Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I didn't have much luck with carvana, varoom, etc. - my ICE was rear ended. Anyway, Tesla offered me about the same amount or actually slightly more.
I'm also on AutoTrader - the only guy i spoke with who wasn't a scammer doesn't seem interested - that's fine, AT let me get my FOMO out of the way, so I don't feel like I'm leaving money on the table.
Now for the pertinent parts:
1) an SA a week or so ago told me I should enter whether I was financing or not (I plan to finance, but had cash listed, thought that would make things go easier)
2) I had a quote for a trade in May that I thought was insulting and abysmal, and expired. So I had put down no car to trade in.
3) the aforementioned SA flipped a switch, I was able to input my car info, and voila - trade in is in there, and I can change my mind up until delivery
4) today I got a text that wanted to make sure Tesla was able to get the title from the ICE company after they pay it off, etc.
5) one advantage it seems of trading to Tesla, is I don't have to do very much. With AutoTrader I'm not sure if I would have had to pay off the ICE - i could, just didn't want to - with T, i'll just drive in the ICE, and drive out the T (unless I reject it, very low percent possiblity)
6) extra benefit - the Tesla trade offer keeps climbing up slightly. I don't know if they are actually offering a few hundred dollars more here and there, or if it is because as time goes on, I'm paying the ICE, and the amount owed is going down.
anyway, I wanted to share my experiece. IF i could make $1k or better elsewhere, I'd do it, but all things being equal, just driving in to Tesla is a lot less hasle than driving the car an hour away like givemethevin wanted.
Vroom offered me a MUCH better price than any other site/dealership and I actually just had the car picked up. Now to wait for the final inspection/payment but it seems to be a pretty smooth process so far.

Damn bruh. How are you still chill? I would be raging at the SC everyday.
Probably since I had my Model 3 with FSD Beta to hold me off. Now that it's gone, I'm feeling the heavy annoyance with New dates every 2-3 weeks since August. My SA stopped responding to my emails, which I sent 1 month apart. I think I have too much going on to have this affect me negatively, but I assure you I'm just as upset as most here.

FWIW I didn't have much luck with carvana, varoom, etc. - my ICE was rear ended. Anyway, Tesla offered me about the same amount or actually slightly more.
I'm also on AutoTrader - the only guy i spoke with who wasn't a scammer doesn't seem interested - that's fine, AT let me get my FOMO out of the way, so I don't feel like I'm leaving money on the table.
Now for the pertinent parts:
1) an SA a week or so ago told me I should enter whether I was financing or not (I plan to finance, but had cash listed, thought that would make things go easier)
2) I had a quote for a trade in May that I thought was insulting and abysmal, and expired. So I had put down no car to trade in.
3) the aforementioned SA flipped a switch, I was able to input my car info, and voila - trade in is in there, and I can change my mind up until delivery
4) today I got a text that wanted to make sure Tesla was able to get the title from the ICE company after they pay it off, etc.
5) one advantage it seems of trading to Tesla, is I don't have to do very much. With AutoTrader I'm not sure if I would have had to pay off the ICE - i could, just didn't want to - with T, i'll just drive in the ICE, and drive out the T (unless I reject it, very low percent possiblity)
6) extra benefit - the Tesla trade offer keeps climbing up slightly. I don't know if they are actually offering a few hundred dollars more here and there, or if it is because as time goes on, I'm paying the ICE, and the amount owed is going down.
anyway, I wanted to share my experiece. IF i could make $1k or better elsewhere, I'd do it, but all things being equal, just driving in to Tesla is a lot less hasle than driving the car an hour away like givemethevin wanted.
Were you only able to get a Trade-In number after getting your VIN? I can't even get a quote from the Tesla site for a trade-in because it says I'm outside my window?

• Informative
Reactions: rdmdriving
Vroom offered me a MUCH better price than any other site/dealership and I actually just had the car picked up. Now to wait for the final inspection/payment but it seems to be a pretty smooth process so far.
I sold my 2021 M3P to VROOM for 62k that I bought for 61.2k that had 3.6k miles on it.. whole process from start to money in account was about 10 days. Picking up car was longest part because there’s a driver shortage (go figure). Car was picked up Monday and money hit my account today. Still waiting for loan to be paid off but I’m guessing since they use plaid with my account it went way faster. Vroom was the highest offer by about 4k, Tesla offered me only 53k.

Last edited:
Damn it. I really want the new lights. Been on my wishlist since I ordered. Will probably hold/reject my current VIN. Waited this long already, rather wait longer to get everything I want. Also feels nice to be rejecting Tesla for once rather than the other way around.
Tesla won’t let me hold. Spoke to someone today. They said if I reject, I get one more go. But they’ll just assign the first available car. Looks like I’m likely taking delivery this Friday.

I’m in Louisville as well! I’ve only seen two refreshes here in Louisville. My sister has the only refresh X that Cinci has delivered and it’s here in Louisville. Have you seen many refreshes X/S?
I’ve seen one black one in Norton Commons. I would be lying if I didn’t stalk it for a few minutes

Tesla won’t let me hold. Spoke to someone today. They said if I reject, I get one more go. But they’ll just assign the first available car. Looks like I’m likely taking delivery this Friday.
Odd, I rejected two VINs (as soon as they were assigned) and put my car on hold for a month after that, without issue. I was traveling during the first VIN rejection and buying property during the second and Hold. My SA did say that there was some risk of cancellation… but it all worked out (no issues) and I got my VIN about a week after coming off of hold and picked my car up without issue (or price change, etc). Your mileage may vary, but I would suggest you speak to your SA’s manager or someone. Maybe dont use the “I want the new lights” as the reason.

All that said, no one knows how soon or long before we see the lights here.

I ordered FSD for my 2022 Model S. I have Enhanced Autopilot on our Model 3 and we love it.
With FSD, It’s crazy, but the Model S stops at Red lights and stop signs perfectly. When not on autopilot and I am stopped at a light, the car gives me a soft ding sound letting me know the light is green and to go. I am waiting to be let into the city driving beta program.

Rear cargo mats just came out.
I’m sure they’ll sell out.. just ordered one myself.

Also mud flaps! Model S Mud Flaps

Oddly enough, they are only selling front ones...

Here's the latest (I think it'll surprise most):

I ordered a Black / Black, No FSD, 21s back in August (RN1154). EDD has changed many times since, last one: Jan 14 - Feb 11. On a whim, I called local Tesla shop inquiring about any certainty within that range. Predictably, no certainty. I then inquired about LR inventory and, since I'm not fixated on any particular configuration other than 21s, they found me the ONE LR in California that was available. Long story short, I swapped order for the one in inventory and am picking it up tomorrow! Finally! BTW, the new one is White/Cream/21s.

Thanks! Got mine! :)

Reactions: flippingrich
Here's the latest (I think it'll surprise most):

I ordered a Black / Black, No FSD, 21s back in August (RN1154). EDD has changed many times since, last one: Jan 14 - Feb 11. On a whim, I called local Tesla shop inquiring about any certainty within that range. Predictably, no certainty. I then inquired about LR inventory and, since I'm not fixated on any particular configuration other than 21s, they found me the ONE LR in California that was available. Long story short, I swapped order for the one in inventory and am picking it up tomorrow! Finally! BTW, the new one is White/Cream/21s.

Were you able to receive it at the same price point from August? Or did you have to pay the updated price starting at $94,990?

These don’t looks like they fold up to allow access to the cargo area. Is that the case or is it just the images?

Were you able to receive it at the same price point from August? Or did you have to pay the updated price starting at $94,990?
Interestingly enough, I was asked to confirm that the old price was not going to be honored by way of text. Yet, when the actual change was made to my account, my old pricing did not change. SA said, "I'm not saying anything, but looks like it stayed the same." Go figure.