Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a plaid on GW parkway this morning. Blue with black.
Id be lying if every s I see my eyes don't go straight to the wheel and if I see their hands through the windshield up top I know its not a yoke and my blood pressure drops. The first yoke I see will be a gut punch. Plaids fine I understand I guess, the push for eoq higher margin. Let's hope LR's 19s are coming in july to md. Would upgrade if there was communication that "yes we changed the 19s and don't have enough, care to give us 4500 and upgrade to 21s?!" At this point I would pay $4500 to have the car within the next month delivered with no wheels.

• Funny
Reactions: umair239 and cwanja
The new puddle lights are indeed round as someone posted a picture confirming this the other day. Was also planning to hang onto my custom ones too but they won’t fit new models. If I can find the picture will repost it.

Definitely seems like this is a true refresh the more we hear as now, all those 3rd party wheels, exterior accessories, interior accessories, mats, so many things seem to not work, need redesigning for 2021+, etc. Good I guess as perhaps less need for them also.

Reactions: bllydia
Id be lying if every s I see my eyes don't go straight to the wheel and if I see their hands through the windshield up top I know its not a yoke and my blood pressure drops. The first yoke I see will be a gut punch. Plaids fine I understand I guess, the push for eoq higher margin. Let's hope LR's 19s are coming in july to md. Would upgrade if there was communication that "yes we changed the 19s and don't have enough, care to give us 4500 and upgrade to 21s?!" At this point I would pay $4500 to have the car within the next month delivered with no wheels.
Well I understand your position. Been there a few times. Specially with our Model Y. But fingers crossed that the 19in wheels start shipping. I’m guessing it’s probably because they have to change all of those wheel cover from the light sliver to black. However I have the 21in wheels. I would say at this point and from my experience changing your config this close to EOQ for sure won’t do anything. But I think July will be a big push for S deliveries in all configs

Reactions: Ovrt23
Hope for those with white on white. I just got a VIN, delivery scheduled for the 30th. SA just called and confirmed it all. 1146, FSD, Arachnid, ordered March 1st with delivery to Portland, OR.
Woot. They're starting into the March orders. Yay.

This made me check for like the 10th time today my account. Est delivery: still missing haha

After seeing that amazing black MS, I have decided to change my order from Blue to Black! I've never owned a black car, and I'm extremely picky with cars (keep them immaculate at all times), so I've always been afraid that a black car would be just too difficult to maintain. But I figure I'll be even more careful with a black car, and I'll have it ceramic coated and a clear bra applied to the front on day 1, and the black exterior with chrome delete is SPECTACULAR!

Now I just need to decide whether to stick with the white interior (the "Tuxedo" look) or go with black interior to complete the "bat mobile" look... I do think the bright white interior is such a striking Tesla feature, and my previous MS (2020 LR) was blue with white interior and I loved it!

I also ordered mine with the 19 inch wheels, but I just ordered last week (1151XXX VIN), so by the time my car is produced (in October hopefully) the shortage should be sorted out. I sold my 2020 MS last Thursday, so I'll be driving my truck until the new MS arrives...

One last thought/question: I'm on the fence about ordering FSD for my new MS. I had it on my 2020, and I did like some of the features (but not $10k worth of liking). I know the new v11 is expected out at some point, and I definitely have FOMO if it's incredible. I also fear that Elon will jack the FSD price up even higher when the new FSD system is released... I'm tempted to go ahead and add FSD to my order now to lock in the $10k price (in case it rises between now and October). If I do, I assume I can cancel it before I take delivery if I decide it's just not worth it to me, right?

Well I understand your position. Been there a few times. Specially with our Model Y. But fingers crossed that the 19in wheels start shipping. I’m guessing it’s probably because they have to change all of those wheel cover from the light sliver to black. However I have the 21in wheels. I would say at this point and from my experience changing your config this close to EOQ for sure won’t do anything. But I think July will be a big push for S deliveries in all configs
appreciate the good words, need all the good karma I can get. I will be at the Frederick Supercharger alot as I live Downtown right now in an apartment so no charger so if it actually comes in the next two months anyone in the area is welcome to take a look

Reactions: JimLL