Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im so tempted to change mine as well, but my SA I called to do so today stated it wouldnt do any good in my case and another SA emailed and stated the same. 4,500 bucks for 21s in Rhode Island (cold and potholes) might not be my smartest move. But.... BUT.... I want the car asap. LOL

They don’t really know what they’re talking about - when I called the store to make this change the woman told me no LRs were being produced until September and that config didn’t matter. But at least she submitted the change for me. My assigned SA finally got back to me this morning, I guess he hadn’t responded because he doesn’t work Thursdays and Fridays. He seemed to have just learned that they were delivering LRs. I think he was surprised that I got a VIN so quickly too.

I think Fremont is only producing certain specs and just pumping out as many as they can, so they’re catching up on the backlog *for those specs*. Of course, you should get what you want. It’s funny, I originally picked the 19s because I didn’t think the silver Arachnids were appealing enough to be worth the range loss, but then they changed them to dark Gray which I think works much better. Still a tricky trade-off, but I think I’ll be happy with this outcome.

They don’t really know what they’re talking about - when I called the store to make this change the woman told me no LRs were being produced until September and that config didn’t matter. But at least she submitted the change for me. My assigned SA finally got back to me this morning, I guess he hadn’t responded because he doesn’t work Thursdays and Fridays. He seemed to have just learned that they were delivering LRs. I think he was surprised that I got a VIN so quickly too.

I think Fremont is only producing certain specs and just pumping out as many as they can, so they’re catching up on the backlog *for those specs*. Of course, you should get what you want. It’s funny, I originally picked the 19s because I didn’t think the silver Arachnids were appealing enough to be worth the range loss, but then they changed them to dark Gray which I think works much better. Still a tricky trade-off, but I think I’ll be happy with this outcome.

I asked about the "issue with 19s" and SA I verbally spoke with said there was a bulletin out that no Tempest wheels were being delivered at the moment. They did state they are delivering LRs but only for those whom had reservations for a good while. Those whom update to 21s from 19s in that case might push themselves up, but in my case, where I ordered only a week ago, it wont matter but maybe a week, two, or three max they stated.

Again, SAs know just about what we know... LOL, but seems logical for my case at least.

I asked about the "issue with 19s" and SA I verbally spoke with said there was a bulletin out that no Tempest wheels were being delivered at the moment. They did state they are delivering LRs but only for those whom had reservations for a good while. Those whom update to 21s from 19s in that case might push themselves up, but in my case, where I ordered only a week ago, it wont matter but maybe a week, two, or three max they stated.

Again, SAs know just about what we know... LOL, but seems logical for my case at least.

Ah, yeah that makes sense. My order was from Feb, so assuming they factored that in, it’s conceivable that by the time they get to your order they’ll be shipping cars with the new 19s on them.

FWIW I called Tesla earlier today (I really want to get a test drive so I’m checking on that, not my delivery date). @Jaenonymous, The SA told me there was NO bulletin on Tempest wheels and she didn’t know any reason 19s and 21s wouldn’t be delivered at the same time. You just have to laugh right?

more importantly for my purposes, once the EOQ push is over there should be test vehicles available quickly. Hoping to get behind the… yoke… in a week or two.

Reactions: cwanja
I’ve been logging in and checking my account no more than 8 times a day so as not to be too neurotic. Low and behold, my birthday came 4 days early!!

Order date 3/6. RN1146. Originally 4-11 weeks, then August, June, blank, August, June, blank for a long time.
I get contacted today that my delivery date is now June 29-30. Downside is that I’m out of the country until July 3. SA says they probably can’t hold until next quarter. WTF? I’ve been without a car since my M3 was totaled in February, so I’m desperate. They say they can drop car at my house. A little unnerving to take delivery of a $100k car without being there, but I’m doing it. Wish me luck.

“No Tempest wheels were being delivered at the moment”.

That wording isn’t the same as “no Tempest wheels are available”. Hopefully after they’ve figured out they’ve cajoled as many Tempest orders to Arachind as they can they’ll unlock that supply.

Does the paint on the lower front bumper and bottom of the door look that way due to the angle? Looks waxed without the wax removed.

Lighting? Angle? Film?
This why I won't post any pictures of my S when it comes tomorrow. I will probably be thrilled with the car and then someone on this forum will point out that a piece of molding around the window isn't exactly even or some bullsugar like that. Or the hoodnis not aligned perfectly. If I am happy with my car, I really don't want Debbie downer make me think of some imperfection that didn't bother me before the critics looked it over.

I have waited too long for this car to not enjoy it.

Delivery Day in Massachusetts

LR with 21”, Black and Cream interior, FSD

Delivery was an easy experience, we had no trade in and purchased on a lease….some paperwork to sign and then accept delivery in the Tesla app.

The Black is really strinking with the black door handles and black-ish 21” wheels

Cream interior a nice contrast - and wow the new interior in person is even more engaging than in video/photo…driving position with Yoke is good with lots of visibility - more on yoke later.

The minor design changes, and slightly wider body make an impact especially from the front view.

And yeah the Yoke - well on the road I had pretty much no issues really due to the wonderful videos that the first 25 have posted - thank you all - just following how you have done it made a big difference. I really noticed how easy the Yoke is on the freeway - actually less stress than a full wheel - and the visibility !!!

As the cameras calibrate - some done and some coming - the ’press the scroll wheel for autopilot‘ ideal makes it even easier to turn it on and off regularly in the drive.

Performance. Well Sport mode is fast, and Insane faster..Ive got a draggy on order and will post results early next week, and yes the LR has Drag Strip Mode although I haven’t used it yet.

Some images attached here - any questions let me know
congrats big time. my car is very similar except white int instead of cream. I can't wait until tomorrow. Cheers mate

This why I won't post any pictures of my S when it comes tomorrow. I will probably be thrilled with the car and then someone on this forum will point out that a piece of molding around the window isn't exactly even or some bullsugar like that. Or the hoodnis not aligned perfectly. If I am happy with my car, I really don't want Debbie downer make me think of some imperfection that didn't bother me before the critics looked it over.

No!!! Got to see that tuxedo config tomorrow.

Definitely agree with @cwanja , want to see the tuxedo config since i opted for the same!!!

Reactions: cwanja
Im so tempted to change mine as well, but my SA I called to do so today stated it wouldnt do any good in my case and another SA emailed and stated the same. 4,500 bucks for 21s in Rhode Island (cold and potholes) might not be my smartest move. But.... BUT.... I want the car asap. LOL
Look at that, we were waiting for our model 3s together last fall. Glad to see you hanging around!

Reactions: JaeTheDev

Hahaha I get that and totally understandable.

WeI’ve all seen plenty of pics and @omarsultan has done yeoman work as the early adopter, so enjoy your new car and check back in when that ear to ear grin has subsided!

Last edited:
WeI’ve all seen plenty of pics and @omarsultan has done yeoman work as the early adopter, so enjoy your new car and check back in when that ear to ear grin has subsided!
I kind of feel bad about not posting pics. I have loved the support and info that I have received from this forum. I will make it up some other way. I will post about any little nuances I encounter or discover (although Omar has been so thorough I don't know if I will find anything new) on my LR. I sam very happy that so many people who have been waiting so long, are finally getting delivery dates. It is great

I kind of feel bad about not posting pics. I have loved the support and info that I have received from this forum. I will make it up some other way. I will post about any little nuances I encounter or discover (although Omar has been so thorough I don't know if I will find anything new) on my LR. I sam very happy that so many people who have been waiting so long, are finally getting delivery dates. It is great
Just post the most potato photo ever. Then people will bitch about the quality of the photo as opposed to your car 👍🏼👌🏼

I’m RN1144 and no delivery date in sight, not even an estimated month. I have the 19” wheels though…which will be immediately changed to 21s after delivery but I just don’t like the Arachnids. Temped to change to them to get faster delivery but now quite with the $4500 to get a faster delivery.
Really hoping that as soon as Q2 ends, they will start shipping the 19" wheels. Just trying to make good end of quarter numbers with the higher margin product.