Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is 4/10 order, MSM/Black and staying put at Jan6-Feb3 for about a month now. No news... Fingers crossed it will happen in January.... Given MSM seems to be in the production plan based on above. 🙉 🤞

Even my 10 year old is surprised I have stopped talking about my car and not taking a detour to get giddy/ogle over the new MS in a warehouse close by here unloading from the trucks. Hmm.. I suppose doing that since June of last year gets old, even for a kid......
When you suffer, think of us in Europe left with nothing but end of 2022 ! Ordered mine in April 😫

Congrats on your order btw.

I'm guessing that you are in the RN115x+ group? At this point, it would be interesting to see how many CA residents who ordered prior to July (and didn't reject a VIN) haven't gotten their car yet. Better yet, how about just any CA order that was placed before Oct?

Maybe I should move there for a couple of months.
Yep: 1154. Ordered right after first $5k price increase but before subsequent ones. So margin on my order $5k higher than previous orders...
Move to CA? There's lots of room with all those moving out. :)

Anyone know of the S/X line shut down for the 2-3 weeks after Christmas? I know it was rumored and just wish there was an easy way to confirm.

Watching the Fremont videos I have a difficult time distinguishing the model s from the air. Hard to tell how many of any I see.

Anyone know of the S/X line shut down for the 2-3 weeks after Christmas? I know it was rumored and just wish there was an easy way to confirm.

Watching the Fremont videos I have a difficult time distinguishing the model s from the air. Hard to tell how many of any I see.
If it shut down we should know soon. It seems like it did NOT shut down, or perhap just for some minor few days with all the people like me getting early-mid January two week EDD windows again that require transit time on top of production (i.e. to TX). That, or from the videos that lot where they have a lot waiting outside have already been produced a few weeks and are waiting for shipment out. Shipping is definitely a bottleneck right now due to labor issues, etc.

I have been seeing the same rumor about that as well, it will not be surprising to have a new year break to adjust/implement changes to the production line, there are rumors/photos about a new taillight design for MS so I hope they are making that happen during the break

I have been seeing the same rumor about that as well, it will not be surprising to have a new year break to adjust/implement changes to the production line, there are rumors/photos about a new taillight design for MS so I hope they are making that happen during the break
Yeah I’m not really all that bothered by a shut down but in true Tesla fashion there is no communication.

I think it will be quiet these next few weeks and maybe even this month if there was any sort of extended shutdown. I know many including my self have EDDs for this month. Not many VINs flying yet in the first few days of the year…

Also in Chicago. Tesla’s handle amazing isn’t he snow so I am actually the opposite. I want it sooner. Warmer car in the winter. Better handling in the winter.
I am with you ! Sure, I hated only having it shiny and clean for a couple of months before the winter hit but WOW what a winter car ! Preheats in minutes and it is a tractor. Yep, it looks like heck these days but no more freezing my butt off anytime 🙌

I am with you ! Sure, I hated only having it shiny and clean for a couple of months before the winter hit but WOW what a winter car ! Preheats in minutes and it is a tractor. Yep, it looks like heck these days but no more freezing my butt off anytime 🙌
Yeah I sold my model 3 in hopes to get this asap. The current car I’m driving while I wait is terrible cold and takes forever to warm up. Can’t wait for my model S to preheat every morning automatically

As a 2/2/21 RN11444 order, I hear you, fellow Marylander. I feel like I live OCONUS for all the love Tesla shows us right coasters.

We've gotta keep our solidarity in the face of all these Californians swooping in and snapping up our cars! ;)
Agree. About a month ago I noticed more deliveries to Texas. It seems like Tesla is ignoring deliveries to our DMV area. We are the forgotten mid-atlantic middle children :) . Where are you taking delivery from? I am taking delivery from Rockville SC.

Reactions: RxVanco
I thought I’d share a special anniversary with y‘all. At 5:00pm today, I’ll be celebrating my 200th day of waiting since placing my order. The simplest cheapest configuration looks to be the one that Tesla is having a hard time delivering. Oh well, it’s 7º outside now and everything is ice’d over in the Chicago area. I, for once hope the wait is continued now for at least another 30 days due to the frigid conditions. Waiting, at the moment, seems to be a good thing. Thank you Tesla! You are finally bending to my will…bwah ha ha ha…(insert evil monkey face here)…
We had a foot of snow in our immediate DC suburbs today. We are in Jan the doom month for weather here. It may not be ideal month to take delivery. But it is what it is I guess if they give us car in Jan.