Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen pics of a LR? I can't find anything. One of y'all lucky enough to be getting deliveries this weekend. Please take some pics! :) The white interior curious what the walnut actually comes out as and still curious what the buttons say for drive mode on the settings screen.

Has anyone who has taken delivery of a LR posted any pictures? Any 19" delivered yet? I delayed my delivery unknowingly by wanting white interior and 19" wheels for longest distance.... I posted this and did not see the similar request from doubleshot immediately above... piling on...
Yes there have been LR deliveries and photos. @ppats87 has one. Search their profile and this thread.

edit: just scroll up. There photos.

for clarity, no 19s have been delivered.

Delivery Day in Massachusetts

LR with 21”, Black and Cream interior, FSD

Delivery was an easy experience, we had no trade in and purchased on a lease….some paperwork to sign and then accept delivery in the Tesla app.

The Black is really strinking with the black door handles and black-ish 21” wheels

Cream interior a nice contrast - and wow the new interior in person is even more engaging than in video/photo…driving position with Yoke is good with lots of visibility - more on yoke later.

The minor design changes, and slightly wider body make an impact especially from the front view.

And yeah the Yoke - well on the road I had pretty much no issues really due to the wonderful videos that the first 25 have posted - thank you all - just following how you have done it made a big difference. I really noticed how easy the Yoke is on the freeway - actually less stress than a full wheel - and the visibility !!!

As the cameras calibrate - some done and some coming - the ’press the scroll wheel for autopilot‘ ideal makes it even easier to turn it on and off regularly in the drive.

Performance. Well Sport mode is fast, and Insane faster..Ive got a draggy on order and will post results early next week, and yes the LR has Drag Strip Mode although I haven’t used it yet.

Some images attached here - any questions let me know

Are rear seats perforated too? Someone mentioned only in plaid. Hoping they are for consistency

Delivery was an easy experience, we had no trade in and purchased on a lease….some paperwork to sign and then accept delivery in the Tesla app.

The Black is really strinking with the black door handles and black-ish 21” wheels

Cream interior a nice contrast - and wow the new interior in person is even more engaging than in video/photo…driving position with Yoke is good with lots of visibility - more on yoke later.

The minor design changes, and slightly wider body make an impact especially from the front view.

And yeah the Yoke - well on the road I had pretty much no issues really due to the wonderful videos that the first 25 have posted - thank you all - just following how you have done it made a big difference. I really noticed how easy the Yoke is on the freeway - actually less stress than a full wheel - and the visibility !!!

As the cameras calibrate - some done and some coming - the ’press the scroll wheel for autopilot‘ ideal makes it even easier to turn it on and off regularly in the drive.

Performance. Well Sport mode is fast, and Insane faster..Ive got a draggy on order and will post results early next week, and yes the LR has Drag Strip Mode although I haven’t used it yet.

Does the paint on the lower front bumper and bottom of the door look that way due to the angle? Looks waxed without the wax removed.

Lighting? Angle? Film?

I’ve been logging in and checking my account no more than 8 times a day so as not to be too neurotic. Low and behold, my birthday came 4 days early!!

Order date 3/6. RN1146. Originally 4-11 weeks, then August, June, blank, August, June, blank for a long time.
Oh man, rn1146 getting close! My neurotic status checking about to go into overdrive. Congrats!!!

congrats, looks gorgeous! Would love more input on the yoke when you can - especially if you’re in a mix of city and suburban environments.

Hows the ride on our awesome New England highways? As quiet and smooth as the Plaid folks have reported?

enjoy the car!

So I ordered 4/25 RN 1148, Red/black/arachnid/no fsd, after 8-10 weeks, July, August, Blank for over a month, I figured it wasnt coming anytime soon, so i was making a change to MSM, my SA says it will put me in the back of line. He told me its like getting a ticket at the deli, waiting an hour and starting over again, but change confirmed in about 24 hours and August delivery showing.

So I ordered 4/25 RN 1148, Red/black/arachnid/no fsd, after 8-10 weeks, July, August, Blank for over a month, I figured it wasnt coming anytime soon, so i was making a change to MSM, my SA says it will put me in the back of line. He told me its like getting a ticket at the deli, waiting an hour and starting over again, but change confirmed in about 24 hours and August delivery showing.
Hearing this gives me a little hope that my forever blank status is going to be the July to all these cars changing and getting August as a delivery date

Reactions: gadelrosario
Are rear seats perforated too? Someone mentioned only in plaid. Hoping they are for consistency
Same as front - the middle section of the seat is perforated - but the edges are not

see this image of the back seat

Attachments

• D1F48D5D-ECAB-4C8F-AE3B-188D2443EEEE.jpeg
    D1F48D5D-ECAB-4C8F-AE3B-188D2443EEEE.jpeg
    506.7 KB · Views: 108
congrats, looks gorgeous! Would love more input on the yoke when you can - especially if you’re in a mix of city and suburban environments.

Hows the ride on our awesome New England highways? As quiet and smooth as the Plaid folks have reported?

enjoy the car!
yep pretty quite on 95 and also on the side streets - i have the suspension set to Auto - but Comfort is pretty smooth..

on the yoke - for me after watching a few videos of some of the best ways to do ‘hand over hand over yoke’ then its easy from then on - and frankly the visiblity you get is worth a slightly different approach

no issues with indicator buttons

Just an update for everyone going through the process:
  • Received a VIN yesterday evening
  • Spoke with my SA this morning, he said the car is still in Fremont and he’ll work to get the payment form up on my account so I can pay.
  • Looks like I’ll be receiving delivery on the 30th, but we’ll see if that sticks.
  • And for those that have been worried about dates in the account, I wouldn’t lend too much validity to them. Mine went to August, only to go back to June 25-30 with a VIN 24 hours later.
When did you order yours?

Reactions: Sbaimo
yep pretty quite on 95 and also on the side streets - i have the suspension set to Auto - but Comfort is pretty smooth..

on the yoke - for me after watching a few videos of some of the best ways to do ‘hand over hand over yoke’ then its easy from then on - and frankly the visiblity you get is worth a slightly different approach

no issues with indicator buttons
Which videos did you find the most helpful? For those of us still waiting, would be good to get prepared.

For me, red and 19” are the sticking points. So not holding my breath!

Reactions: gadelrosario

Beautiful ride! First I’m reading the LR refresh comes with Sport, Insane and Drag strip driving modes as opposed to just Chill and Standard like previous models. Would you mind posting a screenshot?

Beautiful ride! First I’m reading the LR refresh comes with Sport, Insane and Drag strip driving modes as opposed to just Chill and Standard like previous models. Would you mind posting a screenshot?
See attached photo

and YES before you ask - the Drag Strip Mode = Cheetah Mode!

Attachments

• 18A40CA7-4C6D-4AD4-A2EB-9E1288989286.jpeg
    18A40CA7-4C6D-4AD4-A2EB-9E1288989286.jpeg
    627.6 KB · Views: 93