Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is on transport for indy deliver, unfortunately the truck is going to Chicago first. So some bastad here is delaying my car 2 days and getting theirs sooner 😁 it's probably that greenghandi fellow...

Anyway Thursday 26th afternoon bois

LOL actually its me my friend. My car gets to delivered to Chicago, Aug 26th in the morning after talking with my sales advisor. <3

Congrats, that's a great rate!
Have you or anybody been successful with financing the entire cost of the car (before taxes)? I was initially (6+ months ago) approved for only $60k financing. Wondering if that's the usual case for everyone, or if I should shop around
I've financed up to the full amount with little down before with Tesla, and my wife more recently. Typically just a consideration of your debt to income ration and what they think you can reasonably make monthly payments based on your verified income.

Asking this here one more time.
I have FSD on my build but I would like to remove it as I dont think I would use it much, especially with the subscription model being available now.
Having said that, would I incur the 10k price difference if I change the FSD on the build. Especially because its a software add on.

Also, my SA seems unresponsive at the moment, would be great to know if someone has removed FSD after the price change or if someone has good relationship with their SA, can let check with them on removing FSD.
FWIW I see a remove FSD button on my build, but I am unsure of what would happen due to it!

Thanks!!

Woohoo! I get to jump on the VIN Announcement bandwagon, got my VIN apparently at 2am Central time 😄 they work late in California!
Same 5YJSA1E56MF439--- range that other people are getting today. AND my delivery window tightened up to to a solid week. So now all I need to do is hunt down the money 😅

MVPA doesn't include the $2k pre-refresh discount so I guess I need to call someone about that but this is fairly exciting.

Woohoo! I get to jump on the VIN Announcement bandwagon, got my VIN apparently at 2am Central time 😄 they work late in California!
Same 5YJSA1E56MF439--- range that other people are getting today. AND my delivery window tightened up to to a solid week. So now all I need to do is hunt down the money 😅

MVPA doesn't include the $2k pre-refresh discount so I guess I need to call someone about that but this is fairly exciting.
Which location in Houston are you taking delivery? Looking to see some 19s in person.

Asking this here one more time.
I have FSD on my build but I would like to remove it as I dont think I would use it much, especially with the subscription model being available now.
Having said that, would I incur the 10k price difference if I change the FSD on the build. Especially because its a software add on.

Also, my SA seems unresponsive at the moment, would be great to know if someone has removed FSD after the price change or if someone has good relationship with their SA, can let check with them on removing FSD.
FWIW I see a remove FSD button on my build, but I am unsure of what would happen due to it!

Thanks!!
On the FSD removal / $10,000 increase - the likely answer is yes. Some are reporting no, some are reporting yes. As you said, you have a button in your profile to remove it. You can be the test mule to try it out. It is a wash if the price increases right? ;)

Visiting the Tesla Tampa, FL delivery center again today…they are delivering five 2021 refresh Model S, four Plaid in MSM and Black with Black and Creme interior and wood and carbon accents and one LR in White/Creme. All with 21” wheels. All also looked good from an exterior review. They are delivering ~25 Tesla’s of various models per day right now.

I did asked about my delivery window and the Tesla three day delivery requirement given my travel schedule and my EDD. Three days is required to get it out of the delivery center. You can do everything online and have someone pick-up the car for you…which could help me. Still a tough pill given Tesla’s wild delivery and ever changing delivery window.

Also, work with your SA…as it was recommended. They are consulted when someone opts out of their car and it becomes available. They try to prioritize need, like your current car lease is up, you sold your car or you have no car.

Tesla wants to make and sell cars…and as we heard, supplies continue to be the hold up.

Reactions: cwanja and GrnSqrl

Discount will show 1-3 days before you accept delivery according to my SA and others here. Congratulations!

Hey All! I updated my payment terms with my SA today and now my account is requesting payment details. WHEN do I actually pay? Do I need to ACH now, or wait for a delivery day? I have a VIN and EDD of 8/26-9/1
All advice I’ve seen here is to wait until you inspect on delivery day. That’s what I’m planning.

Reactions: jebinc
Sorry if my post was not clear. SA told me the car was coming via rail, from Fremont to a depot in NJ. Once it’s offloaded from train in NJ, it will be loaded on a truck for the ride from the depot to my SC in Devon, PA.
Im guessing mine is on same train since our edd mirror each other..date range hasnt change last couple days...still 8/22 - 28rh

I've financed up to the full amount with little down before with Tesla, and my wife more recently. Typically just a consideration of your debt to income ration and what they think you can reasonably make monthly payments based on your verified income.
Stanford Federal Credit Union has offered me 100% of sales price (not taxes or license) at 1.49%...for that rate you need to have an automatic deposit monthly of over $500 and use their credit card or keep a balance in a savings account of $25k. If you don’t meet these requirements the interest rate is 0.5% higher (1.99%).

I know this is the LR thread…. but some have been asking to see the lobster forks from the side…. I happen to have old M3 wheel center plugs that fit perfectly. Enjoy your lobster; BYOB (Butter)!

3CE62D8F-944E-4D8E-8119-4476C5FD6670.jpeg

Attachments

• 1AC80AE9-11B9-4F9D-8596-069B07BA8B53.jpeg
    1AC80AE9-11B9-4F9D-8596-069B07BA8B53.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 91
  • EE8B5B9F-A02A-4FF3-9154-E9AC785CCB0F.jpeg
    EE8B5B9F-A02A-4FF3-9154-E9AC785CCB0F.jpeg
    769.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 437681BC-2A9D-4AD2-9889-96C9AC5EA768.jpeg
    437681BC-2A9D-4AD2-9889-96C9AC5EA768.jpeg
    757.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 5A1128CC-A718-420D-967C-BD19C34C94CF.jpeg