention it’s most likely someone that either couldn't take delivery or not available to take delivery
I'm just excited though an LR is picking up with white seats. for this honor please please post pics! we haven't seen any LR white inteiors in quite a long time.

Definitely crazy or suspicious. Most of us with LR order with white seats have been waiting a long time, since April here. I know your in CA but it is very odd that you got bumped up in the queue - although we get that you are paying in cases $5000-$10,000 more than some of us due to ordering after the two price increases. Seems that may be the case, which isn't cool though. That or you happen to be next at a delivery center where someone's financing fell through, it was a reject, or something... so yes, check it over well.

I am now like others, want a 2022 for the year model now after waiting. That and it would be nice to see some hopeful improvements if there was a production pause, even though not likely (could hope for better headlights, better tail lights like the M3 even, some design fixes, etc.).

Reactions: Vinny860 and cwanja
Just woke up to a VIN: MF451XXX

As previously posted, I will probably be the last "M" MS; not complaining though.

EDD: Oct. 21 - Nov. 02

Time to organize a decent checklist prior to handing over a certified check for $105,644.33

Ganbei...
Congratulations on vin. Wish I knew how they prioritize orders. I too have delivery in Florida for LR with white interior but 19” wheels. Your RN11441xx was much later than my RN11435xx ordered in early January. I think sell price or profit is a prime delivery factor since my order is only $85K and yours at $106K. What ever happened to the old rule of “first in line gets first delivery”? It feels like Tesla helps wealthy customers cut the line.

Congratulations on vin. Wish I knew how they prioritize orders. I too have delivery in Florida for LR with white interior but 19” wheels. Your RN11441xx was much later than my RN11435xx ordered in early January. I think sell price or profit is a prime delivery factor since my order is only $85K and yours at $106K. What ever happened to the old rule of “first in line gets first delivery”? It feels like Tesla helps wealthy customers cut the line.
He's paying the same price as you. yall ordered like right around the same time. mine is 1146 and I ordered early March. mine is also $106,002.84 after upgrades, taxes, and fees. You're likely only $10k less than this final price if you didn't order FSD. You're not paying $85k out the door with blue exterior and white inteior upgrades.

also with that RN, are you sure you ordered in Jan? That looks more like a Nov-Dec RN.

Reactions: DCland21 and Pdubs