Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My "next steps" on my account are to supply the insurance with the VIN, but of course I do not have a VIN yet to complete that step. I'm just trying to make sure there is nothing else I can do/should do to expedite the process. So, specifically, I'm trying to confirm that I can't do anything with the insurance or with the payment (paying cash) until I get a VIN. Also, how do I get in touch with my SA? I have never had any contact with anyone at Tesla other than through the ordering process on the website. Thanks!
I had all these exact same thoughts and concerns yesterday. I had not heard from anyone at Tesla since my order. My online account was showing the same as yours.

I called the Service Center where my scheduled pickup will occur and spoke to someone there. They were able to pull up my info and reassure me that all that I can do at the moment is done. They’re just waiting on the cars.

The Service Center also confirmed that they likely will not have any inventory of refreshed Ss until September or later. I just want an opportunity to look inside this $80k car that I bought sight unseen. :eek:

My delivery was canceled tomorrow. Something wrong with the car and they won't deliver. VIN removed and they are looking for a new car. Frustrating because the car was here, but I am glad they are committed to a quality product. I've waited since October, guess I can wait a little longer
God bless, that’s a tough one. Hang in there

Really? I'm 1141 and still waiting. I'm the grandfather of this thread.

HAHA! Yes, yes you are. Soon…
I find the naive optimism of these new order folks endearing.

I updated to arachnids. It's what we ordered originally and there's a chance it gets me a car sooner. Win win.

I’m not naive, but I am optimistic. I ordered my Y on a 5/25 and it delivered 5/28. Had to skip it due to not having my trades title. I know thats the Y, and this is the S, but I’m still a firm believer these things will deliver quicker than they have for you old timers. Reason why? They are making them now. Thats a hell of a start seeing they weren’t from Jan until June. LOL

Reactions: Drew-MS
HAHA! Yes, yes you are. Soon…

I’m not naive, but I am optimistic. I ordered my Y on a 5/25 and it delivered 5/28. Had to skip it due to not having my trades title. I know thats the Y, and this is the S, but I’m still a firm believer these things will deliver quicker than they have for you old timers. Reason why? They are making them now. Thats a hell of a start seeing they weren’t from Jan until June. LOL
Production is going to accelerate rapidly at the beginning of Q3. Patience, grasshoppers. SLR deliveries about to kick into high gear...21s and 19s. “Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” – George Bernard Shaw

Can you share any interior photos when you get some downtime?

I have a black interior. Attached a couple photos below, can post more when I get a chance.

Attachments

• DC3E6506-99D2-4F12-902C-C1EB2F5AC025.jpeg
    DC3E6506-99D2-4F12-902C-C1EB2F5AC025.jpeg
    524.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 32218B1B-4E79-4784-BEBB-59CD2309256B.jpeg
    32218B1B-4E79-4784-BEBB-59CD2309256B.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 62
I have a black interior. Attached a couple photos below, can post more when I get a chance.
Can you confirm if the car has any ambient light strips? I saw some people saying that the wood trim has some lines in the middle, that look like there might be a light behind them but I haven't yet seen a picture in the dark with anything other than the standard white light bulbs.

Can you confirm if the car has any ambient light strips? I saw some people saying that the wood trim has some lines in the middle, that look like there might be a light behind them but I haven't yet seen a picture in the dark with anything other than the standard white light bulbs.
There are some rumors that the single piece of plastic (glass?) across the instrumental cluster going towards the passenger side MIGHT have something. Nothing yet that can be seen (or enabled). And there were rumors of it being along the silver trim - that also seems to have turned out not to be true. There are aftermarket options.

WTF. I had a VIN and a delivery date for next week. An MVPA. Loan documents signed. VIN is now gone. Tesla said it was given to someone else in CA to prioritize EOQ deliveries and says that I'll get another VIN.... Soon. Ouch.
I hate to say this is one-offs, but it is not. And honestly, that is par for the course for Tesla. At least they were honest? Sorry man!

Thanks to all sharing their experiences on the yoke. I ordered in late May / early June (RN1151) but I am still on the fence because of the price point and the yoke steering. I am also looking at 100d models around 2017 - 2018 to save around 20-25k. So all your experiences are very good data points for me. Hoping to test drive the new model soon.
I just turned in my 2018 100D for the LR refresh. There is no comparison the refresh is much better in terms on handling, ride comfort, road noise, features, and acceleration. The yoke takes a few minutes to get used to and then you might like it better.

I think they stopped the swag when they introduced the model three. When I got my 2017 MS delivered, I got a coffee mug, a hen, an umbrella, and my wife convinced him to give me a Tesla hat. I have heard that others got really nice jackets. Today, I’m told it’s nada.
A hen?! Damn. I would not let that animal in my white Model S. Free or not.