Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same situation as you. Was planning to pay cash but tempted to finance at these great rates and invest the money I had set aside or else use it for cash flow in my business. I also hate loans. Don't have any right now. Haven't had a mortgage payment for 10 years or a car payment for 3 years. But then I put some money into a market account last February and I am currently up about 25%.

I have my VIN and my Tesla should arrive in about a week. I sold my last daily driver to Carmax a month ago. So this morning I applied at DCU and USAA. Both were approved for full price at less than 2%.

I'll probably sign with DCU this week. Just not sure where I am going to invest the extra funds. 😂 First world problems.
If you have extra funds, get more German Shepherds Lol. I love the breed. Got two of those monsters myself. 😀
😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211209-101723_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211209-101723_Tesla.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Almost and BruinIvy
EDIT: Sorry, I'm not sure why my photos are embedded in the post and not as attachments. New to the forums.

Ordered a MS LR MSM w/ 21” arachnids at a Tesla store in mid-November, got really lucky and took delivery today NF46 VIN.

The guys at the Tesla location in Toronto was phenomenal, parked the car inside and let me poke around for 1.5 hours.

No major issues, a 1/2 inch paint blemish on driver rear side panel above left turn lights (pic for reference) and a 2-3 thin scratches that are 2-3mm in length. Got an appointment at the tesla authorized body shop tomorrow to get it fixed over weekend (hopefully). No missing parts, etc. Put 80km on it today, no vibrations or rattling so far.

Got winter tires installed, windows tinted (garage pic shows the after). Off for ppf and ceramic once the body shop is done; hopefully all in time for Xmas.
Beautiful! What percentage is your tint?

Reporting a status on my situation:

Yea Tesla was ~$9k less on trade in than selling to Getmethevin. $38 vs $47
DCU is underwriting now the 100%, but are cutting it close saying the goal is to review tax docs and fund by tomorrow. My pick up is scheduled for Saturday.
I'll call Tesla after a few work meetings to see what they say.

DCU claims they can send me scan of front and back of check and fedex number.

Loan questions.

(1) Initially got approved using tesla finance, but get a much better rate from BOA this week. How do I switch my loan application (guess my SA has to do sth on her end) to use boa loan?
(2) Do I just bring the down payment (cashier's check) and the rest (in the form of casher's check from boa) when taking the delivery?

TIA

From what I've seen on this site, Tesla gives you the lowest value on any trade in. Carmax, Vroom, etc are better options.
Concur.

Tesla's trade-in values, on their own branded cars, are an insult.

This is particularly the case when you visit an aggregator site such as ev-tsla.com and search for the car you're trading in. In our case, a 2019 "Raven" MS Performance with 7k miles, they were offering in the low 70's, IIRC, while selling them in the low 100's!?!

Granted, some of the older trade-ins may require more "refurbishment" (which they really don't do, frankly), but to clean our pockets of some $30k or $40k of value on cars that are nearly new trade-ins is a slap in the face to those that have supported Tesla's mission for many years.

But, here we have sales tax credit on trade ins. So they have us by the short hairs as the ONLY way to retain the sales tax credit, which is especially valuable on a nearly new vehicle, is to trade it in to these ne'er-do-wells.

Grrrr!

I hate/love/hate Tesla.

Loan questions.

(1) Initially got approved using tesla finance, but get a much better rate from BOA this week. How do I switch my loan application (guess my SA has to do sth on her end) to use boa loan?
(2) Do I just bring the down payment (cashier's check) and the rest (in the form of casher's check from boa) when taking the delivery?

TIA
You can have your SA (or you can call the tesla 800#) switch it to 3rd party financing.

• Helpful
Reactions: jackk and cwanja
Reporting a status on my situation:

Yea Tesla was ~$9k less on trade in than selling to Getmethevin. $38 vs $47
DCU is underwriting now the 100%, but are cutting it close saying the goal is to review tax docs and fund by tomorrow. My pick up is scheduled for Saturday.
I'll call Tesla after a few work meetings to see what they say.

DCU claims they can send me scan of front and back of check and fedex number.
I opened 2 DCA accounts yesterday (a whopping $5 each, i felt like aunt may in spider-man 2 at the bank) - i was going to go for my DCA loan, but i don't want to run into an issue where the offer expires - i think folks have said it's good for 30 days.
it's a mixed bag - not even sure i can get a loan without a vin, and then you have a small window. and right now sitting here, i don't know what they'd qualify me for.
i have other options, but i do like certainty.
plan b which i hate is cash.
and if i didn't have it, plan C would be a lease.
i decided i won't keep the car more than 3 years. i'm trying to predict a high resale, but if the 4680s come out, chip shortage ends before 3 years, and tesla produces cars by the truck load (pun, cyber truck, semi) then i question if the 2022 S will hold it's value. I have no idea what the 2025 S will go for, features, etc.
but, i still think the purchase is the way to go for the tesla. i don't think a low mileage purchase for a 3 year old span makes sense for most other cars.

I opened 2 DCA accounts yesterday (a whopping $5 each, i felt like aunt may in spider-man 2 at the bank) - i was going to go for my DCA loan, but i don't want to run into an issue where the offer expires - i think folks have said it's good for 30 days.
it's a mixed bag - not even sure i can get a loan without a vin, and then you have a small window. and right now sitting here, i don't know what they'd qualify me for.
i decided i won't keep the car more than 3 years. i'm trying to predict a high resale, but if the 4680s come out, chip shortage ends before 3 years, and tesla produces cars by the truck load (pun, cyber truck, semi) then i question if the 2022 S will hold it's value. I have no idea what the 2025 S will go for, features, etc.
but, i still think the purchase is the way to go for the tesla. i don't think a low mileage purchase for a 3 year old span makes sense for most other cars.
I decided to risk it and apply for my loan once I got my new, narrow window. Hopefully Tesla doesn't screw me and push it past EOY. Well see, still no VIN and sitting at 12/18-12/31. I went with Carolina Cooperative CU. 30 day approval so if I dont get it before EOY I will have to apply again I think.

boa didn't need a vin to get me pre-approved. Does DCA offer better rate?

I decided to risk it and apply for my loan once I got my new, narrow window. Hopefully Tesla doesn't screw me and push it past EOY. Well see, still no VIN and sitting at 12/18-12/31. I went with Carolina Cooperative CU. 30 day approval so if I dont get it before EOY I will have to apply again I think.
Pretty much the same boat, but after having Tesla approve my lease, and then having it expire months ago, i don't want to rush through a bank loan taht may expire before i get the car - especially if the 3 day pic up window comes when i'm out of the country. i still have no VIN, so it can be cat and mouse - per the SA i spoke with, if i get unmatched, i'd get a new VIN "fairly quickly" whatever that means, but I'd rather have a target going on when i go for that loan. right now, 12/22 - 12/31, and we all know the monkey can go in either direction. It would be great if the car came a tad before I go away, or even a day or so before I'm back would still be in the window...but otherwise, bu bye vin :(

I was going to pay cash but prompted by these messages I just checked BofA and was approved for 1.99%. I'll probably go with that since the rate is so low.
pretty cheap. I THINK DCA is 1.99% and then take off another .5% if you do their direct deposit. i'm not sure what you need for that to happen - i can have my payroll send $$$$ to a DCA checking account, not sure if the car payment alone would be enough or if they need more - joys of self employment - and if you don't keep the direct deposit going i think they will summarily bump you up to the 1.99% number which is still great - and i think the spread is about $10 or $16 a month on the S, so better than a sharp stick in the eye, but not worth losing too much sleep over

Pretty much the same boat, but after having Tesla approve my lease, and then having it expire months ago, i don't want to rush through a bank loan taht may expire before i get the car - especially if the 3 day pic up window comes when i'm out of the country. i still have no VIN, so it can be cat and mouse - per the SA i spoke with, if i get unmatched, i'd get a new VIN "fairly quickly" whatever that means, but I'd rather have a target going on when i go for that loan. right now, 12/22 - 12/31, and we all know the monkey can go in either direction. It would be great if the car came a tad before I go away, or even a day or so before I'm back would still be in the window...but otherwise, bu bye vin :(
hold on my friend. I have a good feeling you will get your vin soon and manage to still arrange pick up after you return!!!