Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, I've extended my lease out as far as I could (bmw) which ends on 1/20. I've got a taycan on hold if I don't get my tesla beforehand (1/7-2/4 currently). Bummer, but I can't wait any longer.
I will just take both since ur MS is before any price hike. You can probably drive it for a while and sell it without losing much, or transfer ur reservation to some lucky guy on this forum. :)

Talked to my delivery center today on my monthly sojourn there to look things over. My edd changed this morning from Feb 25 to Mar 25 to Jan 24 to Feb 24. My build date changed from Jan 1 to Jan 14 to 21. The Tesla rep said they are probably shutting the factory for 10 to 14 days at the beginning of the year. I knew they wouldn't build anything on new years day, so if the factory shuts down for a few weeks, I'll be built right after it starts up again. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.

The delivery center was very quiet today with an almost empty parking lot. There were 3 model S. 1 is an msm plaid that is an inventory car for sale and you can have it today if want. The other 2 were LR blue cream and blue white with 19 inch wheels. They both have Pirelli summer tires on them (yikes)!. One was being delivered while I was there, the other had been prepped and was just waiting for it's new owner to arrive.

i brought this up with the SA and he said my records are annotated to have the AS tires. We'll see.

Anyway, I am of the opinion I should have the car by the end of January to the middle or end of February. Which agrees with the edd I got this morning. Or not.

I'm curious how my EDD will move soon I'm thinking. Still at 1/9 - 2/6. If there is a ~2 weeks shutdown or so, then it likely can't be built until mid-January at the earliest, ship out and arrive until end of January/early February so perhaps the EDD will just remain or narrow down on the latter side towards early February.

Sick of waiting on this car at this point like many of you - would cancel if there was another option out there that was available and met the ease of ownership needs (range/SC network).

Reactions: SureThing
I'm curious how my EDD will move soon I'm thinking. Still at 1/9 - 2/6. If there is a ~2 weeks shutdown or so, then it likely can't be built until mid-January at the earliest, ship out and arrive until end of January/early February so perhaps the EDD will just remain or narrow down on the latter side towards early February.

Sick of waiting on this car at this point like many of you - would cancel if there was another option out there that was available and met the ease of ownership needs (range/SC network).
Yeah if there's a 2 week shutdown coming, we are either about to get our VIN from the end of the production run or there is no way well see one until like late February....Im still holding out this tiny little thread of hope for a delivery by EOY lol even though its almost certain not to happen

There seem to be a lot of forum members with EDDs from mid-Jan to mid-Feb, which to me is strange if there is a 2-week shut down planned. I would think the EDDs would be either mid- to late-Jan (for cars being produced this week before the shutdown, allowing for transportation time) or mid- to late-Feb (for those that won't be produced until after the assembly line comes back up following the shut down).

Maybe I'm being too analytical about this, given the random nature of the EDDs...

At one time, I had a 2-week EDD window from Dec 19-31, and have been at 1/16 - 2/13 for over a month now. I have a feeling (perhaps wishful thinking) that my car will be produced very soon and will make it to the mid-west later in January.

Hope that's the case for all of us with EDDs in mid-Jan to mid-Feb!

Reactions: SureThing
Shifted again to December 29th-31st. No VIN. Still thinking I am next in line if anyone decides to reject or not take delivery. I, however, still have my payment option set as cash even if I don't think I'll be doing cash as there is no reason to change it to financing before a VIN. Wonder why the computers would even be changing my EDD this much when, in all likely hood, I won't be getting the car for months. I am an RN1157 and previously had an EDD of March-April, but I am in LA so my guess would be that is the reason.

Hi,
I have a question. If I purchase a Model S without FSD, can I ask Tesla to enable FSD later on? Is there some Hardware which is upgraded (Hardware 3.0) to enable that or is that entirely software based?

I recently ordered from the existing inventory Model S LR, which has FSD enabled. While completing the payment, it gives me an option of removing FSD.
Not sure if I remove the FSD will that change the delivery date? If I decide to add that later on will I have to send my Tesla to factory to enable FSD?

Help is much appreciated. TIA

There seem to be a lot of forum members with EDDs from mid-Jan to mid-Feb, which to me is strange if there is a 2-week shut down planned. I would think the EDDs would be either mid- to late-Jan (for cars being produced this week before the shutdown, allowing for transportation time) or mid- to late-Feb (for those that won't be produced until after the assembly line comes back up following the shut down).

Maybe I'm being too analytical about this, given the random nature of the EDDs...

At one time, I had a 2-week EDD window from Dec 19-31, and have been at 1/16 - 2/13 for over a month now. I have a feeling (perhaps wishful thinking) that my car will be produced very soon and will make it to the mid-west later in January.

Hope that's the case for all of us with EDDs in mid-Jan to mid-Feb!
I dunno. I think we'll likely get VINS (maybe us RN1150s and similar) right after any shutdown ends, say around 3rd week of January at latest, when things are starting back up and it is predictable for them once again on the line.

For us in TX, we seem to have to get a VIN and have to make full 100% payment before the car enters the state so that would align with my EDD. I like many now would want to benefit from any retooling and new parts that get implemented (if occurring) - like the new tail light look we have seen a preview of and would love better headlights comparable to our other cars (F150, M3).

Reactions: Jabbahop
Hi,
I have a question. If I purchase a Model S without FSD, can I ask Tesla to enable FSD later on? Is there some Hardware which is upgraded (Hardware 3.0) to enable that or is that entirely software based?

I recently ordered from the existing inventory Model S LR, which has FSD enabled. While completing the payment, it gives me an option of removing FSD.
Not sure if I remove the FSD will that change the delivery date? If I decide to add that later on will I have to send my Tesla to factory to enable FSD?

Its a software update you can buy off your phone all the hardware is already installed even if you don't have FSD no need to send in the car.

Hi,

From what we have seen:

1) Removing FSD will NOT change your EDD or price at least, but you never know on the EDD fully. It shouldn't.

2) You can add it later either as a subscription ($199 a month) to try, or in full at $10,000 right now one time. It isn't that great so the subscription may be a good option for you. It doesn't necessarily stay with the car when you sell it so iffy value there, and you don't carry it with you to a new Tesla if you sell as well. FSD is somewhat a scam IMHO but that's another topic. You can buy it from the app when your ready. You will have HW3/FSD computer already so no hardware upgrade will be needed (as of now). That has always be negated though in future years as Tesla as overpromised on every hardware version only to disappoint those owners with required upgrades or lacking functionality delivery.

Reactions: roc-noc
RN 1154, Fremont pickup. Got pushed back from 1/19-2/16 to 3/10-4/7 last night. Given the pattern of delivering local orders at EOQ and my previous EOQ EDDs, I'm surprised it isn't 3/10-3/31.

Frustrated at this last bump as it pushes beyond the "February" EDD at order time. But I understand there's many here that have waited far longer. Hoping it means a factory retooling and a better product.
I've heard from multiple people who've taken deliveries lately, as well as from the staff at Tesla Santana Row, that they are prioritizing local deliveries right now.

Reactions: stars
2,000 miles on the car since taking delivery in early December. Basic review: LOVE IT. Have had zero issues. And the latest software update giving the blind spot camera view when a turn signal is on is awesome. I have taken 3 trips of 250+ highway miles. Rides so smooth on the highway, much better than my 2017 MS75D. Yoke steering wheel...big fan of it. Simple to get used to and it's a comfy grip especially on long highway rides. Do I miss the stalks? No. Not at all. Buttons were simple to learn. Charging is much faster, which is nice. A full charge for mine reaches 406 miles. On the 250+ mile trips I took on the highway, the temperate was about 40 degrees, and I averaged 75 MPH on about 70% of the trip. Actual range under those conditions has been about 320 miles. Will only improve when weather gets warmer here in the midwest in the spring and summer. My occasional flooring the accelerator to experience the face melting speed is also not helping my range efficiency, but I cannot help myself :)
Overall, thrilled with the car.

2,000 miles on the car since taking delivery in early December. Basic review: LOVE IT. Have had zero issues. And the latest software update giving the blind spot camera view when a turn signal is on is awesome. I have taken 3 trips of 250+ highway miles. Rides so smooth on the highway, much better than my 2017 MS75D. Yoke steering wheel...big fan of it. Simple to get used to and it's a comfy grip especially on long highway rides. Do I miss the stalks? No. Not at all. Buttons were simple to learn. Charging is much faster, which is nice. A full charge for mine reaches 406 miles. On the 250+ mile trips I took on the highway, the temperate was about 40 degrees, and I averaged 75 MPH on about 70% of the trip. Actual range under those conditions has been about 320 miles. Will only improve when weather gets warmer here in the midwest in the spring and summer. My occasional flooring the accelerator to experience the face melting speed is also not helping my range efficiency, but I cannot help myself :)
Overall, thrilled with the car.
Thanks for the review. It made me excited for mine!

I've heard from multiple people who've taken deliveries lately, as well as from the staff at Tesla Santana Row, that they are prioritizing local deliveries right now.
Good to know, thanks for sharing. My guess is that my (cheapest) W/B color combo isn't prioritized. I actually had arranged my holiday travel plans to be being in town during this last week of December on the off chance my order would be in the EOY push, but it seems not to be the case.

Not really bitter or anything actually - more than happy to wait as I have close to 0 "need" for this car (but a little bit more 0 "want"). Mostly just wish these EDDs could be a little bit more stable and believable.

Good to know, thanks for sharing. My guess is that my (cheapest) W/B color combo isn't prioritized. I actually had arranged my holiday travel plans to be being in town during this last week of December on the off chance my order would be in the EOY push, but it seems not to be the case.

Not really bitter or anything actually - more than happy to wait as I have close to 0 "need" for this car (but a little bit more 0 "want"). Mostly just wish these EDDs could be a little bit more stable and believable.
I feel you, I'm RN1156 19 MSM/B no FSD. Was Dec 23-31 and sitting at March 13 - April 10 for a couple days now, Fremont pickup as well. Had a colleague get his EDD pushed far out too and got a VIN not too long after. Who knows.

Feedback Please! I received a text from Tesla saying they can match me to a car in MN before the New Year. Seems odd, since I requested pick up in IL when I placed the order. If I recall, I thought others received a phone call to elaborating in more detail from their SA. My Tesla Account has no VIN and still shows Jan/Feb delivery. Thoughts?

Feedback Please! I received a text from Tesla saying they can match me to a car in MN before the New Year. Seems odd, since I requested pick up in IL when I placed the order. If I recall, I thought others received a phone call to elaborating in more detail from their SA. My Tesla Account has no VIN and still shows Jan/Feb delivery. Thoughts?
Call you SA and lock in the details.