Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you guys get a 2k discount?

The discount is only for people who ordered the “old” model 2020 Raven S before the lines shut down and the refresh was announced. There was a price increase of $10k after we had our orders in and the refresh was announced. We were not allowed to keep the old price of our orders, but were given a $2k discount on the refresh price as a concession.

I broke down as well and changed to 21s. I never liked the 19s except for the range improvement. Red might still be a hold up. My account has shown no estimated delivery for months now.
Mine has said August for months, ordered 2/21. I'm hoping the white interior doesn't hold it back, but that's not negotiable for me, neither is exterior color (white). I hated the 19s but was also trying to keep the extra range. Bottom line, I'm getting about 100 miles (with 21s) over my 2016 90D I just sold this past Friday. I'm still ahead.

That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

Reactions: derevan007
Not sure why it has the silver spokes though. That stinks if they went back to silver :(
They produced several vehicles with the old/silver 19” wheels before the change to new/dark-gray was announced. See some of the gabeincal flyover videos back in May.

There were plenty of opinions that NO ONE would want the old versions and Tesla “HAS” to go back and change all of them to the new/darker color

But anyone who’s been paying attention knows it is NOT Tesla’s MO to go back and replace all of them. Instead they’ll probable go with the usual line of “if you don’t want it, someone else will gladly take it”. And they’re probably right.

And they can’t just pop on new aero covers because there’s a sliver of the underlying wheel that still shows & would have a terrible light/dark contrast ring around the wheel.

The discount is only for people who ordered the “old” model 2020 Raven S before the lines shut down and the refresh was announced. There was a price increase of $10k after we had our orders in and the refresh was announced. We were not allowed to keep the old price of our orders, but were given a $2k discount on the refresh price as a concession.
Nice! Another Jan RN1143x person! Everyone else seems to be much later. In touch with delivery centers actively looking for an available care for me (S. CA). Good luck we should be soon (unless you're 19")

Still no draggy 1/4 mile results. Come on guys with cars. We are all waiting in anticipation.
I am sure you will get results for LR but I believe most people that are buying the LR don’t care that much about draggy or 1/4 mile numbers. I don’t.
I think the guys that are into it for the most part are The Plaid buyers.
I will tel you one thing. The LR is super fast and am sure the numbers are better than most production sport cars. My MB AMG-gts did 0-60 in 3.5. I am sure this LR is quicker.

I feel like it's 2013 all over again, only this time the wait is much longer for me. In 2013, I got VIN #9555. sure has come a long way since then! Again in 2016, the wait was only 2 months. But just like this time, I sold my S a bit too soon (just sold the 2016 last Friday). Last time I had to drive an old Jetta someone was kind enough to loan me. This time, I have a second car to drive... Still doesn't ease the pain of waiting 6+ months!

I think I might be almost as excited for this one as I was for the first one.

Reactions: derevan007
I‘ve called my local store (Brea California) a few times and they don’t pick up and when I leave a message they don’t bother to call me back. Any suggestions on how to talk to a real person? I’m willing to consider a different config to get out of the waiting room.
I would call my SC instead of store unless they are the same. I was getting jerked around and called SC up and told the guy, 200 in cash to anyone who delivered car to me.

It was amazing. In 4 hours I had a new VIN and received my car that evening. Not the one that was stuck in freemont. They picked up from another sc that had one with my specs, assigned that vin to me and voila got my car

BTW: the same guy I offered a tip to also delivered my car. Lol

Not sure why it has the silver spokes though. That stinks if they went back to silver :(
I was going to query the group about this earlier today. The initial reveal listed these silver wheels, making me think that prior to the change, at least a few of these sets of wheels actually existed at some time. How many is the question. It would make sense for Tesla to use these wheels instead of taking a wash on them. There could be someone or some people out there, not on this forum o_O, who never had their order updated to grey.

I was going to query the group about this earlier today. The initial reveal listed these silver wheels, making me think that prior to the change, at least a few of these sets of wheels actually existed at some time. How many is the question. It would make sense for Tesla to use these wheels instead of taking a wash on them. There could be someone or some people out there, not on this forum o_O, who never had their order updated to grey.

I’d take the silver rims right now. I plan on going Tsportline anyways. Bring them on Tesla! Ha!

They produced several vehicles with the old/silver 19” wheels before the change to new/dark-gray was announced. See some of the gabeincal flyover videos back in May.

There were plenty of opinions that NO ONE would want the old versions and Tesla “HAS” to go back and change all of them to the new/darker color

But anyone who’s been paying attention knows it is NOT Tesla’s MO to go back and replace all of them. Instead they’ll probable go with the usual line of “if you don’t want it, someone else will gladly take it”. And they’re probably right.

And they can’t just pop on new aero covers because there’s a sliver of the underlying wheel that still shows & would have a terrible light/dark contrast ring around the wheel.
I would take the silvers if it meant getting my car earlier. I would just powder coat them, and maybe hit the calipers while at it.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Nice! Another Jan RN1143x person! Everyone else seems to be much later. In touch with delivery centers actively looking for an available care for me (S. CA). Good luck we should be soon (unless you're 19")

Delivery appointment for 2pm tomorrow, friend - fate willing.. So yes, “soon” and not even “Tesla Soon”!!!

I am sure you will get results for LR but I believe most people that are buying the LR don’t care that much about draggy or 1/4 mile numbers. I don’t.
I think the guys that are into it for the most part are The Plaid buyers.
I will tel you one thing. The LR is super fast and am sure the numbers are better than most production sport cars. My MB AMG-gts did 0-60 in 3.5. I am sure this LR is quicker.
I haven’t even seen one in person yet and I’m sure it’s faster than my AMG, so that’s plenty fast enough for me. Honestly the performance is 4th on my list of priorities after looks, tech and no more gas.

Reactions: Danlbrau