Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if deliveries are being prioritized for current or previous Tesla owners vs. new ones?

I got my 3 when they were first being delivered and I was hearing that was what they were doing with the 3 reservations. Don’t have any proof though.
I have owned an S for 5 years, and they are not prioritizing me from what I can tell.

Does anyone know if deliveries are being prioritized for current or previous Tesla owners vs. new ones?

I got my 3 when they were first being delivered and I was hearing that was what they were doing with the 3 reservations. Don’t have any proof though.
I accidentally made my reservation with a different email address than my Tesla account and had an October estimated delivery date. They finally merged that with my existing Tesla account and my estimated delivery date didn’t change and I’ve been an owner since 2018.

Reactions: cwanja
I accidentally made my reservation with a different email address than my Tesla account and had an October estimated delivery date. They finally merged that with my existing Tesla account and my estimated delivery date didn’t change and I’ve been an owner since 2018.
How did you get them to merge? I was told I have to wait until the car is delivered....

I have owned an S for 5 years, and they are not prioritizing me from what I can tell.

I own model y and waiting since last November. no Vin.

I appreciate the feedback guys. Thank you!

Reactions: cwanja
Well for the first time since I placed my order (December 2020) an SA called me, to confirm that I still wanted the car. She said that they (Westchase in Houston) were looking at maybe getting a Model S that people can test drive some time in August, if I wanted to test drive it. I said no need for that, just let me know when one is ready for me to pick up 😄

[side note on that - there was a post here wondering if people who already have a Tesla are being prioritized - the SA knew my RN but was not aware that I already had a Tesla, despite it having been serviced at that location before, so I'm siding with the other posters who think it's not relevant to delivery priority.]

Still no VIN or delivery window but this is the most concrete action I've seen on my account since I had "June" as a delivery window for a week or so back in May. A few posts I've seen here recently point to August or September deliveries of 19" cars, and August-September is when she seemed to think deliveries of Model Ss would really pick up (she had no opinion on 19" wheels) so I'm gonna go with "hooray, consistency" and continue assuming August-September is when I'll get something. August has been my assumption since ~spring so I'm still happy enough.

Anyway, this is my first on-topic post in a while. Wheeeeeee!

Was just emailing with my SA. Asked him if I can expect a delivery in August give my config and order date (LR/B/W/19s/FSD - ordered 3/23). Said he cannot make any predictions now, but expects updates and more info flow towards the end of July. I am still expecting August delivery.

Not likely. I got a "welcome to the Tesla family!" text from an SA. I had to tell HIM this will be my third, I've owned Model Essessesss since 2013.

Doesn't seem like that matters to them much.

Reactions: Vinny860
Hmmmm, just saw a plaid versus 2020 LR race video, and it was a white plaid with those 21" wheels - man they do look good. I'm sooooo tempted to change from 19s to 21s now not for the price, but look. Are we sure they are pretty comfy still? Really like the look over the tempest (although tempest are great and that extra range) - so hard to decide!

Hmmmm, just saw a plaid versus 2020 LR race video, and it was a white plaid with those 21" wheels - man they do look good. I'm sooooo tempted to change from 19s to 21s now not for the price, but look. Are we sure they are pretty comfy still? Really like the look over the tempest (although tempest are great and that extra range) - so hard to decide!
If you do stick with 19", I'm sure there will be a lot of used 21" sets available in the coming months for a lot less than $4500.

I was in the same situation. Really like the looks of 21s, and the prospect of getting the car sooner since 19s are a hold out, but I also wanted range and $4.5K savings. I ended up placing another order with 21" wheels, and worst case I lose $100, and best case I get a better looking car sooner. :)

Reactions: Danlbrau
Decided to stop by my local Tesla store just outside of Palm Springs, CA. Asked if there was anything new in my profile given my change earlier in the week to upgrade to 21" wheels. She said that I should have a "soft match" to a VIN next week, and delivery likely within a week or two after that. Not exactly sure what that means, so if anyone has further insight, please share.

Decided to stop by my local Tesla store just outside of Palm Springs, CA. Asked if there was anything new in my profile given my change earlier in the week to upgrade to 21" wheels. She said that I should have a "soft match" to a VIN next week, and delivery likely within a week or two after that. Not exactly sure what that means, so if anyone has further insight, please share.
it means "get out of my office, i have no idea what im talking about"

If you don't need the car asap, stick with 19's. There will be plenty of aftermarket options that are lighter and stronger for the same price. 4500 for a set of heavy cast wheels is kind of pricey. I would rather get a nice set of forged 20" wheels when they come out.