Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks like a rejected 2021?... 5YJSA1E56MF
How can i tell when it was built?
The next three digits after "MF" would help to reveal the approx. month build as I understand it. The latest NF VINs are running at 461. So for MFs, as far as I can recall are mid-45X and lower. The 2021 to 2022 cross-over occurred as some point in early Nov. (speculating that it happened between 456 and 457). You can also ask SA and they can tell you the exact born date.

Last edited:
Attached screen shot shows how I worded the missing parts in the service request, and shows the parts that are now on order that shows in my app.

View attachment 741590
Follow up to this posting. The missing parts are being delivered to me at my house in about 2 hours by the Tesla mobile service rep. He called this morning asking if he can come out and deliver them.

Last edited:
Follow up to this posting. The missing parts are being delivered to me at my house in about 2 hours by the Tesla mobile service rep. He called this morning asking if he can come out and deliver them.
Last follow up. Tesla Mobile Service tech just delivered the missing pieces. They arrived a lot faster than I thought they would, given that the order was placed 6 days ago. The car is now complete. Attached are the final pics. Ceramic window tint completed two days ago. 33%. Signing off now for the final time. Good luck to all those awaiting delivery, and enjoy it when it arrives. What a car....
IMG_6950.jpeg
IMG_6951.jpeg
IMG_6952.jpeg

Last follow up. Tesla Mobile Service tech just delivered the missing pieces. They arrived a lot faster than I thought they would, given that the order was placed 6 days ago. The car is now complete. Attached are the final pics. Ceramic window tint completed two days ago. 33%. Signing off now for the final time. Good luck to all those awaiting delivery, and enjoy it when it arrives. What a car....
View attachment 742050View attachment 742051View attachment 742052
Looks great. Really like that spoiler!!

Reactions: rdmdriving
OK now im scrambling to figure things out lol. Its literally there ready for pick up. Im on phone with DCU now to see about financing options (Got approved for up to 100%).

I also have the Model 3 i got a couple months ago and got a Vroom quote for $45,000, a Carvana for $43K, I paid $45,700 back in September. I'm going to sell it or trade it in. My wife says keeping 3 Teslas (S,3,Y) would be more a chore than anything since its just the two of us that drive and the 3 would sit in the garage...

The conundrum is i have is do i finance the whole thing, part of it, or pay it cash. And I would have to wait 2-3 business days for a check from Vroom.

I'm about to call Tesla since my non responsive SA didnt call me back. To see what they would give me for the 3 on trade in.

My finance friends would tell me to invest the money and just finance the whole thing at that rate, i just hate having car payments :/

What do you guys think?

My finance friends would tell me to invest the money and just finance the whole thing at that rate, i just hate having car payments :/

What do you guys think?
Well the market went up just over 28% in the last 12 months. Considering the average of a decades is in the range of 10%, maybe you should consult Yogi Berra about predicting the future --- oh darn Yogi is dead.

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja and AKay724
OK now im scrambling to figure things out lol. Its literally there ready for pick up. Im on phone with DCU now to see about financing options (Got approved for up to 100%).

I also have the Model 3 i got a couple months ago and got a Vroom quote for $45,000, a Carvana for $43K, I paid $45,700 back in September. I'm going to sell it or trade it in. My wife says keeping 3 Teslas (S,3,Y) would be more a chore than anything since its just the two of us that drive and the 3 would sit in the garage...

The conundrum is i have is do i finance the whole thing, part of it, or pay it cash. And I would have to wait 2-3 business days for a check from Vroom.

I'm about to call Tesla since my non responsive SA didnt call me back. To see what they would give me for the 3 on trade in.

What do you guys think?
There should be no penalty for repaying your loan early. If you’re anxious to get the new car then you could just finance it and plan to repay the loan in part or in whole shortly after you sell the other car. Just a thought.

So I'm now 2 days out from my EDD, still sitting on a 3 week window with no VIN (and nothing in the source code).

What's typical for folks in this position? Do I need to see a date shrink to 10 days, and/or a VIN in the source code, before I officially get a VIN? Or could it just pop up?

I'm unlikely to get a reject / inventory car, as there are very few Model S being sold in my area, so the likelihood of someone rejecting my exact config during the timeframe is low. I therefore expect the "typical" delivery experience, where my car will roll out of Freemont and be loaded on truck / train to my location.
I am a RN1153 and ordered 4 days before you. Just received my VIN yesterday. Mine went from a 30 day window down to a 14 and then a 10 day window. Yesterday I woke up to a 3 day window and no VIN, but could find it in the source code. A couple of hours later, I had an official VIN for EDD 12/21 -12/24. Santa Musk is on his way, maybe yours is right around the corner! Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

What do you guys think?
Have you check with GiveMeTheVIN.com?

• Love
Reactions: AKay724
oh wow thanks! They are offering more albeit a range. How do they work?
They are super easy to work with. I sold mine to them. When I dropped it off, I got a check for the equity. The balance was paid off in 3 days and the bank confirmed $0.00 balance.
Mine was M3 SR+ with 2600 miles, so they didn’t give me a range. Initially they quoted what Carvana quoted you, I countered and they accepted.
I picked up my M3 9/18 and sold on 11/20.
They bank with Bank of America.

Feel free to ask me if you have any specific questions.