Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also found this link on the other thread and was glad to see it. Thanks for starting it. However when I try and find it again I can’t so I have to find the link on the other thread. Can someone tell me how to find it directly. ord. 2/4/2021 1144. LR. White/black with fsd. Delivery Santa Barbara. Est. Dates went thru all the months. Was June till a week ago now blank
Never mind. I found it. Thanks

There’s more to it than that. Sure, short term gain, but long term customer dissatisfaction. This experience may be my last with Tesla. I have a Roadster reservation, but given recent comments by Musk I’m not so sure that was a wise decision. Canceling Plaid+, saying 400 mile range is all you need, and demonstating they’ll make long suffering reservation holders wait to move metal to Johnny come lately. Tesla needs to keep customers tied to brand long term. This isn’t how to do it.
I'm with you there. Tesla is taking the position that the vehicles themselves will engender brand loyalty with no need to provide a good customer experience. Based on all the fanboys on Twitter and Teslarati, that certainly seems to be the case. I'm at an age where I will likely drive this LR into the sunset but for all the "young 'uns" I hope for quick progression of the EV market to make Tesla sit up and take notice.

Order: RN1144 | Order Date: 1/28 | Order Location: Connecticut (pickup Mt Kisko, NT | Order Model: LR | Order Color: Red/White Interior | CURRENT DELIVERY WINDOW: Blank

Request:
Can we keep this thread free of the spam that filled the other delivery thread. Some of us like to come here to get updates and not have to read through pages of crap to try and find it.
I have the same order prefix, order date, and p/u location. I ordered black on black with FSD and arachnid wheels. No date on my order page. It went from March to June to August to June to July, back to June, and now nothing...very frustrating, and Tesla CS has been ZERO help. I did get one pretty cool guy who has been fielding calls from angry order holders, and he was as in the dark as I was. I'm a stockholder, a huge Elon fan, and can't wait for the car...checking the site multiple times per day (I feel like a kid at Christmas, but whenever it gets close, they bump it a month:) but this has been a horrendous CS experience. You'd think they'd just come clean, own it and get us a real delivery date. Apparently, nothing happens until a VIN is generated. Keep me posted, and I'll do the same. Have you heard of anyone taking delivery of an LR yet?

I have the same order prefix, order date, and p/u location. I ordered black on black with FSD and arachnid wheels. No date on my order page. It went from March to June to August to June to July, back to June, and now nothing...very frustrating, and Tesla CS has been ZERO help. I did get one pretty cool guy who has been fielding calls from angry order holders, and he was as in the dark as I was. I'm a stockholder, a huge Elon fan, and can't wait for the car...checking the site multiple times per day (I feel like a kid at Christmas, but whenever it gets close, they bump it a month:) but this has been a horrendous CS experience. You'd think they'd just come clean, own it and get us a real delivery date. Apparently, nothing happens until a VIN is generated. Keep me posted, and I'll do the same. Have you heard of anyone taking delivery of an LR yet?
No LRs have been delivered if you go by TMC. Only Plaids. Mules in the wild probably.

Reactions: HumanInput
Personally I think it's all economics. If you have a shortage of parts that go into either a Plaid or an LR, wouldn't you put those parts in the higher-margin vehicle first, especially this close to end-of-quarter? Even if there's thousands more LRs on order than Plaids, prioritizing short-supply parts to vehicles based on profits is understandable. Do I feel disrespected? Of course. Is there a better value for the money? I don't think so. So I begrudgingly stick around waiting for the day LR purchasers merit attention.
🎯

There are two or three forum members on the other TMC Model S Delivery board with June 26-30 delivery dates for their LRs, so in short order we should see some deliveries. I’d say an estimated delivery date is useless but when it’s there just a week or two away you would think it might hold this time. Those are CA deliveries by the way, which probably helps those customers.

There are two or three forum members on the other TMC Model S Delivery board with June 26-30 delivery dates for their LRs, so in short order we should see some deliveries. I’d say an estimated delivery date is useless but when it’s there just a week or two away you would think it might hold this time. Those are CA deliveries by the way, which probably helps those customers.
I don't believe those 2 or 3 others have LR VINS. I thought they were Plaid.

What do you think it means for the people that have no delivery date or month? I'm an RN1141 and I was hoping it meant that instead of telling me a month down the road, it meant it could be delivered at any time and basically "be ready". Am I dreaming?
Mine yo-yo'd again and is back to just "June." I keep looking for your posts because with our order similarities I figure as soon as one of us hears the other will, too.

👍

I don't believe those 2 or 3 others have LR VINS. I thought they were Plaid.
No VINs yet, just estimated June 26-30. Like I said, take it with a grain of salt although being so close might hold. One was Twizzly, another in San Diego and one in Sherman Oaks. We will know in a week or so if they don’t get VINs by then, it’s the same old monkey at the controls.

It seems Tesla really doesn't care about our business. More EV options are being announced every week. I am thinking I should cancel my order out of principle. Why award a company that thinks it is okay to treat customers like this.
This would great if there were at least 1 or 2 alternatives that you liked equally well. My intuition says that it is not that they don't care, they simply are too busy to devote proper resources to customer service. When I sift through the cars I would like even equally well, my mind stops with Porsche,,,,,,, and even then I would be getting less acceleration and paying a lot more money.

This would great if there were at least 1 or 2 alternatives that you liked equally well. My intuition says that it is not that they don't care, they simply are too busy to devote proper resources to customer service. When I sift through the cars I would like even equally well, my mind stops with Porsche,,,,,,, and even then I would be getting less acceleration and paying a lot more money.
And the thoughts of having to rely on Electrify America on long trips kind of scares me based on all the YouTube videos on charging issues, even the recent ones. This was the main reason I didn't go with the 4S when I test drove it, even though I liked the car.

And the thoughts of having to rely on Electrify America on long trips kind of scares me based on all the YouTube videos on charging issues, even the recent ones. This was the main reason I didn't go with the 4S when I test drove it, even though I liked the car.
This was 100% of the reason I didn't wait for the E-Tron GT (despite driving Audis for the past 20+ years) The supercharger network is the main reason I went with Tesla.

I think they are making and delivering as many plaids as they are. Deliveries that happen this month help Elon have a better 2nd quarterly earnings call.

I think that there will be many LR’s delivered in July. I do feel like an idiot trying to make rhyme or reason as to what dictates deliveries? Getting inside Elon’s mind isn’t easy. Maybe John Malkovich could help me out? But I really don’t want to end up on NJ Turnpike

• Funny
Reactions: Danlbrau
As a blind shot in the dark I sent an tweet/dm to mars blog to see if he can find out more info on production of LR since he seems to have elon's ear

I find it pathetic that doing above is one of the few ways to get info from tesla. I dont think my ask will go any where since I don't have much clot on twitter or an influencer

Last edited:
Reactions: (crunch)
I don't think any of us are asking for new information daily, but no new information on delivery dates for months and months is just unacceptable. Missing a delivery target by over 90 days warrants some communication and sadly for many of us there has been none. For me, the supercharger network is Tesla's biggest advantage. I have preordered the Hummer EV SUV and perhaps I should keep my 2018 Model S until it arrives.

I actually feel sorry for Tesla Sales Associates. They know nothing yet they work for and represent the company. I just ping'd the chat resource on the Tesla website, as I do about once a month. My Feb 15 order (RN1145) for a LR 19"/white/cream is going to be ready before the Sept/Oct timeframe. That's rather useless, and the sales associate admitted as much.

I actually feel sorry for Tesla Sales Associates. They know nothing yet they work for and represent the company. I just ping'd the chat resource on the Tesla website, as I do about once a month. My Feb 15 order (RN1145) for a LR 19"/white/cream is going to be ready before the Sept/Oct timeframe. That's rather useless, and the sales associate admitted as much.
How confident do you feel about them saying "before"? That is the first I have seen some sort of "definitive" timeframe. It is not a date, but it is before a date window.