Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you remove the clear wrap? Mine was the same till I seen it was a wrap on both sides
20211129_143923_resized.jpg

Mine was an MF454 and I asked when the "born date" was and they said 11/19 so go figure. I was told earlier that all November builds would be 2022 so I was surprised but just glad I'm finally getting it next week.
Tesla seems to arbitrarily cut over to 2022 VINs at some point in November. It is not clear what day that was or why it was that day and not November 1st. Only Tesla knows at this point.

One would think...that it would be so much more cost effective to invest just a BIT more, in the final QC process on the cars before they leave Fremont.
Beginning to wonder, at least with the tear specifically, if it happens after it leaves the factory. There is what, four if not five more people that sit in and out of the car post build and carry an unknown amount of things in their pockets. Wrinkles are definitely a QC at the factory issue.

Reactions: rdmdriving
I'm sure this was posted...and I probably missed it...but I suspect this will be a positive for quality control...or I hope...

Musk Asks Employees To Reduce The Size Of The Q4 Delivery Wave​

People are deferring their orders for their Model 3 and Ys for the tax incentive this quarter. I’m sure this is Elon’s way to change the narrative to favor Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: BruinIvy
Weird. So I emailed the SA and sales center yesterday basically like wtf is this push back about. The SA just emailed me

"Yes so we did find you a vehicle and matched you to it. It should be arriving early December"

How did they magically find a car all of a sudden?

Should I be concerned that it’s a dud?

Last edited:
Weird. So I emailed the SA and sales center yesterday basically like wtf is this push back about. The SA just emailed me

"Yes so we did find you a vehicle and matched you to it. It should be arriving early December"

How did they magically find a car all of a sudden?

Should I be concerned that it’s a dud?
Probably just another deal that fell through

Reactions: cwanja and newEVer
<rant> I was supposed to get home delivery of my June RN 1150 order today. But DCU loan check hasn't been mailed yet, and I'm not able to get hold of them. My loan was approved last week, and I already have the loan account in my DCU app/website.
The Tesla delivery is refusing delivery until I can give them a photo of the check and tracking number. :( And they're only going to wait until tomorrow for it. Quite a frustrating experience TBH. </rant>
Just a word of caution for those especially in the bay area - If you're using DCU, try to get the loan approved as soon as you get a VIN, so that there's no delay in the check being mailed. Also, once you start the loan process, you need to proactively call DCU to send them the MVPA before they can approve the loan. I was thinking they'll send me a link to upload the docs but it wasn't so, at least for me.

Step 1 is done: the display says that it has copied the RF signal. At that point, it should prompt me to go to the opener and push the Learn button. I don't get that prompt, so step 2 does not work.

I texted Tesla service. Hope they can answer. The Homelink in my 2018 S100D was very easy to set up, so I know the opener works with Homelink.
I got Homelink to work.

I think the problem is this: I have a 3rd party garage opener remote. While that operates the opener fine, it does not seem to work well with Tesla's Homelink programming. I found another Homelink remote in the house. This is the Chamberlain homelink 371JCI remote. This remote by itself does not open/close the garage door. However, this remote is used to program the Homelink receiver in cars. I created the Homelink using this remote, via the Direct mode, and it works.

Thanks for the help.

One thing I miss. In the older S, you can have the energy usage displayed in the instrument panel. That is the one that shows current watts/mile, total usage after last charge, etc. In the refreshed S, that is not shown in the instrument panel. Unless I am totally clueless, which is a possibility. The information is now in one of the Vehicle Control tabs in the main display.

In the instrument panel, there is a thin horizontal bar that indicates energy usage, like whether regen is charging the battery, for example. Not as useful.