Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PLENTY of vehicles already exist with the 19" silver Tempest wheels. Take a look at the link below, which is now 5 weeks old.

Parking lot with hundreds of refresh Tesla Model S vehicles found near Fremont factory [Update]
The problem seems to me that they used the existing silver tempest wheels to fill early orders. I believe now everyone waiting for 19s will need to wait for Tesla to get the new wheels in.

Have people begun getting delivery with the new tempest wheels yet?

The problem seems to me that they used the existing silver tempest wheels to fill early orders. I believe now everyone waiting for 19s will need to wait for Tesla to get the new wheels in.

Have people begun getting delivery with the new tempest wheels yet?
I don’t think anyone has seen a single delivery with any 19s at all? Haven’t seen any reported here on TMC and several have quoted SAs saying no 19s at individual delivery centers.

If true, then every vehicle in those pics with 19s is still sitting around somewhere waiting to be delivered.

Reactions: foos and boonedocks
I would call my SC instead of store unless they are the same. I was getting jerked around and called SC up and told the guy, 200 in cash to anyone who delivered car to me.

It was amazing. In 4 hours I had a new VIN and received my car that evening. Not the one that was stuck in freemont. They picked up from another sc that had one with my specs, assigned that vin to me and voila got my car

BTW: the same guy I offered a tip to also delivered my car. Lol
I'm gonna try this trick with $300 cash tip

Reactions: Sbaimo
I don’t think anyone has seen a single delivery with any 19s at all? Haven’t seen any reported here on TMC and several have quoted SAs saying no 19s at individual delivery centers.

If true, then every vehicle in those pics with 19s is still sitting around somewhere waiting to be delivered.
Maybe they plan on changing out the wheels on the ones sitting in freemont lot. Which still leads me to believe that the new deliveries will all get the darker and better looking tempest wheels when available

Pardon my ignorance, just dont know how to get a SC number or when i should conduct said research at the proper time
@Sbaimo ’s situation was a little different. He had been jerked around with his appointment dates and disappearing VINs. There was a little more motivation to make things right than just the $200.

So I called multiple SC locations near Orange County (Lake Forest, Torrance, Buena Park, Costa Mesa), all of them told me they can't assign the VIN to specific customer. In the event someone declines the delivery, the VIN will be matched automatically to next customer on the queue.(and they told me the one assigning the VIN is from the factory side)

I suggested $300 cash tip for matching VIN to my configurations, they all declined.

Pardon my ignorance, just dont know how to get a SC number or when i should conduct said research at the proper time
When I bought my ‘17 MS , I had regular follow-ups with the SA who’s entered my order in a mall store. This time after four months I have not had a single text or telephone call from anyone at Tesla. If not for the fact I have a RN number I’d wonder if I was even in line to get a car.

When I bought my ‘17 MS , I had regular follow-ups with the SA who’s entered my order in a mall store. This time after four months I have not had a single text or telephone call from anyone at Tesla. If not for the fact I have a RN number I’d wonder if I was even in line to get a car.

Yep. Your current experience pretty much mirrors everyone else’s. Some people got random automated texts, but I got zero push communication of any sort between order and delivery appointment.

Reactions: FrenchB4
Hey! You gave it a shot. I know if I want a great
Table at a restaurant I don’t frequent. I shake the hand of the of the Maître d with a few bucks and I get a good table.

I am positive that no one would have tried to find a car for me that day if I didn’t throw in an enticement. But I’ve been wrong before.

And I did have a previous vin. So maybe they were starting to just help me out of a bad situation.

Reactions: gadelrosario
My phone died yesterday and I was down about 20 hours before back up and running. My irrational self was positive that this particular 20 hour time span, out of the 5,184 hours since I placed my order, would be the time when the coveted call came in. I was truly worried I would have several missed calls from Tesla about my delivery and then, "ooh, too bad we missed you and gave your car to someone else...get back in line". Alas, no missed calls, voicemails or status updates. Tesla, what have you reduced me to?!?!? #beenwaitingsuchalongtime
Yup, i get it.

Reactions: Sbaimo
After spending some time with 21s, I’m switching back to 19s. It doesn’t look like (well, in my case with recent RNs) having 21s will help in getting a VIN sooner than later. If It’s August with 21s, I’d rather wait to Sep and have 19s for the New England crap weather and roads.

Hopefully Tesla figures it out and gets them going soon.

Last edited:
I would call my SC instead of store unless they are the same. I was getting jerked around and called SC up and told the guy, 200 in cash to anyone who delivered car to me.

It was amazing. In 4 hours I had a new VIN and received my car that evening. Not the one that was stuck in freemont. They picked up from another sc that had one with my specs, assigned that vin to me and voila got my car

BTW: the same guy I offered a tip to also delivered my car. Lol
I was going to query the group about this earlier today. The initial reveal listed these silver wheels, making me think that prior to the change, at least a few of these sets of wheels actually existed at some time. How many is the question. It would make sense for Tesla to use these wheels instead of taking a wash on them. There could be someone or some people out there, not on this forum o_O, who never had their order updated to grey.
I think you got MY car, dang!