Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully in December I get this email:

Attachments

• 08E520FB-7AEB-463C-B69F-2773753469EC.png
    08E520FB-7AEB-463C-B69F-2773753469EC.png
    275 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Vinny860 and Almost
End of quarter baby! After the email, my EDD was September 30 to October 20. Today, September 21-September 30. Moved up with a narrower date range. Woo hoo! MS LR, 19" wheels, black interior, and no FSD, ordered at the Mall May 1, RN1148.

My excitement is tempered by Elon's crappy (if honest) statement that there are more QC issues during end of quarter production pushes. Guess I have to accelerate my total garage remodel so I have somewhere nice to find all the panel gaps :p (my wife got me on the remodel after ok'ing the Tesla but what guy doesn't like fixing up the garage).

Kidding a little on the panel gaps. After seeing all the complaints about Tesla panel gaps and QC, I looked at some of my non-Tesla cars and now I can't NOT see all the panel gaps and misalignments of interior trim (on the Ford (some little ones and a big one that now bugs me a lot) and Honda (some little ones) BUT except for one small alignment issue none on the Benz which is I guess everyone's point on a $90k car).

WAIT, I realize this all assumes that the EDD means something (CRAP, one stupid email from Tesla and I am completely back in on the EDDs) o_O.

As always, good luck to everyone especially those with orders before mine.

I’m so fed up with Tesla.

After months of nothing but blank I finally get a date range on Monday: Sept 15 - Sept 30.

This morning it’s pushed back 3-4 weeks to Oct 6 - Oct 26 (like several other people).

I’m glad someone on here with a LR and 19” wheels finally received a VIN but I’m not going to believe any of these EDDs until someone actually takes delivery.

My one consolation is if Tesla delays long enough there will be a competitor which finally offers a product as compelling as the MS and THEN I can take business elsewhere. That thought makes me smile when I’m not yanking my hair out from frustration.

Last edited:
Reactions: boskog
Very good point. Now that I’ve bought a new car to get me through the wait, I’d very likely cancel and get a 2022 when they are being built to order. But being $10k below the current price, and likely more price increases coming given the rapid increase in inflation we are seeing throughout the economy, it just doesn’t pencil. No doubt Tesla considered that when making the two recent price increases.
If you get a car built in Q4 2021 from Tesla, it will have a 2022 vin. This started two years ago

What's interesting is not just the earliest date but the time between earliest and latest.

Mine: 9 day range
Nickogero: 10 day range
Aramos: 13 day range
fldude: 20 day range

I'm more curious how the range is determined rather than the dates themselves
Mine is 20 days as well, in SoCal. I wonder if region has something to play, being in LA means a car can be shipped real quick - maybe the car is "tagged" in multiple potential batches?

FWIW, my newest update (Black/Black, 21" RN1149 SoCal):

Aug 10: Nov 01 - 21
Aug 11: Nov 02 - 22
Aug 12: Nov 09 - 29
Aug 13: Nov 04 - 24

Seems to be a consistent 20 day range, but various start dates, with it slowly being pushed back..

Reactions: chromeboy
I added both me and my wife to the registration when I purchased it earlier this year, which has turned out to be a risky mistake. With the new timelines, I am concerned that it may become available when she is out of town.

Questions for people who have purchased any new Tesla before:
  1. How strict are they about both people on the registration showing up for delivery?
  2. And if they're strict, is it possible to remove her from the registration in the chance that after 6 months of waiting, they schedule delivery in the 4 day window when she's not available to join me at pick up?
Perhaps you should explore a "power of attorney" document as an option. I don't know if this would work, but it is worth investigating.

On 8/10, my EDD went from blank to October 10 - October 30. Today (8/13) the EDD improved to October 05 - October 25 for my SoCal order. See order details in my signature line.

I'm encouraged by the movement, but prefer a Q4 build date for the change to a 2022 model year. We've waited so long, it seems fair to have all recent deliveries assigned as 2022 models.

End of quarter baby! After the email, my EDD was September 30 to October 20. Today, September 21-September 30. Moved up with a narrower date range. Woo hoo! MS LR, 19" wheels, black interior, and no FSD, ordered at the Mall May 1, RN1148.

My excitement is tempered by Elon's crappy (if honest) statement that there are more QC issues during end of quarter production pushes. Guess I have to accelerate my total garage remodel so I have somewhere nice to find all the panel gaps :p (my wife got me on the remodel after ok'ing the Tesla but what guy doesn't like fixing up the garage).

Kidding a little on the panel gaps. After seeing all the complaints about Tesla panel gaps and QC, I looked at some of my non-Tesla cars and now I can't NOT see all the panel gaps and misalignments of interior trim (on the Ford (some little ones and a big one that now bugs me a lot) and Honda (some little ones) BUT except for one small alignment issue none on the Benz which is I guess everyone's point on a $90k car).

WAIT, I realize this all assumes that the EDD means something (CRAP, one stupid email from Tesla and I am completely back in on the EDDs) o_O.

As always, good luck to everyone especially those with orders before mine.

The specific day ranges in these EDDs make them seem more credible than the phony month EDDs that Tesla previously provided. I wonder if Tesla would be so devious as to intentionally provide new EDDs with fake precision to further string along its angry customers. We will find out! If Tesla replaces my October range with some range next year, then I'm done.

Mine is 20 days as well, in SoCal. I wonder if region has something to play, being in LA means a car can be shipped real quick - maybe the car is "tagged" in multiple potential batches?

FWIW, my newest update (Black/Black, 21" RN1149 SoCal):

Aug 10: Nov 01 - 21
Aug 11: Nov 02 - 22
Aug 12: Nov 09 - 29
Aug 13: Nov 04 - 24

Seems to be a consistent 20 day range, but various start dates, with it slowly being pushed back..
Same exact build & location (Black/Black, 21" RN1149) - ordered May 15th :

Aug 9: Oct 7 - 27
Aug 11: Oct 6 - 26
Aug 13: Oct 4 - 24

After months of nothing but blank I finally get a date range on Monday: Sept 15 - Sept 30.

This morning it’s pushed back 3-4 weeks to Oct 6 - Oct 26 (like several other people).

I’m glad someone on here with a LR and 19” wheels finally received a VIN but I’m not going to believe any of these EDDs until someone actually takes delivery.

My one consolation is if Tesla delays long enough there will be a competitor which finally offers a product as compelling as the MS and THEN I can take business elsewhere. That thought makes me smile when I’m not yanking my hair out from frustration.
Is there a cream problem now? I have cream interior with a sept 21-30 EDD (it is holding so far).

Hi fellow NCarolinian! #11458. Ordered 3/2/21. You & I are sadly in the same boat (see my post from earlier today). There is another member here from NC who is still slated to get his car during the last 2 wks. of Sept., the same as me & you. My EDD has been blank since mid May then I got the your same range earlier this week on 8/10. Today you & I got the boot off the train to NC in Sept…our deliveries are now Oct. Tesla shenanigans once again…very frustrating!

Last edited:
Reactions: Leojsayta