Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i called Tesla again today to find out why my car still hasn't shipped and why i haven't gotten a text message to schedule a pick up.

I first got a girl who must have been new and tried to feed me some BS saying "it looks like your car has still not been built yet and it would have to be build before you can move on with you account." I kindly told her to she didn't know what the F she was talking about. Asked her to send me to someone else and she said she would have someone else call me but it wouldn't be till next day.

I then called again after hanging up with her and got the best Tesla Rep out there. He looked in my notes and found that someone had asked the Logistics dep. what was wrong with my delivery and there was a response yesterday. (Car has been sitting there for 17 days)
The response was that the Trucking Company refused to pick up the car and pretty much had told Tesla to go F themselves. They then scheduled for another company to pick up my car yesterday and it is scheduled to arrive at 1pm on Feb 9th.

This really sucks for my because my plans to pick up on Feb 1-5 is completely shot down the drain. The awesome Rep said he would add a note for them to expedite my delivery so that i can pick it up the same day it arrives as long as there are no issues. He also tried to ping the car but couldn't get connected. Seems to be a software issue on his end. Said he hadn't used it all day so it must have not been working for the day.

I live 2 hours away from the SC so i will need to rent a car for the trip...

TLDR:
I got forgotten and had to call till i found a few people that could get the ball rolling again.
New EDD showing today: Feb 7th -13th. Car is arriving at Feb 9th at 1pm.

Lessons learned: if you delivery is taking a while and you have a VIN, call them and have them ask logistics. If i hadn't kept calling, they would have forgotten me for a while.

So went in the local Tesla store late today to see if I could just drive away with my Model S, as it was going to snow tomorrow and I figured it may be ready.

Got lucky with the nicest SA who was able to secure the car for me and get it to me.

Didn't get a chance to do a thorough inspection there, but overall after looking at it at my house the build quality seems good, and only saw a minor loose bottom panel. Only thing else I noticed is that they gave me the summer tires and not all-season. Will report this in the app as they told me I have 24 hrs or 100 miles to do so.

Image attached and it is a joy to drive.

Got used to the yoke and really like it already! Need to just build the muscle memory for the blinkers and have only driven it for 30 mins. Still trying to learn all the other on screen software now.

Keep waiting guys it will be worth the wait! Hoping you all get it soon.
Congrats! Glad you got your car. What is the build date on your car? Thanks.

Reactions: rdmdriving
So i called Tesla again today to find out why my car still hasn't shipped and why i haven't gotten a text message to schedule a pick up.

I first got a girl who must have been new and tried to feed me some BS saying "it looks like your car has still not been built yet and it would have to be build before you can move on with you account." I kindly told her to she didn't know what the F she was talking about. Asked her to send me to someone else and she said she would have someone else call me but it wouldn't be till next day.

I then called again after hanging up with her and got the best Tesla Rep out there. He looked in my notes and found that someone had asked the Logistics dep. what was wrong with my delivery and there was a response yesterday. (Car has been sitting there for 17 days)
The response was that the Trucking Company refused to pick up the car and pretty much had told Tesla to go F themselves. They then scheduled for another company to pick up my car yesterday and it is scheduled to arrive at 1pm on Feb 9th.

This really sucks for my because my plans to pick up on Feb 1-5 is completely shot down the drain. The awesome Rep said he would add a note for them to expedite my delivery so that i can pick it up the same day it arrives as long as there are no issues. He also tried to ping the car but couldn't get connected. Seems to be a software issue on his end. Said he hadn't used it all day so it must have not been working for the day.

I live 2 hours away from the SC so i will need to rent a car for the trip...

TLDR:
I got forgotten and had to call till i found a few people that could get the ball rolling again.
New EDD showing today: Feb 7th -13th. Car is arriving at Feb 9th at 1pm.

Lessons learned: if you delivery is taking a while and you have a VIN, call them and have them ask logistics. If i hadn't kept calling, they would have forgotten me for a while.
This is outrageous. Glad to hear you got it resolved and things are moving forward. I'm really curious why the trucking company flat out refused to take a specific vehicle.

Have you asked if they can do home delivery to save you the cost of a rental/gas? I'm skeptical, but it's worth a try. I'm not sure what the current limitation on deliveries is, but I recall when I bought my 2019 M3P in May of that year, the guy that delivered it said he had deliveries as far as the eastern shore (this is easily a 3+ hour drive from my SC). Kinda makes me miss the days when Tesla was a "little guy", and cared more about incentivizing customer loyalty.

So today I was getting the paperwork assembled to get my car loan going. Now that I have a VIN and short delivery week of Feb 8-12, its time to do all this stuff. I am using DCU for my car loan and they require a copy of the Sales Agreement or MVPA. So I figure out how to find that on my account on the Tesla webpage and looking it over I am seeing a new charge called "Tire Fee". Its only $6.00 but was never there before.
So what is a tire fee? Anyone else seen this?

So lets list all the things we purchased for a car we do not have:
Wall charger, electrician installation and sub panel for charger
Pucks
Floor mats
CF overlay for center console
Mud Flaps
Torque Wrench (read that the wheels may not be properly torqued)
SSD to plug in for Senty mode
Charger adapters to plug into the mobile charger
What about you guys?

Wall charger
Tesmanian Floor mats, full vehicle
Tesla Front Mud Flaps
TWRAPS: Trunk Letters + Emblems, Calipers Vinyl Covers, Rain Shield, Screen Protector

So today I was getting the paperwork assembled to get my car loan going. Now that I have a VIN and short delivery week of Feb 8-12, its time to do all this stuff. I am using DCU for my car loan and they require a copy of the Sales Agreement or MVPA. So I figure out how to find that on my account on the Tesla webpage and looking it over I am seeing a new charge called "Tire Fee". Its only $6.00 but was never there before.
I think that's a fee to pay for (proper) tire disposal. In Tennessee we are also charged that fee when purchasing new tires.

So I took the 8 hour Amtrak, they confirmed car would be ready. Showed up with my wife and infant and they said the firmware is still installing and not ready for another several “hours”, maybe days? I gave them a hard time, no cars to loan available. So they’re giving me Uber credits. Guess who’s taking Uber Black XL all around town? This guy

It's a normal state fee at least in MD. I was charged $3 on my crosstrek in 2019 and Ascent last year.

Called my SA yesterday and he was very transparent and helpful. Said my car was expected to arrive Feb 4th and I should get my VIN in about a week. He also mentioned most of the delays are due to the shortage of 19" tires which I haven't heard before. So looks like I'm close to the finish line, fingers crossed!
The shortage of 19" is Deja vu to mid last year when they were only shipping 21" for a while. I am not surprised as the 19"s are AS and a better ride than the 21"s

So I took the 8 hour Amtrak, they confirmed car would be ready. Showed up with my wife and infant and they said the firmware is still installing and not ready for another several “hours”, maybe days? I gave them a hard time, no cars to loan available. So they’re giving me Uber credits. Guess who’s taking Uber Black XL all around town? This guy
From your experience here and my prior experience with the same type of firmware issue. My question would be why are they scheduling a vehicle for delivery that's not deliverable yet? Tesla's courting failure here.
I really hope this works out better for you and your family then it did for me.

I’m in the same situation. Came from Buffalo and stuck at Tesla Brooklyn. Yesterday they told me that they were not able to deliver the car by afternoon since “software update issue”. Last night, they confirmed that the car was ready for pickup so I came again today, and be told it is still “installing” and I might not be able to get it today. Are they going to keep using the “software” issue to delay my delivery days and days? Who knows. I called off from work for two days and because of the blizzard, I might be stuck in the city for the whole weekend.

Now I have to deal with my boss and also this “Software” issue.

I’m in the same situation. Came from Buffalo and stuck at Tesla Brooklyn. Yesterday they told me that they were not able to deliver the car by afternoon since “software update issue”. Last night, they confirmed that the car was ready for pickup so I came again today, and be told it is still “installing” and I might not be able to get it today. Are they going to keep using the “software” issue to delay my delivery days and days? Who knows. I called off from work for two days and because of the blizzard, I might be stuck in the city for the whole weekend.

Now I have to deal with my boss and also this “Software” issue.
I'm from Buffalo too! RN1161, got an inventory MSM/Cream/19/FSD (NF467, built Jan 15), set up a delivery appointment for Sunday two weeks ago, got told yesterday that the car won't even be at Mt. Kisco until Monday, which I can't do because I have to be back in Buffalo for work on Monday. The last known location of the car is Milpitas, CA...so they don't know where it is right now. On top of that, I've been begging to see if they are going to give me all-season tires because it's like 6 degrees in Buffalo, and summers won't do well. I keep getting the runaround, with some advisors saying it should be no problem to swap, and then another one stating that they can't do the swap unless there's a service center visit. In their own manual they state don't use summer tires in cold weather/ice/snow lol.

Finally opted for carrier direct like I did with my previous Model 3 and well....still waiting on answers to my questions.

Last edited: