Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't checked my EDD in about a month and my dates changed from the end of Jan - early Feb to Jan 3 - Jan 17. I heard that a two week window usually means a VIN is imminent, but I've seen posts vary from people getting their dates bumped when they are in their EDD window to having VINs assigned in a few days.

This is bleeding me. This person ordered end of Dec 2021 and taking delivery in 2-3 weeks while I ordered on 6/10/21 for MSM/Black had EDD 12/27-12/31 and then moved to late Jan 2022. I understand Tesla prioritize CA people. This seems more like prioritizing a higher margin car:(:(
Mine is 4/10 order, MSM/Black and staying put at Jan6-Feb3 for about a month now. No news... Fingers crossed it will happen in January.... Given MSM seems to be in the production plan based on above. 🙉 🤞

Even my 10 year old is surprised I have stopped talking about my car and not taking a detour to get giddy/ogle over the new MS in a warehouse close by here unloading from the trucks. Hmm.. I suppose doing that since June of last year gets old, even for a kid......

Just created this meme, I am at stage 5

1641226510448.png

Funny, Sad and True all at the same time... :D
I thought I’d share a special anniversary with y‘all. At 5:00pm today, I’ll be celebrating my 200th day of waiting since placing my order. The simplest cheapest configuration looks to be the one that Tesla is having a hard time delivering. Oh well, it’s 7º outside now and everything is ice’d over in the Chicago area. I, for once hope the wait is continued now for at least another 30 days due to the frigid conditions. Waiting, at the moment, seems to be a good thing. Thank you Tesla! You are finally bending to my will…bwah ha ha ha…(insert evil monkey face here)…

Update here. I rejected taking a 2021 model year back at the end of Nov after being assigned a VIN. My SA said that the only way the "guarantee" that I get a 2022 was to put a hold on my account until the new year. Well as on this morning my account is showing EDD of 1/5-2/1.
I have the same exact config as you! Let’s see who win’s the race or should I say who loses the race to their vehicle. I truly hope I am delayed longer now that it’s the worst time of year for driving in my area.

I have the same exact config as you! Let’s see who win’s the race or should I say who loses the race to their vehicle. I truly hope I am delayed longer now that it’s the worst time of year for driving in my area.

I totally get that. You have way more extreme weather than we do but still I am in the same boat where it's just not an exciting time to take delivery of a new car. You get it and it immediately gets covered in crap.

Reactions: 1Pt21Giga
I totally get that. You have way more extreme weather than we do but still I am in the same boat where it's just not an exciting time to take delivery of a new car. You get it and it immediately gets covered in crap.
Yep me too, we have been dealing with crappy winter weather hear in Washington with lots of snow for more than one week now. I hope to take delivery when the weather has improved.

Reactions: 1Pt21Giga
Also in Chicago. Tesla’s handle amazing isn’t he snow so I am actually the opposite. I want it sooner. Warmer car in the winter. Better handling in the winter.

Reactions: Proppilot
Also in Chicago. Tesla’s handle amazing isn’t he snow so I am actually the opposite. I want it sooner. Warmer car in the winter. Better handling in the winter.
I am humbled by your true optimism. Yes, I will eventually enjoy the car for all it’s good for, and watching the neighbor crack his garage door this morning to warm up the vehicle before driving it made me laugh. I will be able to do the same thing with the garage door close and for far cheaper to as it’ll be plugged in. As Volcanotacos said, not a fun time to take delivery or the new car. Seeing I get a new vehicle about every 11 years or so, it’s a big deal and as much as I know the neighbors don’t give a rats rear end, it’s still fun to park it outside or come home when they’re out and about so they can see it. I know, I envy their new vehicles, well most of em, but consider my current vehicle is a 2010 prius, i only know this one, will get much more of a wow than the prius did.

Update here. I rejected taking a 2021 model year back at the end of Nov after being assigned a VIN. My SA said that the only way the "guarantee" that I get a 2022 was to put a hold on my account until the new year. Well as on this morning my account is showing EDD of 1/5-2/1.
Very similar EDD here for same spec. And I think we are probably same delivery location. (Portland?) I am curious to see what movement we will see in the next couple of days.

This is bleeding me. This person ordered end of Dec 2021 and taking delivery in 2-3 weeks while I ordered on 6/10/21 for MSM/Black had EDD 12/27-12/31 and then moved to late Jan 2022. I understand Tesla prioritize CA people. This seems more like prioritizing a higher margin car:(:(
As a 2/2/21 RN11444 order, I hear you, fellow Marylander. I feel like I live OCONUS for all the love Tesla shows us right coasters.

We've gotta keep our solidarity in the face of all these Californians swooping in and snapping up our cars! ;)

Reactions: RxVanco and bhakan
So, i just drove over the the delivery center (3 miles from where i live) and walked around the lot until i found my Red/Tan MS LR. There were at least 6 other red/tan MS LRs! Looked great on the outside. Then walked into the building and told the sales staff i just saw my car out there, expecting them to set up an appointment for tomorrow or the next day. Instead they said i could take delivery at 4pm! I didn't argue. So, sometimes it pays to just 'swing by' the delivery center!
Same situation for me. Got a text Friday saying Jan 2 - 6 but today I dropped by Corte Madera as they opened and appt set for 3 PM today.
Mine identical to yours. That leaves 4 more to be picked up. Enjoy!

Same situation for me. Got a text Friday saying Jan 2 - 6 but today I dropped by Corte Madera as they opened and appt set for 3 PM today.
Mine identical to yours. That leaves 4 more to be picked up. Enjoy!
Congrats on your order btw.

I'm guessing that you are in the RN115x+ group? At this point, it would be interesting to see how many CA residents who ordered prior to July (and didn't reject a VIN) haven't gotten their car yet. Better yet, how about just any CA order that was placed before Oct?

Maybe I should move there for a couple of months.

Reactions: Wilber
Congrats on your order btw.

I'm guessing that you are in the RN115x+ group? At this point, it would be interesting to see how many CA residents who ordered prior to July (and didn't reject a VIN) haven't gotten their car yet. Better yet, how about just any CA order that was placed before Oct?

Maybe I should move there for a couple of months.
RN1154 ordered 7/31/21, Fremont pickup. My EDD is still 3/10-4/7.