Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, back to August this morning. I decided to call the Santa Barbara delivery center just for the heck of it. They said about 9 S’s have been delivered so far and a mix of Plaid and LR. Also, he said it’s best to have your profile 100% completed to help with prioritization. This includes proof of insurance of your current vehicle. I did it just to be safe.

For those with Vins, did you have your profile completed 100%?
I am in TX, which required a VIN. I left that blank until i received the VIN, it did not affect my delivery. Hopefully that helps.

For everyone commenting about their wait, our order was January and RN1143, so take a number LOL. Spoke with my delivery coordinator and she confirmed 19" are purgatory. She acknowledged that upgrading to 21" would enable her to locate me a car. Don't want them but agreed. She called me the next day with a blue and a white she could grab me, but we're only interested in midnight silver metallic. Hoping this will be the week as we leave for vaca next week =O
I want blue and white... Who is this person I can call?

Was everyone here who picked up able to e-sign documents in their account before delivery? I just got an automated call saying I should be able to do that, but there’s nothing to sign in my account…

As much as this buying and waiting process sucks, I can say I have almost forgotten about it in just the last few days of driving my new S. Hang in there...

ETA: For those new to this thread. I ordered in January. Had a VIN and had it taken away. Rec'd another VIN much later. Moved delivery a couple times. Through wire issue with funds on their end almost cancelled delivery 1 hour before. The SC did their magic and pushed it through, Delivered a few hours late but made the date.

Do not give into unfounded speculation or hype by your SA or here. The car is worth it. This is my first EV/Tesla and wish I could have done this earlier.
Re: wire issues, this is why I used the Plaid option to move cash. I had asked the Tesla folks which option was easier on their end to receive the money and they indicate Plaid over the wire option. I do know that some do not like entering their banking account login info into the Plaid UI.

Was everyone here who picked up able to e-sign documents in their account before delivery? I just got an automated call saying I should be able to do that, but there’s nothing to sign in my account…
I was emailed a .pdf of a signature page, printed it, signed it, snapped a photo and emailed it back. I did not have any software installed on my device to e-sign and there was no integrated DocuSign option.

Lol. Usually because you have a May order date and a July delivery in MD and lots of other people ordered way before you. Somehow you're impatient still and totally understand Tesla keeps changing your dates. But sucks you keep getting a date and there's way more people ahead of you (such as 2020 orders still not filled, or me I'm early March). You change rims and all of a sudden get a date of a few weeks from now. Lol. So yes, I disagree with you getting a date.

If someone is patient with Tesla, then they sure as hell dont know much about Tesla. "2 weeks"! HAHA!

Last edited:
Reactions: doubleshot
For everyone commenting about their wait, our order was January and RN1143, so take a number LOL. Spoke with my delivery coordinator and she confirmed 19" are purgatory. She acknowledged that upgrading to 21" would enable her to locate me a car. Don't want them but agreed. She called me the next day with a blue and a white she could grab me, but we're only interested in midnight silver metallic. Hoping this will be the week as we leave for vaca next week =O
I‘ve called my local store (Brea California) a few times and they don’t pick up and when I leave a message they don’t bother to call me back. Any suggestions on how to talk to a real person? I’m willing to consider a different config to get out of the waiting room.

Update on the $2k discount for prerefresh orders.

"You are able to get the discount and we are working it now but the original verbiage stated that you had to receive a car by June 30th for it to apply. This is causing a small delay in getting it applied as we obviously did not match you to a VIN until July 1st. A lot of our upper management is on PTO right now so we will have to wait a day or two because the discount will require manager approval." - Houston Sales Manager.

Last edited:
What do we have here….. I spy with my little eye a plaid/LR (not sure) with 19s at the Rockville SC.

Attachments

• 3B65CBA7-22DF-4FD9-90E6-DD92A45833AE.jpeg
    3B65CBA7-22DF-4FD9-90E6-DD92A45833AE.jpeg
    642.6 KB · Views: 102
  • A349DBE4-227A-4AB1-9F31-43F789A1C32C.jpeg
    A349DBE4-227A-4AB1-9F31-43F789A1C32C.jpeg
    563.6 KB · Views: 92