Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am now February as well after being told to expected delivery "soon" in early-July. Was August until today. SA reached out, had me apply for credit and order a wall charger. I specifically told my SA I don't want my credit pulled until the car is going to be delivered. Was assured it won't be that long and they're ready for credit.

Starting the process of returning my wall charger. I don't think Tesla is for me. This is my 3rd attempt at buying one in the past 6 years and it always goes south. Likely getting into another ICE for now. Been looking at a M5 Competition. May consider a Lucid Air if they figure out their delivery timelines too.
You and I are on a similar path. I am going to keep my deposit for now on the Model S, but return my wall charger, which Tesla has still not sent my return shipping label, and I placed a deposit on a G80 6MT M3 on Saturday.

He did not...just said that his system is saying November/December for my car....even though site was saying February
Well. I guess that is one way to design it - have the customer facing display a date so far in advance, they leave us alone. But internally, show a sooner date.

So then those with November / December date ranges should maybe expect it in October timeframe. And those with October, could expect it in September. Who the hell knows. You need a masters degree in underwater basket weaving and a PhD in black magic to follow the logic.

Just think about all the new Tesla Model S LR videos posted to YouTube, all the software updates and refinements coming out between now and the time we take delivery of the car. HeL^2, we could be the most prepared satisfied Tesla owners to date!!!
I dont even watch those videos. It makes me jealous and I’m also trying to put out videos of my own for fun.

Ordered 3/18 LR Blue/Black/19s. Excited to see an ED range.
1628625848098.png

@Dakster I am going to disagree, I ordered 1/29 with 19" wheels and my EDD is Oct 19- Nov 8.
at this point, I think the delays are simply due to the large backlog that Tesla caused by selling cars that didn’t exist and that Tesla wasn’t prepared to produce. I believe Tesla has finally finished designing all configurations of the refresh, including the standard configuration with 19” wheels, and now for the first time is ready to make and sell them. The reason some people will get their cars after others is that Tesla will make the cars in batches. For efficiency, they’re going to make batches of black interiors, then batches of cream interiors, then batches of white interiors, etc.