Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - i have a Model S LR on order. Midnight Silver Metallic , 19" Tempest Wheels, black interior.
at the moment i have a model 3 with 19’’ Sport Wheels that i had powder coated. i planned on putting the rims from the M3 on to the MS once that comes in since they better locking than the ones that the MS comes with.

does anyone know since they are both 19" that come on the MS and the 19" on the M3 if i can just swap out the rims so i can keep the new tires on the MS?

i have heard that sometime dimensions are off so not sure if anyone knows the exact dimensions of each that would be okay just to swap rims so i can save on not having to get new rims. i also get to keep the new tires with the MS rather than having to switch them out with older M3 tires that are on the M3 already.

Hello - i have a Model S LR on order. Midnight Silver Metallic , 19" Tempest Wheels, black interior.
at the moment i have a model 3 with 19’’ Sport Wheels that i had powder coated. i planned on putting the rims from the M3 on to the MS once that comes in since they better locking than the ones that the MS comes with.

does anyone know since they are both 19" that come on the MS and the 19" on the M3 if i can just swap out the rims so i can keep the new tires on the MS?

i have heard that sometime dimensions are off so not sure if anyone knows the exact dimensions of each that would be okay just to swap rims so i can save on not having to get new rims. i also get to keep the new tires with the MS rather than having to switch them out with older M3 tires that are on the M3 already.
M3 and MS use different bolt patterns(5x114.3 on M3, 5x120 on S), so the rims cant be swapped. Sorry :'(

I don't think that will work. Your Model 3 wheels are 8.5" compared to the staggered Model S wheels 9.5" and 10.5". The Model 3 has 235-40-19s which are 20mm slimmer than the 255-45-19 front tires on the Model S and 50mm slimmer than the 285-40-19 rear tires.

Awaiting Delivery: Model S LR, Ordered: 8-21-20 (then on "Hold" awaiting refresh), Blue/Cream, 19", AP, Rocklin, CA, 2021, RN11386, EDD: Blank and never ever was it anything else.
Spoke to SA and was told Sept should be doable. V frustrating.