Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They did say the new headlights would be in North America "soon". In Elon time that could mean anytime this year, or next year. I wouldn't reject a car over the new headlights. Hopefully, they could be a drop in replacement for the current ones. I didn't mind the current tail lights and don't like the deletion of the horizontal bar between them. Since the new tail light design also incorporates a larger ccs2 charging door, we may not see them here at all.

New taillights/rear too! Haven’t seen a good pic yet though.

1641907024328.jpeg

Taillights look 100% better without the bar cutting into them. Hopefully we'll see the conversion soon. The matching color spoiler is a nice change too!
Great! Now I'm already dissapointed with my pending delivery that will be outdated! ;-)

On another note, just added a trade-in last night to my reservation/order, it should be valued probably today or tomorrow. I'm wondering if that will help lock in the EDD a bit more. You think they would want to get cars out to those with solid trades/Teslas to trade in but perhaps not as we've seen on here as well.

Reactions: Cyb_ and rdmdriving
Great! Now I'm already dissapointed with my pending delivery that will be outdated! ;-)

On another note, just added a trade-in last night to my reservation/order, it should be valued probably today or tomorrow. I'm wondering if that will help lock in the EDD a bit more. You think they would want to get cars out to those with solid trades/Teslas to trade in but perhaps not as we've seen on here as well.
Make sure to shop around on your trade in value. Tesla is known to be the worst on trade in values. Carmax, Vroom, and Carvana are known for maximizing your profits.

They did say the new headlights would be in North America "soon". In Elon time that could mean anytime this year, or next year. I wouldn't reject a car over the new headlights. Hopefully, they could be a drop in replacement for the current ones. I didn't mind the current tail lights and don't like the deletion of the horizontal bar between them. Since the new tail light design also incorporates a larger ccs2 charging door, we may not see them here at all.
The article says the “near future”, I wonder what that means in Elon time.

I have an EDD for later this month, still a 4 week window with no VIN yet. If the rumours about the line retooling over Xmas are true, maybe I’ll get lucky. Not sure I’d refuse over it though, unless there’s very solid evidence they are imminent (others receiving them in newer VINs).

Reactions: rdmdriving
Taillights look 100% better without the bar cutting into them. Hopefully we'll see the conversion soon. The matching color spoiler is a nice change too!
I disagree. The tail lights look more like a model 3 now. I liked the horizontal bar. I liked that there were visual differences between their entry level and flagship sedans. Oh well, certainly not a deal breaker for me. I'll enjoy it no matter what the tail lights look like. I am hoping for the improved headlights though.

It'll be interesting to look at the newest Vin born on dates after Christmas or new years to see if any of these headlight or tail light changes were incorporated. Does anyone know if the factory shut down at all?
My build date was Jan 7th. I guess we will find out. The more i see the tail light setup the more i prefer the original. Maybe i'll get lucky and get New Headlights with old tail lights...

What I keep wondering, but not hearing, is if the refreshed taillights have an amber for a turn signal rather than red. Amber is so much better. I don’t care about any horizontal bar if the amber color has not been implemented. Additionally, the front headlights. The US has NOT yet allowed the functionality of the matrix design so any change that does not include the segmented matrix functionality would also not be a big deal. If you’ve seen the segmented matrix in operation, I believe Audi has it, it is an absolute wonder of light science and a complete solution to the blinding oncoming drivers issue as well as maximum visibility for the driver.

The US has NOT yet allowed the functionality of the matrix design so any change that does not include the segmented matrix functionality would also not be a big deal.
While it is true the the adaptive part can't currently be used in the US, the headlights on the S are rated horrible, and the new matrix lights, even without the adaptive feature working, will probably be rated much higher, like in the 3/Y. So they should be much better functionally.

While it is true the the adaptive part can't currently be used in the US, the headlights on the S are rated horrible, and the new matrix lights, even without the adaptive feature working, will probably be rated much higher, like in the 3/Y. So they should be much better functionally.
I certainly hope you’re right. A change for change sake makes no sense unless it has value.

Reactions: rdmdriving