Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know how often the EDD gets refreshed? I feel like I’ve only seen changes after 12am PST. Just curious if checking the EDD multiple times a day is a waste of my time lol
From what I've seen it's mostly random... I've woken up to new EDDs, I've also had new windows show up around dinner time. I would say that I generally see them earlier in the day pre-noon (EST).

Guys! Refresh is coming??? 😂

Attachments

• 3C7187AC-20CD-4543-AE4A-EF81ED66812A.jpeg
    3C7187AC-20CD-4543-AE4A-EF81ED66812A.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 114
From what I've seen it's mostly random... I've woken up to new EDDs, I've also had new windows show up around dinner time. I would say that I generally see them earlier in the day pre-noon (EST).
I used to see my changes after about 9:15 eastern. i think those were more for batch updates - 4 weeks, me clumped in with a bunch of others. i think more specific soft or even hard updates can come any time - i got my latest vin between 5:38pm and 9:30 p.m. (i was busy so coudn't check the app every half hour).
i will say, as the S starts to get more real, you can actually look for emails and texts (today i was texted, but not emailed, about my insurance info, which i previously supplied anyway).
mind you, once you get a vin, you don't check less, i'd the opposite, now whenever i have a chance i check the app - it's like breathing - i want to know when i have my delivery date (however, last time the text made me go to the app, and then schedule the date) - and even then, i was checking every few hours, until i saw the vin and delivery appointment disappear.
so, in conclusion, like voting, vote early, vote often; check early, check often :)
edit: PS - I think the updates are almost ALL automatic, so they could happen any time. I think the soft and then hard matches update based on events, logistics, etc. - so if a car gets to the location at sunday 9pm, i think it is possible that can update the system. ditto production for a VIN, etc.

Human beings love to find patterns in the world. "This almost always happens after these other things happen." We are pretty good at solving multi-dimensional problems like that when we know what all the dimensions are. In the case of Tesla deliveries, we do not have a good grasp of all the dimensions of the problem, so trying to solve the problem is impossible. Any patterns we do discern based on the past will probably fail for the next example.

I've put in a deposit for a Rivian R1S (SUV) which was $1000 refundable.

With my June delivery estimate (order in October 2021), the more I think about it, the more I realize that if I'm going to wait this long, what's another little while for something "better"?

I've been eyeing the Rivian R1S for a while since it can take the place of both my Honda Accord and BMW X5M (great daily and fast). The Model S won't replace my SUV. I also have a company car that I can use too (Hyundai Accent). I never gave it much thought since Rivian was "so far off", but it is getting closer. The pickup (R1T) version will definitely come sooner, but I'm probably okay waiting for the R1S and not getting the Tesla.

Anyway, I didn't cancel my order. Let's see what happens as I approach June.

I've put in a deposit for a Rivian R1S (SUV) which was $1000 refundable.

With my June delivery estimate (order in October 2021), the more I think about it, the more I realize that if I'm going to wait this long, what's another little while for something "better"?

I've been eyeing the Rivian R1S for a while since it can take the place of both my Honda Accord and BMW X5M (great daily and fast). The Model S won't replace my SUV. I also have a company car that I can use too (Hyundai Accent). I never gave it much thought since Rivian was "so far off", but it is getting closer. The pickup (R1T) version will definitely come sooner, but I'm probably okay waiting for the R1S and not getting the Tesla.

Anyway, I didn't cancel my order. Let's see what happens as I approach June.
I am on the same boat, sort of. Had a deposit on r1t and got an Edd (oct - dev) last week. Still keep my ms reservation at 80k msrp, figured I can drive it for a few months and sell without losing much.

Reactions: Wilber
Human beings love to find patterns in the world. "This almost always happens after these other things happen." We are pretty good at solving multi-dimensional problems like that when we know what all the dimensions are. In the case of Tesla deliveries, we do not have a good grasp of all the dimensions of the problem, so trying to solve the problem is impossible. Any patterns we do discern based on the past will probably fail for the next example.
Yes, people like the traditional scientific method. Observe, hypothesize, test. Tesla is more like a neutral net where you can't observe the rules.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Dang, got all excited when Tesla just called is find out it is just courtesy call for a new cyber truck order we aced last week - Ug!

Was told we are just waiting for a match soon and was able to enable a trade in without impacting EDD it seems.
My delivery just got scheduled for the 20th. I will be sure to update with any issues I may have and will one taking a lot of pictures. I hope you get your car soon! I have a feeling it's right around the corner for you.

Also! If you're ever in the area feel free to stop by and see the car! A really nice guy on here let me see his a couple weeks back and it's so beautiful.

My delivery just got scheduled for the 20th. I will be sure to update with any issues I may have and will one taking a lot of pictures. I hope you get your car soon! I have a feeling it's right around the corner for you.

Also! If you're ever in the area feel free to stop by and see the car! A really nice guy on here let me see his a couple weeks back and it's so beautiful.
Oh nice too, hope your delivery goes super smooth so report back on the Austin experience! I think the cream will look great, almost went with it and if did probably would have had delivery already ;-) too.