Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!! I am getting delivery soon at the same location!
Question, were you able to ask for all season tires? I saw you said you were going to save it, so they were provided as extra?
Perhaps not the clearest choice of words on my part. I meant Tesla was "saving" the all-season tires for those in colder climates. I only got one set of tires (summer) with/on my car. I never mentioned choice of tires to my SA and summers are what I got.

Ok, so here’s my weirda$$ way of thinking.
The Build Back Better program has 80000 for vans, trucks, and SUV’s.
Why didn’t they just make it 80k straight across the board?
Secondly, if they DO pass it, and it stays the same, or better yet include sedans in the 80k, then all of us waiting who ordered pre price bumps stand to benefit greatly by not taking delivery of our vehicle until the bill becomes law.
That’s how I’m hoping my latest jump (original order date 6/17/2021) into Jan 10 to Feb 7 holds firm.
Additionally, and this is far reaching, it would give me an opportunity to order a Model Y instead, you know, with the funny looking round steering wheel, and deck it out and come away WAY cheaper.
See, being on a wait list for 6 months makes you think crazy thoughts.

With DCU there is a $100 referral bonus for those receiving a referral. For the one giving out the referral, it is $50. Also you can qualify for membership by donating some money to one of the charities.

Usually takes about 2+ hours to get them to return you call. Very busy place.
U just have to confirm you live in the area. They don’t check it out.

Ok, so here’s my weirda$$ way of thinking.
The Build Back Better program has 80000 for vans, trucks, and SUV’s.
Why didn’t they just make it 80k straight across the board?
Secondly, if they DO pass it, and it stays the same, or better yet include sedans in the 80k, then all of us waiting who ordered pre price bumps stand to benefit greatly by not taking delivery of our vehicle until the bill becomes law.
That’s how I’m hoping my latest jump (original order date 6/17/2021) into Jan 10 to Feb 7 holds firm.
Additionally, and this is far reaching, it would give me an opportunity to order a Model Y instead, you know, with the funny looking round steering wheel, and deck it out and come away WAY cheaper.
See, being on a wait list for 6 months makes you think crazy thoughts.
I wish the Model S LR did qualify for the tax EV credit. That be nice getting $7500 back. But unfortunately we won't be getting that which sucks!

I wish the Model S LR did qualify for the tax EV credit. That be nice getting $7500 back. But unfortunately we won't be getting that which sucks!
Initially it was any sedan under 80k. Kinda the reason i didn’t add RED and/or maybe creme interior. I still don’t understand the sedans getting the shaft in the deal. What’s the difference between a car that seats 5 and an suv that seats 5. Doesn’t a family fit and utilize both equally? The car is made in America by American workers and well, it would’ve worth 8000 if the bill passed. Me just don’t get it.

Initially it was any sedan under 80k. Kinda the reason i didn’t add RED and/or maybe creme interior. I still don’t understand the sedans getting the shaft in the deal. What’s the difference between a car that seats 5 and an suv that seats 5. Doesn’t a family fit and utilize both equally? The car is made in America by American workers and well, it would’ve worth 8000 if the bill passed. Me just don’t get it.
100% agree! And there's people saying to me like "ahahah nope im sorry! you're expensive $95,000 luxury car doesn't qualify for your tax ev silly." implying i'm a "rich person" complaining about a tax credit. When in reality nope. I saved all of my money, worked hard to get my dream car, and worked on my credit to get this Model S. I am not "rich" at all. I am just blessed enough to own a car like this, and having that tax credit would be a "cherry on the top" thing.
But nope. I'm always shafted in every way possible

Just picked up my car! The only thing I noticed wrong were some wrinkles in the drivers seat. I compared it to two other refresh Model S cars that were at the SC and neither one had the same problem. I already scheduled a service appointment for it otherwise I didn’t see anything else wrong. Next up, a custom paint job in about a week!

Attachments

• E2B1448C-5DAE-448B-AEF6-782C6B8EE2E8.jpeg
    E2B1448C-5DAE-448B-AEF6-782C6B8EE2E8.jpeg
    818.8 KB · Views: 100
  • D03203DF-4169-42B6-85FC-800F5560C1F5.jpeg
    D03203DF-4169-42B6-85FC-800F5560C1F5.jpeg
    860 KB · Views: 84
  • F3DCA8BE-7BBA-448F-AD11-F9E07F1BAEC6.jpeg
    F3DCA8BE-7BBA-448F-AD11-F9E07F1BAEC6.jpeg
    497.6 KB · Views: 87
Checking in from the other side 1 week later. Keep hope alive fam, this car is worth it all. Obviously the fast part is fun, but the ride is so smooth. I seriously feel like I got 100% comfortable with the yoke within a couple of hours. To me it's essentially an apple vs android thing. Different, not better, not worse. You adapt and move on.

So many cool little things. My driveway is a little sleep, so I've increased suspension, and now the car remembers to auto-lift before auto-opening my garage. What other car in the world does that?

Don't give up guys, it's so worth the wait! Now I'm just waiting for little things like active noise cancellation, etc.