Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same for me. Started at 8/21 on Saturday, then 8/22 on Sunday, now 8/23 today. The slow trickle toward delivery. 9/4 end date hasn’t changed.
Here I was worried that you would get your TwinCar before me.....now I may actually get mine first 😆 J/K. I am still at 8/25-9/08 (no change) from Saturday early AM.

Honestly I like the aero covers on this. The dark color adds a lot. Maybe something a bit sportier will come in the aftermarket like the Rimetrix Orbital for the Model 3 but until then I’m pretty happy. At least they’re not silver like the old caps.
Thinking the same thing. There should be an after market for the S like the 3. I also wonder how much they might have to change the covers for the 3 and just make an S option.

Any updates on your order? SA is saying my car is in Chicago awaiting transport to Indy. He says car should be ready on 8/15.
Nope but my dates have remained consistently 8/15-8/18 for several days now. When my car was sitting in Fremont awaiting transport, every time I would have gone to single digit days to the beginning of my range, the range would get pushed out. That that didn't happen this time, indicates to me that the car is finally moving. It may very well have been on the same train as yours and is also awaiting transport to Indy. And why would they give you an 8/15 date...I'm pretty sure they aren't open on Sundays?

There were several new cars still wrapped in plastic on the lot yesterday...S's, 3's and Y's.

What was your order date/config again?

I think you are right. FWIW I ordered a Plaid 7/6 as the wait for the 1/27 LR order was killing me. After a month and no EDD I bought a new car to be my second car once my MS arrived, and cancelled my Plaid order, it naturally before I could cancel it populated with an Aug 10-19 EDD. We all know EDDs can come and go, but if that was true there’s probably not a lot of Plaid orders for 19” wheels if they are filling orders just over a month ago.
@Danlbrau I suspect many 19 orderers changed to 21s in hopes of getting their cars quicker. For those that stuck with 19s, they might get rewarded for doing so. I ordered on 7/29 and have an a narrowing EDD range (see sig), with a worse case date less than a month from when I ordered.

Same for me. Started at 8/21 on Saturday, then 8/22 on Sunday, now 8/23 today. The slow trickle toward delivery. 9/4 end date hasn’t changed.
Rechecked...got same thing as well...

This actually worries me that they are blanket updating as it may not actually be valid estimates and monkeys might be flicking switches

Reactions: Jjc8 and GrnSqrl
Rechecked...got same thing as well...

This actually worries me that they are blanket updating as it may not actually be valid estimates and monkeys might be flicking switches
Nah, I’m thinking (hoping) we’re all on east coast and these ranges are slowly starting to narrow in on delivery. Coming down home stretch. VINs should be issued in the next week. Our patience is being rewarded. Lol.

Reactions: Vinny860 and jebinc
Guys, I visited Tesla Factory Showroom in Fremont today & saw many Plaid with 19 & 21inch being picked by customers. I also saw a handful of MS LR with 21 inches ready for delivery. While walking the lot I found an opportunity to take off the ugly-looking plastic covers & took snaps of what the 19-inch rim looks like to my surprise it's not that bad.
Thank you for the detailed pics. This seems to confirm what we saw before. Sorry, I actually think the covers, as blah as they are, are better than the fugly wheels underneath. In fact, I thing of every version wheel on the Model S that Tesla has released, these are hands-down the ugliest ones yet.

Scumbag Tesla. design horrible looking hubcaps and make the ones underneath even uglier so you are forced to purchase the 5k rim option. Making the car realistically more expensive with lower range
Tons of aftermarket options to customize your look. I upgraded before the price change so kind of a wash?

Damn, I am sorry. I can remember how happy and excited I was when I made my Reservation. Spending $100,000+ on a new car is a very big deal. I'm sure when we finally get our cars we will be happy, but all this BS ruins it in the meantime.
I feel you.... when I ordered mine in February (and keep in mind in Canada...in Canadian dollars.... an LR with paint option and FSD is over $ 140 thousand Canadian to US including taxes.... I placed my order with excitement actually expecting to hear from someone.... sent some emails after finding email addys at our local SC and finally almost two weeks later, buddy called me back. When he started the conversation with 'this is how it works...' I knew I was dealing with an Aqqle kind of company and not a BMW (who I thought was bad but beg for that level of bad service now !). Since then, it has just been a ride with the rest of you here and the odd Crown Royal to make it all go away... UNTIL IT ARRIVES !!!! :p

Nope but my dates have remained consistently 8/15-8/18 for several days now. When my car was sitting in Fremont awaiting transport, every time I would have gone to single digit days to the beginning of my range, the range would get pushed out. That that didn't happen this time, indicates to me that the car is finally moving. It may very well have been on the same train as yours and is also awaiting transport to Indy. And why would they give you an 8/15 date...I'm pretty sure they aren't open on Sundays?

There were several new cars still wrapped in plastic on the lot yesterday...S's, 3's and Y's.

What was your order date/config again?
Order date was 3/15. White/cream/21/no FSD. Date range 8/9-8/15.

We were at the Service Center in Superior, CO yesterday and noticed a couple LR S with the silver aero covers. One car had silver wheels underneath the aero covers and the other had the dark grey wheels. Both had kittens on the Monroney stickers and at least one sticker had the word "Test" on it, so maybe these cars are for test drives.

Attachments

• photo_2021-08-09_10-23-16.jpg
    photo_2021-08-09_10-23-16.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 78
  • photo_2021-08-09_10-23-13.jpg
    photo_2021-08-09_10-23-13.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 58
  • photo_2021-08-09_10-23-09.jpg
    photo_2021-08-09_10-23-09.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 69