Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a voicemail from the local Tesla service center with a similar message, they said they noted that I indicated that I am not trading in a vehicle and that I should be hearing from them before Jan 20 to set up a delivery date. My delivery date just updated this past Saturday from Mar-Apr to Jan 20-Feb 2. It got me feeling like this new range may be legit, we'll see. RN 1153.

My dates shifted out 2 days but tightened up. Went from Jan 20-Feb 2 to Jan 22- Jan 28. White on cream, 19" wheels no FSD.

I wonder if the flood of people getting pushed over the last week or so is related to the "refresh of the refresh." Could be they are implementing the changes to the line now. Maybe in the end I'll be happy I got pushed...
I thought the same thing. I went to Tesla in Dublin California and there was only one model S there being delivered. Usually there are at least 10.

Some people have argued that Tesla is not pushing back the lower priced orders but I believe that they are based on what configurations are being delivered first. Today I went and looked at the Tesla Model S (formerly LR) order configurator and I think it’s interesting that if you want anything that costs any money (paint other than white, 21” wheels or interior color other than black) your date is July 2022 but if you were to just choose a white color with no other cost options then it’s November 2022. This is not a paint thing just add anything like wheels or paint or interior color and get a sooner ETA.

Just a funny realization I had, but tomorrow I pick up my S which means that not one of my EDDs from the past 8 months included a window of my actual delivery date. Monkey at his best!
Congratulations, great to see MSM configured LR being delivered in WA. Now if they would only give me a VIN as I entered my EDD today.

That's what I like to think, but I have white interior and I'm getting pushed back constantly and see people with lower configs than me and ordered after me get it before me in the Midwest.
if it makes you feel any better, I ordered a white/white 21" in early April and I'm finally getting delivery on Friday in So Cal. These things are getting drip fed, the bonus for you is that you have a much higher chance of having the updated head/tail lights.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Just a funny realization I had, but tomorrow I pick up my S which means that not one of my EDDs from the past 8 months included a window of my actual delivery date. Monkey at his best!
Congrats! When I saw your MSM/Blk/19 VIN I got excited. Alas! my EDD is pushed back this morning. Not sure what the deal is with MSM that they are not able to produce more cars.

if it makes you feel any better, I ordered a white/white 21" in early April and I'm finally getting delivery on Friday in So Cal. These things are getting drip fed, the bonus for you is that you have a much higher chance of having the updated head/tail lights.
Dang congrats. I ordered in January 2021 and my delivery date got pushed to now March 30 2022. No one can tell me why, but at least now I have the new taillights to look forward to. Sad part is I sold my Model 3 due to all the narrow delivery dates and now need to rent a car for 2 months. This reason alone is what turns Tesla fans into just a Tesla owner.

Dang congrats. I ordered in January 2021 and my delivery date got pushed to now March 30 2022. No one can tell me why, but at least now I have the new taillights to look forward to. Sad part is I sold my Model 3 due to all the narrow delivery dates and now need to rent a car for 2 months. This reason alone is what turns Tesla fans into just a Tesla owner.
Damn bruh. How are you still chill? I would be raging at the SC everyday.

Have you called the main line yet?

I am entering my EDD tomorrow and curious how yours will move.
Just got of phone with Tesla. They are telling me that it looks like they will be able match my configuration and get me a car by the end of January. Seeing a VIN is believing, so I don't really take much credence in anything they tell me at this point short of seeing a VIN. Hope you see some action tomorrow. Good luck.

Just got of phone with Tesla. They are telling me that it looks like they will be able match my configuration and get me a car by the end of January. Seeing a VIN is believing, so I don't really take much credence in anything they tell me at this point short of seeing a VIN. Hope you see some action tomorrow. Good luck.
Yep, anything short of an actual VIN should be taken with a huge grain of salt. In some cases, even a VIN doesn't tell you much until you have the car in your driveway. 😅

FWIW I didn't have much luck with carvana, varoom, etc. - my ICE was rear ended. Anyway, Tesla offered me about the same amount or actually slightly more.
I'm also on AutoTrader - the only guy i spoke with who wasn't a scammer doesn't seem interested - that's fine, AT let me get my FOMO out of the way, so I don't feel like I'm leaving money on the table.
Now for the pertinent parts:
1) an SA a week or so ago told me I should enter whether I was financing or not (I plan to finance, but had cash listed, thought that would make things go easier)
2) I had a quote for a trade in May that I thought was insulting and abysmal, and expired. So I had put down no car to trade in.
3) the aforementioned SA flipped a switch, I was able to input my car info, and voila - trade in is in there, and I can change my mind up until delivery
4) today I got a text that wanted to make sure Tesla was able to get the title from the ICE company after they pay it off, etc.
5) one advantage it seems of trading to Tesla, is I don't have to do very much. With AutoTrader I'm not sure if I would have had to pay off the ICE - i could, just didn't want to - with T, i'll just drive in the ICE, and drive out the T (unless I reject it, very low percent possiblity)
6) extra benefit - the Tesla trade offer keeps climbing up slightly. I don't know if they are actually offering a few hundred dollars more here and there, or if it is because as time goes on, I'm paying the ICE, and the amount owed is going down.
anyway, I wanted to share my experiece. IF i could make $1k or better elsewhere, I'd do it, but all things being equal, just driving in to Tesla is a lot less hasle than driving the car an hour away like givemethevin wanted.