Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did something really stupid just now. Went to the Service Center to see if my car had arrived (I know it did because Tesla texted me that it was there). Fit and finish were almost perfect on the outside. Paint looked great but dirty. If all the dirt spots come clean - it will look almost perfect. Could not get in it since they are closed. It will now be a long night...
View attachment 679012

View attachment 679013
Super excited for you!

Did something really stupid just now. Went to the Service Center to see if my car had arrived (I know it did because Tesla texted me that it was there). Fit and finish were almost perfect on the outside. Paint looked great but dirty. If all the dirt spots come clean - it will look almost perfect. Could not get in it since they are closed. It will now be a long night...
View attachment 679012

View attachment 679013
Ah, who’s a good doge? You are! Happy Delivery Eve!

View attachment 679012

View attachment 679013

What did you see wrong with it other than the dirt?

I'm very curious about the active noise cancellation feature in the new MS. For those who have taken delivery of their MS LR (Lance, I guess), have you noticed the active noise cancellation quieting the car down when driving (reducing wind/tire noises)? How quiet is the interior when cruising at highway speeds?

I'm coming from a 2020 MS LR that wasn't really all that quiet on the highway (my Lexus LS600hL was quite a bit quieter, though my wife's 2021 Model Y is quite a bit louder than my 2020 MS was). I'd love it if my new MS was as tomb-silent as my old Lexus LS was on the interstate, and I was hoping the active noise cancellation made a big difference?

I'm very curious about the active noise cancellation feature in the new MS. For those who have taken delivery of their MS LR (Lance, I guess), have you noticed the active noise cancellation quieting the car down when driving (reducing wind/tire noises)? How quiet is the interior when cruising at highway speeds?

I'm coming from a 2020 MS LR that wasn't really all that quiet on the highway (my Lexus LS600hL was quite a bit quieter, though my wife's 2021 Model Y is quite a bit louder than my 2020 MS was). I'd love it if my new MS was as tomb-silent as my old Lexus LS was on the interstate, and I was hoping the active noise cancellation made a big difference?
I believe it has yet to be activated via a firmware update.

ANC isn’t active in the initial firmware, per the manual (and I think someone said there’s a greyed out option in the UI?). But apparently the new laminated windows and other sound dampening improvements have made a big difference.

What did you see wrong with it other than the dirt?

Nothing really. Checked out the gaps and seals. Checked for any paint imperfections. It all looked good on a cursory level. It looked as if something dripped on the hood (looked dirty rusty water) from the carrier maybe. Looks like it will come right off. Did not check the inside rear door alignment or anything elae in the car.

Should be an easy and smooth delivery.

Nothing really. Checked out the gaps and seals. Checked for any paint imperfections. It all looked good on a cursory level. It looked as if something dripped on the hood (looked dirty rusty water) from the carrier maybe. Looks like it will come right off. Did not check the inside rear door alignment or anything elae in the car.

Should be an easy and smooth delivery.

Yep, fingers crossed for you my friend! I'm sure as soon as you push the accelerator you're going to be one happy man.

I believe this is incorrect. Changing doesn’t get you pushed back in line. When they are assigning cars they just look for the oldest RN that matches in the given location. If you don’t match what they’re producing, your RN doesn’t matter right now. But if you do match, then it matters a lot. This is why several of us who changed from 19s fo 21s got cars assigned within minutes or hours of the change - because we had earlier orders / RNs and with the config change were now at the top of the list for that config.
It’s possible. Wouldn’t it be nice if there was some sort of, I don’t know, official word 😂?