Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I just returned home with my spaceship. My son described it as, “sex on wheels”…
I would describe the acceleration as “violent”! Man, I think the powah is going to tear the 19s off the rims! It’s really a beast!
Personally think those 19 "rims" are darker in person (or photos) than what the designer credits them to. Looks great. Thanks for the photos and enjoy your Plaid. I do think you are the first 19" owner on TMC.

Well, I just returned home with my spaceship. My son described it as, “sex on wheels”…
I would describe the acceleration as “violent”! Man, I think the powah is going to tear the 19s off the rims! It’s really a beast!
Is that a mud flap on your last picture? I’ve read the separate thread and thought lack of flaps was a big problem/causing paint chipping.

Last edited:
Congrats! Would love your impressions on how it handles relative to your model 3. Also would love to hear your thoughts about the extra width. I love that my 3 drives like a go kart and is easy to maneuver in the city, so your thoughts would be helpful on what to expect. Thank you!

Reactions: Tigers
Congrats! Would love your impressions on how it handles relative to your model 3. Also would love to hear your thoughts about the extra width. I love that my 3 drives like a go kart and is easy to maneuver in the city, so your thoughts would be helpful on what to expect. Thank you!
Thanks! That’s a tough question. The 3 would be better weaving and tucking down town, but I was surprised the S didn’t feel as big as I was expecting. Handling wise, I would say the 3 is more tossable, but go kart driving for me is my NC MX5 Miata! Still need to learn and play with Plaid’s suspension setting to accurately gauge the true differences. Overall, I was expecting a boat like feel, but that’s not what it feels like. Pleasantly surprised. You can definitely tell it’s a heavier car than the 3.

Are those all-season or summer tires on the 19’s?
They are Pirelli electa PZ4s. Kinda a bastard tire, custom made for Tesla. I do need to check the sidewalls in the morning, re category. They ride smooth and quiet, while still letting the Plaid hit 60 under 2s! Wheel unsprung weight with 19” is much lower than the 21s as well.

Reactions: Ormond and boskog
I'm still not sure why you're posting (and keep posting) this in the LR thread. Good luck. Hope you're getting rid of those nasty rims on that car. They look cheap on a car that is $130k+ but I guess each to their own. Duces.

Reactions: Jmworder and cwanja