Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is ZERO excuse for how Tesla's lack of communication is beneficial to the company. They have the absolute worst reputation now for customer service. I've been waiting for 9 months for my car, I've been told I'm a priority and they are looking for my car and they do absolutely nothing except tell me what I want to hear. (Whenever they choose to get back to me.) If I even get the car when they decide to get me one, I will never go through this process again. Not with other car companies who will fill this void coming up on their heels. They are sinking their own ship with this behavior. Honesty is always the best policy.
I can’t understand why you don’t have your car yet - your configuration is identical to mine and there was another such vehicle in the Buena Park lot when I picked my MS up. I’m assuming you’ve confirmed (and reconfirmed) that all is well with your order so the fact that you’re in LA with a configuration that Tesla is making is inexplicable. I’m pulling for you to receive delivery soon.

I can’t understand why you don’t have your car yet - your configuration is identical to mine and there was another such vehicle in the Buena Park lot when I picked my MS up. I’m assuming you’ve confirmed (and reconfirmed) that all is well with your order so the fact that you’re in LA with a configuration that Tesla is making is inexplicable. I’m pulling for you to receive delivery soon.
I saw that you mentioned the car in Buena Park and texted and emailed them, never even heard back. Spoke with managment and they assured I am a priorty and at the "top of every list". Total and complete bull sugar. I had everything filled out perfectly last October and never changed anything on my order so there wouldn't be any chance for delays. Changed my wheels to 21's last Monday and still blank. I honestly am ready to call it quits. I have watched people who ordered 6 months after me take delivery of their cars. Perhaps a class-action lawsuit for unfair business practices is what needs to occur for them to wake the hell up.

I saw that you mentioned the car in Buena Park and texted and emailed them, never even heard back. Spoke with managment and they assured I am a priorty and at the "top of every list". Total and complete bull sugar. I had everything filled out perfectly last October and never changed anything on my order so there wouldn't be any chance for delays. Changed my wheels to 21's last Monday and still blank. I honestly am ready to call it quits. I have watched people who ordered 6 months after me take delivery of their cars. Perhaps a class-action lawsuit for unfair business practices is what needs to occur for them to wake the hell up.

I agree with you. I am a 1144 January order so not waiting as long as you. Had the 21s all along MSM LR black interior with full self driving. Have been stuck on August for two months now. I don’t understand why people who ordered way after us are getting cars delivered. I’m sure it will be worth the wait but it is ridiculous

test
Your car looks awesome !
I ordered on Jan 8th, MS-LR, blue/white, 19" std wheels, no FSD, delivery to SW Florida and July delivery disappeared. I'm thinking delivery problem is the 19" wheels and possibly shipping time to FL. My previou MS was 2017 blue/beige.
We have 100% same config but I'm 1147 ordered in April. I'm in central Florida too. Best of luck. I don't want decreased range and increased likeliness of flats with 21s. I got so many flats with my low profile 19s on my Audi S3 I can't deal again

Reactions: FrenchB4
Do it both ways. Control the narrative. Say outright that the CF is delayed until x/x/xx, and the 19" is delayed until x/x/xx, and the red/white is delayed. Because of our strict safety standards and need to put out the best car for our customers, blah blah : ) If you switch to different options you will get a car by x/x/xx
Don't have to be true reasons. Just give a valid timeline so customers can make choices.

There is ZERO excuse for how Tesla's lack of communication is beneficial to the company. They have the absolute worst reputation now for customer service. I've been waiting for 9 months for my car, I've been told I'm a priority and they are looking for my car and they do absolutely nothing except tell me what I want to hear. (Whenever they choose to get back to me.) If I even get the car when they decide to get me one, I will never go through this process again. Not with other car companies who will fill this void coming up on their heels. They are sinking their own ship with this behavior. Honesty is always the best policy.
I don't think this is a conspiracy. Usually the simplest answer is the correct answer. Maybe Tesla just doesn't know the answers yet to when they will have 19" wheels and red paint. Tesla does provide timeline guidance for carbon fiber and white interiors. Waiting sucks after you've made the decision to pull the trigger and spend big bucks. And while it is human nature to want to know WHY there is a delay, does it really matter? I agree it would be wonderful to have a concrete delivery time frame, i.e., "EDD July 15-20" that would not change daily, but if Tesla doesn't have the answers to when it will receive the parts, then how can it provide a solid EDD?

Reactions: foos
Not really sure how someone here could defend Tesla process during this as a "stockholder" unless you work for them or are a blind follower, its not even like your posting here, venting, waiting with our stockholm syndrome. A negative headline would have a minimal impact on the stock if its a matter of 19's being delayed, The algos read the headline and make pre determined trades off of what they read. It's why theres always a short term drop, BA plane emergency landing in pacific ocean, algos read stock sells off and then 30 mins later it gets bought back. Large institutions don't change their thesis because of a "Headline". As a shareholder it is a huge concern for how they treat their customers, or more specifically how there is no communication from mgmt to SA's and thus to the clients. There will be a time when they will have no credits from other auto manu's to use and competition in the EV market will heat up. If I need another car or someone in my family and they reallllly wanted a Tesla I'd tell them to buy used, and Im trying to give this same company nealy 100k. Also a shareholder. That's how bad this process is. When I first ordered in Feb had a friend tell me good luck there customer service is the worst, I had a great first interaction when I called to make sure my profile was completed and ready for deliver back in Feb and didn't know what he was talking about. Now, wow "the worst" is an understatement.

There has been no, hey we want to be communicative for all of those who have been waiting more than half a year for your very expensive item on to why there has been a hold up with the 19s. It's not even like people are demanding supercharging miles or to be compensated, they just want communication it's not that hard. Just stop putting random dates on people's profiles and that would help too.

The hey were being communicative theres a slight delay headline isn't worse than hey this new plaid caught fire and the driver couldn't immediately get out because we're too cool to have traditional door handles.. And that headline did nothing negative for the stock

Reactions: boskog and Danlbrau
I agree with you. I am a 1144 January order so not waiting as long as you. Had the 21s all along MSM LR black interior with full self driving. Have been stuck on August for two months now. I don’t understand why people who ordered way after us are getting cars delivered. I’m sure it will be worth the wait but it is ridiculous
I’m hoping now that EOQ madness is behind us for another 90 days Tesla will start producing and delivering cars to fill those pre-refresh orders. It’s hard to watch you guys twist in the wind while others post “ordered last Monday, got my car today”.

Happy for them, but at some point Tesla needs to do right by their customers. There’s no longer a reason until late September when the Q3 nonsense starts to produce a Plaid for a July order over a LR ordered last year.

Tesla reported today 2,340 Model S and X cars produced in Q2, almost certainly all MS. That sounds like a pretty good ramp up for MS, hopefully that 1,000 a week will be earlier on Q3 than expected and we can all get our damn cars.
Hoping you get your car soon cause there are a handful of us right behind you that have the same blue/cream LR 19” as you ordered. The curse of the 19” wheel…

Reactions: Danlbrau
I don't think this is a conspiracy. Usually the simplest answer is the correct answer. Maybe Tesla just doesn't know the answers yet to when they will have 19" wheels and red paint. Tesla does provide timeline guidance for carbon fiber and white interiors. Waiting sucks after you've made the decision to pull the trigger and spend big bucks. And while it is human nature to want to know WHY there is a delay, does it really matter? I agree it would be wonderful to have a concrete delivery time frame, i.e., "EDD July 15-20" that would not change daily, but if Tesla doesn't have the answers to when it will receive the parts, then how can it provide a solid EDD?

Agree, definitely not a conspiracy. There is clearly an algorithm at play here that is factoring in interior and exterior colors, wheel size, location, etc…

If order date is factored in, it’s got to be tied to location. If a MSM black interior with arachnids is allocated to an SC in NJ and there’s an 1146 there and a 1145 in Illinois is waiting for the same car, the 1146 in NJ will get their car first.

If it wasn’t for the website and forums like this, the 1145 would never know the 1146 got the car before them. So maybe the solution is for them to just not post EDDs and when a VIN arrives you’re set. I’m half enjoying this and realize anything before August (first ED I got the day I ordered) is a gift, but the ever changing EDDs is just aggravating.

Reactions: RMG007
Has anyone gotten their Model S long range delivered? If so, what was your reservation number and when did you place your order. I‘m trying to get a handle on when mine will come in. Tesla has been no help.
Unfortunately RN doesnt mean anything up to this point, people with random orders are getting theirs all over, its just a guess at this point.