Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thing I cannot wrap my head around is, Tesla typically honors the prices locked in at order. If they know they are going to raise the prices, why don't they already? Or are they going to lower S prices once the X is out? Specifically, X used to sell more, historically.
Tough one to call. On one hand, the S is facing some tough upcoming competition. On the other hand, save for that, the X should cost more. I suspect the S Plaid prices will fall once initial demand is satisfied (early next year).

Last edited:
Cross-post

Well, as some of you predicted, my EDD did narrow by a day overnight (see sig). I suspect the initial specific date range occurred when I was softly matched to a car entering the production process. The leading date algorithm seems to be "Current date plus shipping time to your location" and the trailing date seems to be the sum of (max flow); from order released to production, production, post production (finding a shipper) and travel time to your designation. Thoughts?

Reactions: donandersonjr
The MX Plaid will almost certainly see a $5-10k increase (my guess is $10k since not many SUV’s have over 1000hp 😂) in price before spring 2022. If you are considering one probably worth the deposit now.
I agree... a price increase of at least $10-$20K is coming for the Model X Plaid.

1628435942381.png

Reactions: Vinny860
Question for all you 2021 Model S owners. How is the height getting in and out? Odd question, I know.

Wife is about to get her Y, which is high up and great to get in and out. My 21 Model 3 could be better. Hoping with the suspension, the Model S will be somewhere in between. Never been in an S so I thought I’d as you pros.
No issues getting in & out of MS. I'm 6'4 was able to get in & out without bumping my head :)

It’s not ‘low’, but it’s all relative. Do I have to bend down to get in? Sure. I am 6’4. But even my wife who is 5’4 says she sometimes hates getting in and out of the S. She also hated it 6+ months pregnant, so there’s that. But she drives a Honda Pilot instead.

I love it and have no issues personally. Honestly, just ask someone to measure from ground to A pillar at entrance and that will give you an idea. Or find any year model, do not think they have changed them at significantly from a height perspective.
My 5'1" wife hates getting in and out of my model S. She claims you must lift leg much higher to clear the lower threshold and blames the battery compartment. Wifey says all other sedans including her Mercedes do not have a big threshold. I'm only 5'5" and have no issue with it. As a Tesla fanboy, I'm probably blinded on the issue.

Does anyone know if delivery dates are added to our account automatically by a system functioning 24 by 7? Or is there human intervention so updates can only occur Mon-Friday, roughly 9-5 PDT when logistics employees are working. If done by humans, it's pointless to get frustrated checking your account during the weekend or before 9 am PDT weekdays.

Does anyone know if delivery dates are added to our account automatically by a system functioning 24 by 7? Or is there human intervention so updates can only occur Mon-Friday, roughly 9-5 PDT when logistics employees are working. If done by humans, it's pointless to get frustrated checking your account during the weekend or before 9 am PDT weekdays.
In my limited experience, my EDD has updated only overnight likely around midnight pacific time. It has never updated during the day.

There have been members who have reported changes at pretty much any time of day and night - as in, they refreshed 10 times during a 24 hour period and got an update on the 10th. So I would imagine this is out of an ERP system of some sort. Obviously the worst ERP known to mankind but still.